• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Thats hard as more than one fits the bill.

I did not start e-cigs to stay away from tobacco completely.

I wanted to be able to enjoy a cup of coffee indoors when it was cold wet and windy outside.

I also wanted to cut down on the amount I was smoking in the evenings.

Straight away I went from 40 analogue cigs a day to 3 , after that it went to 1 or 2 sometimes none.

The last one I smoked made me feel ill so I put it out.

Have not been tempted since.

The only rule I made when my e-cig arrived was that I would not smoke analogues in the house anymore.

No stressing about stopping .

Routine habit fits the bill .
Nicotine was also a big factor in the decision to start vaping, if there was no nicotine juice available I know I would not have been brave enough.
Vapour is also on my list as you feel like you are getting something not just sucking air.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I have tried countless times to quit smoking.

I always miss the touchy feely of the cigarette in my fingers.

I always miss the smoke as I puff it out into the room.

I am weak and have no will power .......

with the e-cigs,
I get it all and I am healthier,
so is everyone around me.

AFTER 45 YEARS -I have quit. I am thrilled.

31 days today since I smoked a fire stick.

Di .....

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
Definitely for me it's the fact that esmoking fully satisfies my cravings for cigarettes. Whenever I've tried to quit smoking before I've always had those cravings no matter what alternative I tried. With this I had no intention of trying to quit smoking, but I have. It's a little miracle.

Same with me. I had no intentions of quitting and yet here I sit, stunned to be a non analog smoker and very, very mild no-nic vaper. The smell of real cigs makes me quite nauseous now. I think the flavours of E cigs helped me a great deal, getting a throat hit and a delightful sweet aftertaste is incomparably nicer than smoking analog cigs. In fact as soon as I got into E cigs I wondered how folks could actively opt for tobacco flavours of any kind (different strokes of course! but personally I was delighted I could get my hit without the ciggy stench!)

I think the main aspect of smoking analogs I was genuinely addicted to was the hand repetition and visible exhalation which is why quit smoking devices were useless for me and why I can actually be satisfied with just a throat hit and no nic. I have turned a lot of people onto E cigs, at least 5 friends and all have either quit the analogs or cut down massively to 1 or 2 per day. None of them had any intentions of quitting at the introduction of the e cig. Its quite incredible really.

Right now I could leave my E cigs where they sit and never puff on anything again but I can't do that, that are too beautiful! Haha

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
I'm a bit surprised that "buzz" doesn't seem to matter much, to me or to anyone else so far.

I get two kinds. One is an overall "buzzy" feeling that I only get that from tobacco. It's kind of pleasant but I really don't miss it much.

The other is a more literal buzz. I have a mild case of tinnitus and any form of nicotine causes it to spike up a bit. In effect, I can "hear" nicotine! I could well do without that, but it isn't severe so I put up with it. As I cut down on nic it may lessen.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I know Rusty but I wanted to see how people prioritise their esmoking. The combination of factors adds up to a pretty good experience for most of us.

At the moment there are most votes - 42% for satisfaction of cravings. I guess that means that esmoking really does take away cravings for many of us (it does for me). Some people have said on other threads that they still crave tobacco though so it doesn't work in that way for everyone.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Im smoking nicotine coconut ....Kate know when i started as i asked her a few weeks ago about coconut ....Hmmmmm ......Niceeeeee ....lol .... So i would say flavour and nicotine .... 2 boxes in the poll need ticked from me .... hee hee.... Ps .... Satisfaction of cravens just about covers everything .... so thats a bit misleading

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I always thought I would die smoking or stop when I am completely incapacitated to continue (and live the rest of my life in misery). Then I heard of this marvellous, relatively safe alternative which would enable me to keep the vice of my life and live to see the kids grow up to be adults and I desperately grabbed it. I smoked my last analogue as usual in the evening and in the morning my wife told me there was a packet from England. I did not know it was my last when I smoked it, but I intend it to be now.

I voted for "cravings" even though I would formulate my answer somewhere along the lines "healthy satisfaction of my addiction". Which is generally the same.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread