Cyber week Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunterr2001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beaver, Pa
If this sale would have opened at 8am EST, a lot of the west coasters would be crying that they missed it..Unfortunately I am on the east coast and by the time I get home from work every day, the site is down. I had my wife try to order my juice today but she just wasn't fast enough.. I am one disappointed AVE customer tonight..

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
I've been an avejuice customer for a long time and to all you who are in pain, I get it. I work nights on the East coast(3 hrs difference) so this sale was simply out of my reach because at 11am est (avejuice.com start time) I'm sound asleep in dreamland. I did set my alarm for....stupid me....12:30est(1.5hrs after site opening) today....guess that was a losing proposition.

It's bittersweet....I'm happy Avejuice is doing so well but it looks like I'm going to have to become the East coast distributor of Boba's Bounty in order to get some.

All the Best Porphy and YOU ROCK!

A thought for Porphy and Avejuice.com....perhaps during the next sale you could stagger availability time...you know....for your East Coast Bruthas....wink wink!

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Thanks for the kind words Drumonron. We are steadily growing our order capacity. It takes awhile since our ability to fill orders only get a real growth boost when we hire on a new employee. I'm all for this, however, finding an employee is increasingly difficult, and no it's not that we aren't offering a good wage for the work. We do have some per-requisites that make it tougher (must be fine with handling nicotine with protective gear, must not smell like cigarette smoke at any time, must be over 18)

Aside from that its all about availability and performance, those are the kickers. We just aren't getting the right applicants or the people are disinterested in the work.

We just hired a new guy and, from what I can see, he's going to work out. I have another two coming soon (one applicant we are waiting to finish coursework, the other has yet to be vetted) so, long story a bit longer; we are growing but slowly and effectively.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I decided it was better to order Thursday and pay $.65 extra for 30ml than risk a last-day order. I've only been vaping for three weeks, and have never bought from AVE before, but it seemed like a gamble to wait based on this statement on their site: "Don't wait too long though, you might miss the sale or find your item isn't available."

I wish all these companies were able to handle any number of orders in any given period, but then they would be creating different (and probably less interesting) and perhaps lower-quality products. It's like the difference between small-batch craft beers and Budweiser. Alien Visions (or Ahlusion or Heather's) has limited staff, time and materials. If they continue being successful, it will probably get easier to get everything you want whenever you want. But this is where they are now. Do you think it would be better to take a thousand orders a day and deliver in five weeks? I think they're honestly trying to walk a line between maintaining quality and reasonable delivery time, and selling to as many people as they can.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Howdy folks! We did indeed open and close. The sale is officially over. During our open period we fielded over 470 orders, so we had good reason to take them down early as our order capacity is usually 300 for now.

For those that don't understand, this is pic will give you an idea of how the orders come in. This is a time range between 7:59 and 8:00am PST (our website is still on CST so you'll see the hours displayed as 9:59 and 10:00), this is a bit misleading as it is about 30 seconds worth of orders, but to show a full minute I would have to do some editing (too many screenshots to compile and stack):

View attachment 155770

At that rate (which occurs only during big sales) we won't be able to stay open long. Even if we quadruple our order capacity we would still have to close within an hour or so. This is why we had an increasing discount each day, rather than one day of this particular discount.

EDIT: that pic is hard to read, here is a better link: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/Zoloro/OneMinute.jpg

I HAVE a question... Especially since my number should be on this list being I was 36638 which doesn't even appear.. I filled out the order form perfectly and got one email confirming..
Payment verification will come in another e-mail. Both are generated at the same time so if you have only received this e-mail you will want to resubmit your order.
So my order didn't go through? All day My order was listed in my account and then just now I noticed it wasn't there.. GONE, POOF! I emailed and asked but I imagine you're busy so I'll ask here..

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
I decided it was better to order Thursday and pay $.65 extra for 30ml than risk a last-day order. I've only been vaping for three weeks, and have never bought from AVE before, but it seemed like a gamble to wait based on this statement on their site: "Don't wait too long though, you might miss the sale or find your item isn't available."

I wish all these companies were able to handle any number of orders in any given period, but then they would be creating different (and probably less interesting) and perhaps lower-quality products. It's like the difference between small-batch craft beers and Budweiser. Alien Visions (or Ahlusion or Heather's) has limited staff, time and materials. If they continue being successful, it will probably get easier to get everything you want whenever you want. But this is where they are now. Do you think it would be better to take a thousand orders a day and deliver in five weeks? I think they're honestly trying to walk a line between maintaining quality and reasonable delivery time, and selling to as many people as they can.

This!!! Some people are acting like today was the only day of the sale! I hope the negative comments don't discourage AVE from having any more sales in the future

This cyber week sale was one of the best sales ever, I am very grateful for this sale since it gave me that extra push to finally try all these e-liquids. Now AVE has a new customer, so thank you for this sale and I hope you can do more to come.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Your order made it to the payment details but did not go through to confirmation (charging the card). You will get an undeniable "success" page and a payment verification e-mail.

I HAVE a question... Especially since my number should be on this list being I was 36638 which doesn't even appear.. I filled out the order form perfectly and got one email confirming..

So my order didn't go through? All day My order was listed in my account and then just now I noticed it wasn't there.. GONE, POOF! I emailed and asked but I imagine you're busy so I'll ask here..

AndyInOC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
So Cal
I was late even finding out about the sale, saw it wed when i visited the site and so i created an account in hopes of ordering thu. I figured I got lucky yesterday when my order went through and am quite happy to have a bottle of bobas on the way to me now. If I remember correctly the site was open and taking orders still at 9 - 10am yesterday sooooooo how hard was it really? With the technology most of us carry in our pockets on a daily basis I don't see how it could have been so difficult (I placed the order from my phone's browser)

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
I kept checking the site once I saw the sale going on this week, never gotten to order yet. On Thursday I was waiting for opening time and was able to push an order through of Boba's Bounty. I was afraid if I waited until Friday's sale I might miss it so took the opportunity Thursday to place a small order. This morning I hopped on the site again and grabbed a few more things, threw'em in the cart and lucky me...got to order again. I'm so excited to try this juice!! I was ready and waiting when the store opened because I've never been able to order til this week. Thanks for the great sale AVE!!

Dmegs

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Texas
I placed my order on Thursday as well. I'm not much of a gambler-I knew by Friday I would either have trouble checking out fast enough or the Bobas would be sold out! The 35% discount + free shipping was an awesome deal and very generous of Alien Vision I might add! I'd like to say Thanks for all your hard work to the Ave team! Quality and consistantly great juice is more important than mass production!

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I placed my order on Thursday as well. I'm not much of a gambler-I knew by Friday I would either have trouble checking out fast enough or the Bobas would be sold out! The 35% discount + free shipping was an awesome deal and very generous of Alien Vision I might add! I'd like to say Thanks for all your hard work to the Ave team! Quality and consistantly great juice is more important than mass production!

I did the same and agree with this post 100%.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The fine products at Alien Visions are available everyday, at a fair price.

No vendor "owes" their customers a "sale". They do it to be nice.

When's the last time you went to work and offered your labor, time, and expertise "on sale"? :) (don't answer that, I can already hear the jokes starting. :))

You know what I'm thinking? I think the gals on ECF will understand what I'm sayin' here......I think most of the people complaining are male. Why? Cuz as a woman, I've been to plenty of sales.....bloomingdales and designer sales and what not, and I can tell you, we show up, with cash, and are ready to get what we can get if there is a sale, and we understand that we might not get what we came to get....cuz it will be gone or taken and that's just the way SALES are.

So for me, being a gal, SALES have always just been about *getting lucky*. There's a certain amount of being in the right time, at the right place, you know, timing and position. :)

And believe me, I've missed out on some good stuff, many many times. So, eventually had to just buy it at full price. Getting something you really really want, at a sale, is called "lucking out!" Not something you EXPECT.

JMHO.

restatelady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Florida
Well, I went on Wed. The way the sale was set up I was able to calculate the risk of waiting to how bad I wanted/needed my AVE juice. My deciding factor for a Wed purchase was that I was down on my supply and would run out if I missed the sale completely. I wanted to take advantage of some kind of savings but didn't want to get stuck on the idea that I would wait and "hope" for a Friday purchase given the fact that I knew competition at that point would be considerable. I loved the way the sale was set up and think it was brilliant. I know there are a lot of angry people but they were given the information and made the decision based on what they wanted to risk. Those that waited for the Friday purchase made a decision for "all" or "none". For those that made their purchase. Congratulations to them. For those that lost. Sorry, but you played that card and it certainly is not AVE's fault that you lost your bet.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I hope you have this kind of sale again, soon. Payday for me was today, but I should have realized what was going to happen :). Thank you for the sale, even if I didn't get to order anything. As other people have stated here, you are not beholden to us to have a sale, or to give us discounts, so thank you very much.

Ben, I hope you're feeling better and made a full recovery.

Now, as soon as you are open again, I'm going to order what I was going to order today :D.

SirTimmyTimbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
To me it looked like every other shop, we have our stock and if we sell everything it would be unavailable (totally logical)... but I am not able to understand that message in a way that I should not wait too long because thay are running out of stock every night during the sale.

I hope that I made thing more clear, because it is important for me to understand me right and not as a guy who is bored with his life so he goes from vendor to vendor and talk bad about them.

If they wrote "We have limited production, our products go out of stock very fast so be prepared to shop fast or you'll miss them" I would know exactly what to expect and what should i do.

To put it all in one sentence for the end - as a new buyer who is eager to buy the product that everyone is praising, who doesn't know how the shop works, who for the first time in his life is dealing with this kind of doing bussiness (instead of regular on-line order shop has opening time and closes after certain amount of orders) and not so clear disclaimer, it is normal not to be prepared for this and to be dissapointed with the final result of unsuccessful purchase.

So you knew this is in demand already and so you should have guessed how the demand would skyrocket with a 40% discount. Vaping is still a niche hobby that requires a lot of research. Always, always research the product and it's manufacturer before you consider buying it.

Here's a quote on this thread from another new vaper:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread