?? Cutting 100mg nic and immediately vapable flavors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Morning all!

I bought 500 ml of 100 mg Nic. I want to put 360 ml into 3 120 ml amber bottles and leave it in the freezer, take the other 140 ml and cut it to 48 mg Nic to use for mixing. I feel that doing it this way keeps me from constantly having to handle the 100 mg Nic. Quick approximation of 300 ml of 48 mg, 2 120 ml bottles to the freezer and the rest to work with. Does this make sense and does it sound like a good idea? Obviously the '300 ml' is just an 'off the top of my head' guess, I haven't done it yet. But if it was accurate, that would leave me 60 ml of 48 mg to start with. So whatcha think?

Also, I bought a bunch of flavors, need to know which ones, through experience, you have found to be vapable without steeping. Been 48 hrs without an analog and I really need to find something I like. What I have just isn't doing it for me.

I have the following flavors and additives:

Butter Rum
Kahlua & Cream
French Vanilla
Graham Cracker Clear
Dble Chocolate Clear
Caramel Cappucino
Tiramisu
Orange Brandy
Almond
Champagne
Vanilla Bourbon
A.P.
Brandy
Irish Cream
English Toffee
Kentucky Bourbon
Koolada
Honey
Strawberry (Ripe)
Coconut Candy
Cheesecake
Raisin
Bittersweet Chocolate
Caramel Original
Whipped Cream
Plum
Coffee Clear
Vanillin 10%
Toasted Marshmallow
Bavarian Cream
Espresso
Menthol Liquid 10%
Smooth
EM 10%
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
Graham Cracker Dark
Sweetener

tobacco Flavors:

555 Type DK
tobacco Absolute Blend (PG)
Ry4 Double
M-Type Premium
Ry4 Asian
Flue Cured
Tobacco Type

I believe all but Butter Rum, Almond and maybe Orange Brandy, are TFA Flavors. The others are Lorann.

I currently have S'Mores and Eclairs in the cabinet steeping. Recipes I found online. Yeah, you can tell how my tastes run.;)

Any ideas, suggestions, hints, etc are greatly appreciated!

Deb - NCPatches

Reactions: Chiisaiinu

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Usually most of the flavors you have need steep time.(sorry). Capella sweet strawberry is very good and immediately vapable. Also the Baked Cinn Roll and chocolate creme from onestopdiyshop is immediately vapable due to their already mixing the flavors for them. And they are really good.
sorry I couldn't help you with what you already have.

here is a link to one stop
One Stop Flavors - 1 oz - One Stop DIY Shop Store

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You'll have about 300 mls of 48mg working nic out and ready to use. With all those flavors you'll be quite busy mixing. This will add up to 600mls if you cut it to a final 24mg mix and even more if you vape less then 24mg. For instance if you vape 12mg you'll have 1200ml's of nic out. So I would try to average how much nic you think your going to go through in a 4 - 6 month period and only keep that much out. Have you read my blogs yet?

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Usually most of the flavors you have need steep time.(sorry). Capella sweet strawberry is very good and immediately vapable. Also the Baked Cinn Roll and chocolate creme from onestopdiyshop is immediately vapable due to their already mixing the flavors for them. And they are really good.

That's ok, I figured as much from the reading I've done. It just so happens that these are the kind of flavors I like. I should have bought more fruits, but I'm not a big 'fruit' person. I'll probably order some and can have it before anything is steeped and ready.

The reason I only have the 2 recipes steeping, is that I just got my bottles yesterday, so want to start on some flavors today.

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
You'll have about 300 mls of 48mg working nic out and ready to use. With all those flavors you'll be quite busy mixing. This will add up to 600mls if you cut it to a final 24mg mix and even more if you vape less then 24mg. For instance if you vape 12mg you'll have 1200ml's of nic out. So I would try to average how much nic you think your going to go through in a 4 - 6 month period and only keep that much out. Have you read my blogs yet?

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Read them more than once. :)

I'm vaping 4mg right now. I figured I'd leave out the mixing bottle of approximately 60 ml of 48mg and the rest of the 100mg and 48mg would be in the freezer until needed. I suppose I could cut that 48mg to 24, might not be a bad idea, since my nic level is low and the 24mg will last me a long time.

Let's just say, I didn't want to NOT be able to get the Nic a year from now if those people in the 'alphabet' offices decide to restrict it. So at 4mg, I got plenty.;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Also check this out for immediate vaping. Only you have to read thru several of the pages to get what she is really saying. LOL and she corrected the recipe.
What she is mixing is very close to cotton candy style, but is very good and not too sweet. I tried this and also did a 2nd one using 8 mil of ethyl malto and 1ml of vanilln. yum......

:)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/347314-lyndas-lucious.html

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Read them more than once. :)

I'm vaping 4mg right now. I figured I'd leave out the mixing bottle of approximately 60 ml of 48mg and the rest of the 100mg and 48mg would be in the freezer until needed. I suppose I could cut that 48mg to 24, might not be a bad idea, since my nic level is low and the 24mg will last me a long time.

Let's just say, I didn't want to NOT be able to get the Nic a year from now if those people in the 'alphabet' offices decide to restrict it. So at 4mg, I got plenty.;)

60 ml's is very reasonable expecially since your going to start off making small 5ml test batches of each individual flavor to start with right?:)

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
I've found the Kentucky Bourbon and Espresso not to need steeping. Start them at 5% or less and increase to your liking, both work well alone and in combinations.

That's good to know. :)

I plan to do a Kentucky Bourbon/Madagascar Vanilla Tobacco mix, just because it sounds good to me. Maybe over a 555 base flavor. What little mixing I've done leads me to believe my taste buds are shot. Have a hard time tasting anything.

4 days of steady rain has left me so lethargic, I didn't do any mixing today. Maybe tomorrow after the cat's Vet appt. I really need to get some mixing done.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Better to make a 5mL bottle of each single flavor, then mix small amounts of each flavor mixed in a tank or atty. That way you can get a better idea of how much of each you need in the final product.

I plan on making 5 ml in a 10 ml bottle, to give me room to 'play' if it's just awful. I suppose I could mix singles drop by drop in my dripper to give me a basic idea of what the mix would taste like.

Finally got some sunshine! Maybe I'll feel up to doing something later this afternoon, after the cat's Vet visit. 4 days of rain dropped me right in the dumps! Had no ambition to do anything! I'll feel better after getting out in the sun for a bit. :)

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
You could always do what a lot of people have started doing, and go flavorless for a bit. I know it sounds weird but it has a sweet flavor to it if you're heavy on the vg, and I personally use some added sweetener and Koolada for that nice cool feeling.

It's kind of like having a regular cig with a cool shot added. This will be good during the "I can't taste right" stage so you won't do like I have and make a lot of flavors that you can't vape after a while. Plus you can add a little of whatever flavor you want after a bit and that will bring out the flavors better.

Sent with the now mandatory to pay $2.99 in order to use, tapatalk

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
You could always do what a lot of people have started doing, and go flavorless for a bit. I know it sounds weird but it has a sweet flavor to it if you're heavy on the vg, and I personally use some added sweetener and Koolada for that nice cool feeling.

It's kind of like having a regular cig with a cool shot added. This will be good during the "I can't taste right" stage so you won't do like I have and make a lot of flavors that you can't vape after a while. Plus you can add a little of whatever flavor you want after a bit and that will bring out the flavors better.

Sent with the now mandatory to pay $2.99 in order to use, tapatalk

That should be good advice when the time comes. Thank you!

My problem right now is that I am 5 days off analogs (4.5 really) and I think my taste buds are hibernating after being bombarded with 2+PAD menthol analogs for 40+ yrs. Maybe once they wake up, juice will taste better. :)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
That should be good advice when the time comes. Thank you!

My problem right now is that I am 5 days off analogs (4.5 really) and I think my taste buds are hibernating after being bombarded with 2+PAD menthol analogs for 40+ yrs. Maybe once they wake up, juice will taste better. :)

Never a truer word was spoken. Your taste buds are numb right now from years of smoking and that greatly affects what your tasting right now. This gets better with time. Believe me I know I was in the same boat as you almost a year ago and it takes a while for your taste to improve. Just stick with it and stay off those analogs and your taste buds and lungs will thank you for it. Your family will also appreciate the fact that you will be around a lot longer then if you continue to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread