Cyclone AFC weakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishUpstart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
River Falls, WI, USA
Hi all...hope someone can help me out. One of my Cyclone AFCs seems to be getting weaker and weaker regardless of build and mod/battery it's used on. Its like its only getting a portion of the power. The 510 threads are cleaned with alcohol but beyond that, im not sure what other maintenance I can do about it. One thing I did notice is that the connector pin seems to be screwed in more than my other one....in that I had have to adjust the center pin on mod if I swap the cyclones around.

And suggestions or tips/tricks to get it back to where it once was?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Hi all...hope someone can help me out. One of my Cyclone AFCs seems to be getting weaker and weaker regardless of build and mod/battery it's used on. Its like its only getting a portion of the power. The 510 threads are cleaned with alcohol but beyond that, im not sure what other maintenance I can do about it. One thing I did notice is that the connector pin seems to be screwed in more than my other one....in that I had have to adjust the center pin on mod if I swap the cyclones around.

And suggestions or tips/tricks to get it back to where it once was?
Try soaking it overnight in isopropyl alcohol overnight. Juice may have settled in the post holes in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread