Dad-gummit! Where's that Atty-ohms list??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
I've seen a posting from one of the techy-modders here that includes a listing of different atomizer models with measured resistance readings for each. :)

I know damn well I've seen it before! I think I've even run across it more than once! -- So now that I really wanna' refer to it.... I figgered I'd hunt it down again using the forum's 'search' tools etc. No problem!:p

But after spending AT LEAST the last 40 minutes or so... (using every &#!*$!@ combination of keywords....and every other trick I can think of..) I STILL CAN'T SEEM TO RE-LOCATE that posting!!:confused:

ARRRRrrrrgggggghhhhh!! :-x

Would someone p*l*e*a*s*e have mercy on this old pitiful numbskull and provide even just a CLUE... as to where that silly posting is HIDING ?? 8-o

fisch:(

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
I hear you, but you might be the perfect person to ask then. I am new to vaping, have a SB, and I was wondering, all of the "high voltage" Attys that have different resistance, well what do they really do for you, and what is the advantage and disadvantage to them?
I of course would assume that a higher resistance is going to get hotter faster, but also cost you battery life correct? They also say that they take off so many volts from the source, so that would mean that it would increase battery life, and drop the voltage down, and make for a cooler vape right?
I might be all mixed up on this, I am not sure if the resistance is due to the atty it's self or a resistor in line with a choke?
Thanks

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I hear you, but you might be the perfect person to ask then. I am new to vaping, have a SB, and I was wondering, all of the "high voltage" Attys that have different resistance, well what do they really do for you, and what is the advantage and disadvantage to them?
I of course would assume that a higher resistance is going to get hotter faster, but also cost you battery life correct? They also say that they take off so many volts from the source, so that would mean that it would increase battery life, and drop the voltage down, and make for a cooler vape right?
I might be all mixed up on this, I am not sure if the resistance is due to the atty it's self or a resistor in line with a choke?
Thanks
I had been confused about that myself, skydvejam, so I started looking into it. Take a look at nerf's and my answers to Drozd's HV atties..voltage vs resistance question.

Now FizzleFisch and I are trying to find out the resistance of each atty (not just the HVs). Seems to be a deep, dark secret.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread