Custard De Leche by Adore eLiquids - All Day Deliciousness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I ordered Custard De Leche Adore eliquids after seeing it mentioned in several YouTube videos. I wanted to share my impressions of this e-liquid. Here's the website and their description:

CustardDeLeche-2T.jpg

Custard De Leche

"Signature creamy layers of rich elegant custard infused with a thick caramel sauce that dances on your palette.

90VG/10PG
30ml $12.99
60ml $22.99 (identical 30 ml twin pack)
120ml $35.99"

Methodology

I decided to review it in a variety of tanks both to give people an idea how it might perform with their own vaping setups, and to test what might give the best results for myself. Accordingly, I used the liquid with three mods and four tanks. I also used it with wattage and temperature control modes.

I used a Smoant Cylon, a Al85 Smok Baby Alien, and a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 75c for mods. The tanks used were:

For MTL tanks I used an SXK Prime Clone with a .62 Ohm 3mm SS clapton spaced coil and a Doggystyle clone with a 2mm .5 Ohm coil from the same wire.

For DTL tanks I used a Wake RTA from Wake Mod Co. using the included dual coils and the Geekvape Zeus single coil RTA with the included coil. For the Zeus the coil was mounted in alignment with the airflow ports rather than canting it toward the wicking channels as some people have suggested.

All wicking was done with Rayon.

General Impressions

This is one my favorite liquids of those I have tried. It is quite accurate to the stated company description. It is a rich, creamy vanilla custard sweetened and deepened in complexity by the caramel. The custard is certainly the dominate flavor, with the caramel as an under tone. The taste combination is a wonderful result, that should come through with strength both from the tongue and reinforced by the aroma.

It's a quite smooth vape, without a hint of harshness. You might think it would become cloying as a custard with prolonged vaping, but the balance of flavor and sweetness is just about perfect - rewarding and sort of comforting. That is what makes it an excellent candidate for an all day e-liquid.

I am not a devotee of huge clouds, I just want the flavor. Nevertheless it is fully capable of making as large a cloud as I can think any one would want, being a 90VG/10PG liquid.

Tank Specific Results

SXK Prime Clone: At 18 watts a good warm vape is produced, flavorful and pleasant. With TC set at 440 degrees and 20 Watts, it is very consistent. No real preference in taste between modes.

SXK Doggystyle Clone: Excellent results, perhaps bringing out the sweeter notes a bit more than the Prime. I use the same 18 watts in wattage, and 440 degrees in temperature mode. With the Doggystyle, I prefer Temperature Control. The Doggystyle has a very small chamber and TC seems to prevent any overheating.

Wake RTA: Using .4 Ohm coils at 45 watts I get a lush warm vape, with that bit wetter larger vape production than the MTL tanks.

Geekvape Zeus: With the .33 Ohm coil at 50 watts, I get a quite similar result as with the Wake RTA. Dense, warm and tasty.

Conclusions: I have some liquids that are a bit persnickety as to the coils and tanks and modes used. They need a specific type and range of conditions to bring out their qualities. The Custard De Leche is the opposite. Whether you are a like MTL or DTL style tanks, or prefer Wattage or temperature control, the chances are very high that you will get great flavor and satisfying volumes of vapor from this e-liquid.

I think that is a testament to the quality and skillful blending with which this liquid is made. It has such a well done equilibrium between flavor potency and tolerable all day intensity, complexity and clarity, richness without being overpowering – that the biggest challenge is not to go crazy on chain vaping.

Which brings me to the issue of liquid consumption. With the DTL tanks it is quite easy to go through liquid at a prodigious rate. I tend to use the MTL tanks most of the time, and switch up to the DTL tanks for variety.

This may seem like a rather one-sided review, I have not cited negatives for Custard De Leche. That is because I really don’t have any. I put in an order for more today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread