• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve always kind of like this one. It has a bit ive seen messed with though. Some people seem to believe that winning souls indicates or worse creates wisdom, so the attempt is to win souls by whatever means. Really abusive cult type groups like to use this one to increase their ranks.

It can also be taken in the opposite way though: by achieving wisdom one tends to win souls. “Walk the walk” so to speak. This is the one I have always thought is what was meant. Language in translation has problems and ancient Hebrew was always a bit variably vague. Even English can be so and it has multiple times the number of words ancient Hebrew did.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 5:3-6
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Isaiah 32:17-18
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Psalm 112:4-6
Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion. Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread