Cutting a 45mm Phoenix Raven cartomizer to fit standard 35mm tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
So I like the idea behind these cartomizers. They are fillerless and perform well from what I hear. The problem is I want to stick them in a 35mm Fluid Flask. I have not had a chance to look at the internals so I dont know how it can be done. I gather they are 45mm in length and need 10mm shaved off. Does anyone know if this can be done without ruining the carto and if so what is the best way to go about it? (I have a Dremel)

GotVapes PHOENiX Raven™ BC Tank CARTO 2.4-2.6ohm - NON-FLANGED [gv-PhoenixRaven-RepCarto-NonFlng] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I bought a few of them to use in my billet box. I marked the required length on them, then stuffed a bit of cotton wool into the tube to stop any stray debris getting onto the atty coil + wick.

I then held it in a vice and cut to length with a hack saw ( only cutting tool available to me ). Finish off with a file and sand paper.

Tried 2 so far, and neither of them worked well for me. I kept getting gurgleing and leaking, very poor vapour and more leaking!

I did just try one out on top of an old ego battery, like a dripping atty, and it worked well enough with fingers covering the 2 'feed' slots.

Good luck in your quest!

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I haven't tried to cut one...yet but I've been thinking about it. I love these cartos! Can't stand the others now. I have a problem with leaking when it's not being used. I did not have much problem with gurgling, it does make some noise, similar to a Protank but the flavor and vapor are awesome.
They do leak through the post when not in use but I am actively looking for a fix. They are worth it...JMHO.

RatDadJoe

Sep 11, 2012
Near Ann Arbor, MI. USA
I haven't tried to cut one...yet but I've been thinking about it. I love these cartos! Can't stand the others now. I have a problem with leaking when it's not being used. I did not have much problem with gurgling, it does make some noise, similar to a Protank but the flavor and vapor are awesome.
They do leak through the post when not in use but I am actively looking for a fix. They are worth it...JMHO.

You could always get a mod-stand, and store your mods up-side-down... It sounds ludicrous at first, but it should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread