• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Customs Discussions -Outside Canada Orders/Shipping/Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesliea

Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
The below was posted by "fisherpal" and I thought I would do him (her?) a favour and start a new thread since I CAN NOW

Hi all - don't have enough posts to start a new thread but just read something REALLY scary for all us Canuks under 'E-Cigs and the Law' - check out the thread that talks about Canada Customs refusing shipment. One of our members from Ontario had their shipment from overseas seized by Customs. They are sending it back to the supplier. Has anyone else had any problems with Customs either from overseas or from the US suppliers? I think we need to keep on top of how many of us 'regular consumers' are starting to get flagged at Customs now. I think we've all been hoping it's just the 'big' orders that catch their attention but maybe things are cracking down harder and faster than we thought they would. I desperately need to re-order as my penstyle atomizer is shot but ... man ... just don't know who or where to try to buy from anymore. :(

Anyway, I hope someone else starts a thread specifically for anyone to post on that has problems getting their order through so that we all can have some idea of what is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lesliea

Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I can't see where the ORIGINAL post is. The one in "Law and the e-cigarette makes referense to another post that I can' seem to find.......

In any case, let's not panic until we know the details.

While I fully understand that people are REALLY trying to stock up, for obvious reasons, we might do well to look to our own Canadian suppliers who actually do have stock on hand and then WE don't have to worry about Customs. That being said, they are taking the risk so we should not be surprised to pay a bit more.

Even in the States, the occasional order has been seized and/or confiscated. That doesn't mean ALL will be, so let's not panic.

Misty: i belive the afore mentioned post is the one in the law section that quotes one of your post in the newbie section about an EMS shippment you had not clear customs if i read it right
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/law-e-cigarette/13634-customs-refusal-canada.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Lesliea

Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
"Just looked at my original bill, yes, EMS shipping.

Refusal would be proper naming device. I suppose seizure would suggest they will keep it, which is not possible for them either, (since it is not allowed entry). They are sending my order back. Just got off phone with agent that refused my order. Sympathetic ex-smoker of two years. She informed me that the proper licensing is just about complete as a medical device. She did not divulge what company is doing it, I will assume a pharmaceutical company has struck a deal with Chinese manufacturers. She told me that the liquid will not be importable and that the cartridges will be classified "schedule F" meaning prescription only (from doctor). Anyway, she said rumor on her end was; that it may be as soon a few months away." emphasis mine.

Actually, that sounds pretty positive if it is true. Kinda........At least in Canada, Big Pharma isn't (so much) king......right? Am I right? Please tell me I'm right!!!!!!

Lesliea

Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
If it is by prescription then you won't be able to be stopped from vaping in public places. I wonder if they thought this through yet.

:) I am pretty sure that my doc would be very amenable to this. We have discussed the "puffer" before and she has has some success with other "patients" with that route. One thing that I like about my doc is that she is not a knee jerk anti-smoking idiot. She is well aware of the psychological benafits.

The problem that I have with the whole idea is that yeah, I could get my doc to prescribe, but what about everyone else? It's a medicalization of a pleasure activity......

This is something that I have really hesitated to say, but I LOVE SMOKING!!!!!!!! i enjoy it. It gives me PLEASURE!!!!!! But I would like to have it not be so damaging to me. I'd like not to hack up a lung every morning.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
This story illustrates the problem quite nicely:

Cut ties between Health Canada, drug companies, grieving MP urges

Health Canada, much like the CRTC, has been converted from being a government watchdog into acting as a front end for special interests. I have to stop reading, the endless barrage of complicity between our government institutions and large corporations infuriates me.

Like most Canadians, I have no idea where to start to fight back in an effective manner.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Know how you feel, Nuck. It makes you mad as he!! but even worse is the feeling that anything you do to try to stop/change things would be as useless as a flea biting the back of an elephant. There are so many gov't entities moving towards goals that we seem to have no control over - it is infuriating.

On a better note, I just placed an order with electonic-cigz last night and, man, Sean is amazing in his customer service! I've been bugging him with emails off and on over the past couple of weeks (trying to make up my mind if an M401 was really what I wanted in the mean time) and he was always super fast in replying and always polite and helpful! Can hardly wait for my package to arrive now but he's got a customer for ... well, as long as I can continue to buy from him! Highly recommended supplier!

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Know how you feel, Nuck. It makes you mad as he!! but even worse is the feeling that anything you do to try to stop/change things would be as useless as a flea biting the back of an elephant. There are so many gov't entities moving towards goals that we seem to have no control over - it is infuriating.

On a better note, I just placed an order with electonic-cigz last night and, man, Sean is amazing in his customer service! I've been bugging him with emails off and on over the past couple of weeks (trying to make up my mind if an M401 was really what I wanted in the mean time) and he was always super fast in replying and always polite and helpful! Can hardly wait for my package to arrive now but he's got a customer for ... well, as long as I can continue to buy from him! Highly recommended supplier!

Glad to hear of your experience with Sean. He's a good guy and there are quite a few Canadians who have similar good experiences with him. I hope the 401 works out for you.

"Just looked at my original bill, yes, EMS shipping.

Refusal would be proper naming device. I suppose seizure would suggest they will keep it, which is not possible for them either, (since it is not allowed entry). They are sending my order back. Just got off phone with agent that refused my order. Sympathetic ex-smoker of two years. She informed me that the proper licensing is just about complete as a medical device. She did not divulge what company is doing it, I will assume a pharmaceutical company has struck a deal with Chinese manufacturers. She told me that the liquid will not be importable and that the cartridges will be classified "schedule F" meaning prescription only (from doctor). Anyway, she said rumor on her end was; that it may be as soon a few months away." emphasis mine.

Actually, that sounds pretty positive if it is true. Kinda........At least in Canada, Big Pharma isn't (so much) king......right? Am I right? Please tell me I'm right!!!!!!

Touchdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread