Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

In my desperate search for a dna-30 PV that won't leave me unable to pay my months rent and bills, I came across the following thread on the FT forum:

DNA 20/30 Mods?: FastTech Forums

So basically this guy says he got himself a Sigelei ZMAX V3 (which I coincidentally have in the post en-route) and pulled the internals out and replaced with a dna 30 Chip and 'some switches' and voila, he has a 30W V3???

216197IMG1542.jpg

Is this really possible??? If not with this specific MOD, with any other VW MOD? I would have thought a lot of people would be having a go with this if it was, I know I certainly will!

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated! :D

Last edited:

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
That is awesome. I have the V5 I might have to give this a go one day. I'm guessing he relocated the fire button to the back of the mod.

I know right! So you believe this is the real deal? I wasn't sure as i found a couple of posts accusing this of being a top notch photoshop job, and also I have never seen the DNA30 chip or ZMAX V3 in person yet, so wasn't sure if it would even fit.

If this is possible I will most definitely be doing my homework and having a go of this!

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I know right! So you believe this is the real deal? I wasn't sure as i found a couple of posts accusing this of being a top notch photoshop job, and also I have never seen the DNA30 chip or ZMAX V3 in person yet, so wasn't sure if it would even fit.

If this is possible I will most definitely be doing my homework and having a go of this!

No I think it's very doable. Looks like that person extended the opening by drilling out the space between the current display and fire button and squared it all off to fit the larger display in. So I'm guessing the fire button would then be relocated to the back of the mod by simply drilling a new hole through the case.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
People have modded the mvp with dna chips. I was about to do it to mine. Then, it got ran over..I didn't want to spend $50 on a chip for a messed up looking mod..

Does the zmax top just pop off and back on? That looks like a chore. I'd look into that before you get a chip for it. Or better yet, get materials to make one yourself. No sense in being minus a good mod if something screws up.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
People have modded the mvp with dna chips. I was about to do it to mine. Then, it got ran over..I didn't want to spend $50 on a chip for a messed up looking mod..

Does the zmax top just pop off and back on? That looks like a chore. I'd look into that before you get a chip for it. Or better yet, get materials to make one yourself. No sense in being minus a good mod if something screws up.

Yh I have one in the post on the way so i'll be able to get a better look and maybe have a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread