Status
Not open for further replies.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I wasn't really planning to quit smoking when I happened upon the e-cigs.. but after doing both for only a few days I started to notice that I really did "enjoy" the e-cig so much more than the real thing. I'd been putting my real cigs out before they were completely finished for a long time (I had started to think of them as being very annoying) and really liked the fact that I could take a "puff or two" on the e-cig... and then put it down until I wanted it again.. without that feeling that I had to "finish" it! Maybe I was just really ready to do this... but the e-cig has made it SOOOO much easier! :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I cut down by about 2 packs but still haven't completely quit. Even with that, I noticed a couple of things I am really grateful for: I used to get this cough at night when I laid down to go to sleep....annoying little ....... it was....kind of like a post nasal drip. I don't have that anymore....nor do I have any "coughing fits" in the morning. Also, I haven't had even an inkling of a cold since, despite the fact that my son had a cold last weekend and usually, when he gets one, I seem to get it to. I didn't this time. I was really thrilled about that!

So despite my continued smoking, I do believe the decrease has improved my respiratory system tenfold.

Lu

spike

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
London, UK
Agreed, I'm not quitting and never intended to - just changing the way I get the nicotine. But now, come to think of it, I don't miss the paraphernalia - ashtray, cigarettes, lighter, cup of coffee, book - major operation just moving from room to room - so irritating. And the humiliating experience in the cattle-pen at Heathrow (a fiercely air-conditioned open enclosure in the middle of the waiting areas) where the addicts were herded and the morally superior could watch them getting their fix - all orchestrated deliberately by BAA - never forgotten that, all gone now of course.

That said, I still smoke a couple in the morning with coffee and a few during the day when I feel like it. Otherwise, I have reduced my cigarette intake by around three-quarters, an unintended benefit. So I shall see where it leads me without pressure.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
As from last Monday, I've gone from 12-15 a day down to 4 or 5 - I NEED a lovely menthol analog before work, at lunch and straight after work! That said, I'm still looking for a menthol juice I love (second one is in the post right now), and with the right juice may just be able to kick the smokes - my other half would love that too. He's never smoked.

However, already, even on 4-5 gaspers a day, my sense of smell and breathing are improving, and my coughing has reduced massively. This should help with the altitude on the forthcoming visit to Lake Tahoe ;)

Oh, and it's saving cash on the gum I was always having to chew after a cig!

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Yeah, one issue with my sense of smell, and therefore taste, improving is I can make out the cool menthol goodness of my Richmonds more than ever before now! Oh lovely menthol.

My menthol crystals should be in the post, should no pre-mixed juice do the trick :thumb:

It's a bit of a shopping binge, this e-cig lark! Much more fun than the "10 Benson, please" of my early analog career.

CosmeticAndrea

Jan 7, 2009
Well Done Space Cadet for cutting down, keep up the good work.
My boyfriend occasionaly smokes like me too but cant unless he's sucking a Polo lol.
I might smoke some times but i cant stand the smell of ciggaret smoke from anyone else when I'm not.
Thankgod they've stoped smoking in clubs and pubs because I love wakeing up in the mornings with out that stale smell on my hair and clothes.
I must say thought that when I've got to trail all the way outside in the freezing weather it p****s me off, but thats just makes me somke even less which is what it's all about. :)

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Space cadet,
Same exact story as mine and I mean exact , except for the trip to Tahoe LOL....
Let me know if you find the perfect menthol ! Salem slim lights are my weakness ...
Totally Wicked is just about there, I'm loving it so far. Been vaping it all weekend, and even after many beers I barely smoked! In fact, walking between bars in bad weather, it's far easier to pull on an Evo than try lighting up!

My man is quite pleased, he noted that whereas I'd normally leave a non-smoking hotel room every 45 mins for a cig, I managed nearly 3 hours of pre-dinner chilling on Saturday just having the odd vape.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Thats pretty good bluewolf, is that 20 in a pack?

Thats a lot!

:thumb:

Yep briitts, you don't go in a store here and ask for 20 marlboro, they look at you kinda funny 8-o. Made that mistake the first time i ever visited the US. The guy said "you want two cartons??"

On the main subject here, i wasn't intending on quitting, i just did because it seems so easy to not smoke!! Not that i haven't wanted an analog here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread