Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Many of you know I got my first genuine mech mod. I've been bragging about it everywhere. It's seriously a dream to use the switch. Lernaia Hydra from elcigart in Greece. The reverse threading is a tad annoying, but the short throw and teeny tiny bit of pressure needed to fire it, combined with a fabulous, clicking locking mechanism that has never failed, and the fact that this mech has never misfired makes up for it. Can't wait to order a second genuine mech mod. Something with a recessed switch like the Hydra I think, so I don't have to lock it at all when I want to place it on a table. Anyway, the mod isn't what this is about. It's about the vendor I got it from.

Their ad was a bit confusing when I found the mod on sale for the 4th of July. It said device only, however according to the ad, the Zorbas came with the Hydra. The Zorbas is a variable watt attachment that can go up to 22 watts. I decided I'd prefer something like that over a huge Seven 22, and I wasn't interested in a box mod which counted out many of the dna 30 mods out there. The lack of a screen may prove annoying in the end, but I was interested in keeping the look of a mech and if I didn't like it, I figured I could just use the Hydra as a mech, which is what I'm doing now. For the price listed, I figured the Zorbas wasn't included, but I bought the mod anyway while crossing my fingers on it. I shot out an email to the vendor, asking whether the Zorbas was considered part of the device or not. The ad only mentioned that specifically didn't include the airflow control ring...

I was right, the Zorbas wasn't included. I was okay with that. I got the mod alone at what I considered to be a steal. I told them I was okay with that. Guess what? THEY'RE SENDING ME ONE FOR FREE ANYWAY!!! Keep in mind that the Hydra plus Zorbas together is normally $295 at this site. I got the mod for $120 and free shipping. It also seems that this vendor is selling the whole set up at continued lower rates, if anyone is interested. The mod I think will continue to be $120 and the Zorbas will only be $30. Not sure if I am allowed to mention who the vendor is, but if you're interested, PM me. Guess it wasn't a popular device, considering that there are now plenty of dna 30 devices out there. You need to count the lights on the Zorbas to set the wattage, but looks mattered to me more then a screen for this buy, and I'm figuring I may not be the only one. The original price certainly held me back, but for $150, I'd do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread