Custom Vape Stand - $5 Budget/Walmart Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
I would like to thank Chris Choi [from ........'s vaping Deals and Steals - Save $$] for letting me know about this wonderful stand. Click on >url< to get to the product I am talking about. This stand has a potential for almost anything! It has a custom look with a low price of $5. My stand still has a long way to go. I still have to drill out a few more holes for the mech mods and my all day vape juice bottles. I was also thinking of laying some sort of fabric on the racks, but leave the side walls bare. Or I was thinking of sanding and then staining it to give it some of my own touch.

Here is a link to the stand: >Mainstay 3 Tier Bamboo Organizer<
Here is a link to cheap spade bits >Irwin Speedbore<

Over head view:
M7Tc7IX.jpg

Side view:
xWHbjEM.jpg

Back view:
ZUZUBxD.jpg

The top rack has fourteen 1 peso coins. I will drill them out and the holes will be large enough for 10 ml bottles. The 10 ml bottles I will be using are from >Wizard Labs< and >Fast Tech<.

The middle rack will house 5 mods. The holes will be about 25 mm, large enough to fit the M16 clone, Private V2 clone, Chi You clone, Nemesis clone, and Sentinel clone. To the right of the mod holders, there is 6 holes that will comfortable fit 14 mm atomizers such as an ERA clone, Phoenix Bully, DID clone, IGO-S, Firefly, Phoenix M2, and the VA Cyclone clone. To the right of the 14 mm atomizer holders, are 10 holders for atomizers up to 23 mm such as the Immortalizer clone, Trident clone, Nimbus clone, Oddy clone, Ithaka clone, etc. The holes on the middle rack are not large enough for 510 drip tips.

The bottom rack can hold up to 45 drip tips. The holes here are large enough for 510 atomizers, but there will be some movement since 510 connections is smaller than a 510 drip tip.

The inside of this stand is hollow. You will have to add some sort of floor so the mods and bottles will be raised.

Template for top rack: http://i.imgur.com/ZucC70B.png
Template for middle rack: http://i.imgur.com/cTgYhmG.png
Template for bottom rack: http://i.imgur.com/dT55PNd.png

Last edited:

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
Sorry for the long overdue finished pictures. Procrastination school and work has kept me from updating this. Update is on the first post. I can't seem to edit the first post, so here it is:

m0EOvWA.jpg

Here is the finished stand! I estimated that I could safely add more holes to the top rack, so I did. Unfortunately, I lost the template for the new top rack so I'm sorry if whomever wanted more holes for their juice. Instead of buying the spade bits on the first post, I opted for a BETTER spade bit set pictured on this post. It is abit more expensive, but the blue Irwin speedbores are 100x better than the ones on the 1st post. Ignore the false bottom I used for the picture, those are temporary. I will glue on elevated bottoms for the middle and top rack, so that the mods and juice bottles won't fall through.

The top rack holes are 7/8" in diameter. These perfectly hold the 10 ml bottles from Fast Tech and Wizard Labs. See 1st post for specific item links. The 5 holes for the mod on the left side of the middle rack are 1" in diameter. The sentinel clone, private v2 clone, and m16 clones fits perfectly in the 1" holes. The eVic, various eGo batteries, and nemesis clone will have extra spacing on all sides.

ClB9bQ3.jpg

Here is a new vapestand I am working on for the living room. The wood on the left is Brazilian Cherry and the one on the left is Oak Cork. Both can be found at Home Depot's floor isles. They are the free samples :oops: I figured that if I were to display something at the living room, it has to look alot nicer than the bamboo 3 tier storage rack.

It is incomplete, so don't judge it yet! Pictures do it justice. I'm not the best wood driller out there, but the edges are clean enough to prevent crumbling edges. What I did for protection: I used a glue that dried hard and clear, on the insides of the hole. I have returned the brazilian cherry in exchange for another cork piece. I plan to lacquer the top of the cork to give it shine and added protection.

Last edited:

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
I bought a couple today thanks to your suggestion. I needed something like this for my DIY flavorings so I can actually read the damn things without fumbling through them all the time. Heres a pic.....

View attachment 258090

8-o Good Night!

On topic though, great budget find!

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
Has anyone tried building a stand made from cutting boards or butchers blocks they have laying around the kitchen? I'm thinking about building a 2 or 3 tier stand made from plastic cutting boards, female threaded stainless rods and flush mount Allen bolts. I'm gonna make a run to the thrift stores and hardware stores and see what I can dig up. The great thing about using the plastic cutting boards is you can drill holes and cut them very easily, they're super cheap used, very durable and won't sustain any damage if dropped or any liquid gets on them etc.

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
Little update:
It has been 6 months, and for $5 this thing isn't expected to last long. The bamboo has soaked up some of the leakages from atomizers. The bottom tier with the drip tips are showing signs of unwantedness since I didn't wipe their bottoms before putting them in the hole.

The floor sample home depot project was scrapped since the bamboo was good enough. The floor sample stand shouldn't take more than 1 hour tops to make all nice and pretty.

@Jackstand Johnny
I actually thought about doing that, but I have no access to an electric saw prevents me from pursuing such endeavor. In marked down stores such as Ross, Michaels, and TJMaxx, they have tons of cutting boards for under $5 including tax. Many of the cheaper ones come in pack of 3: small, medium, and large. Those would be perfect for what you're looking for!

In walmart, they sell pre-cut wooden plaques for $96 cents each. Home Depot sells large 2ft x 2ft (around that size, I don't remember) MDF boards for like $6. It is definitely enough to make one and more for mistakes/learning. Long wooden dowels can be had for under $1, cut them up and use them as legs or support for the tiers. They're cheap wood and can swell with leaking liquid, but proper prepwork should fix that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread