Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
DSC06010.jpg
:laugh:

Just got my Gourmet Vapor order, yeah! I built a little cardboard and toothpick setup to keep the bottles from tipping over while they steep... I can't wait to see how they should\will taste. :2cool:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
View attachment 23532
:laugh:

Just got my Gourmet Vapor order, yeah! I built a little cardboard and toothpick setup to keep the bottles from tipping over while they steep... I can't wait to see how they should\will taste. :2cool:

Whatever works, right? BTW, are you making vitamin enhanced juice? :laugh:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
No problem with the setup, looks like it will work. Is the point to allow the juice to be open topped for a period? I've seen others advocate letting the juice 'breathe' for a period. I must confess, I don't get it. This would allow the hygroscopic juice to absorb atmospheric water vapor, yes. I'm not clear on the benefit over simply adding water to the juice. Is it supposed to release an 'something' undesirable into the air?

I'm sure there's something here that I'm not 'getting'.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
... LOL, I'm just following the advice of others here, youtube etc. Not sure if or how it really works ... I've noticed some of the juice I've done this with has tasted better (and smoother), but if you are expecting a scientific or meteorological answer from me, you will be waiting a very, very long time. If anything, it does make the house smell better.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
No problem with the setup, looks like it will work. Is the point to allow the juice to be open topped for a period? I've seen others advocate letting the juice 'breathe' for a period. I must confess, I don't get it. This would allow the hygroscopic juice to absorb atmospheric water vapor, yes. I'm not clear on the benefit over simply adding water to the juice. Is it supposed to release an 'something' undesirable into the air?

I'm sure there's something here that I'm not 'getting'.

In my first batch of DIY, I just kind of "did" without the "thinking" part. I mixed 36 down to 18 and a couple of my bottles had flavors that really sucked. I gave them Shan's (I think) suggested steeping process. Open air 24 hrs, shake, sit, open and air out, shake, sit . . . . They came out tasting great after a week. I wondered why, so I dropped a few drops of the flavoring in a condom and let it sit for a week. It smelled wonderful too. Before doing so, the juice had a "perfumy" taste to it, and so does that flavor - I just assumed a "oxidation", "emulsification" process happened. Whatever it was, my first juices taste good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread