• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 25:40 (KJV)
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
– Philippians 2:5-8

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
John 4:14 (KJV)
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
– Nehemiah 8:10

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Bill I've been a student of the Bible for over 24 years this month and I don't every remember reading Nehemiah 8:10 before "send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord." though I might have but don't remember and now I have knowledge and understanding but I lack Wisdom.

I ask God for Wisdom.

James
    5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
    6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
    7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
    8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

THANKS BILL or do you prefer to be called Ezra

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 5:9 (KJV)
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
    – Isaiah 49:25

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Revelation 12:9 (KJV)
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
    – Philippians 3:20-21

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I looked up vile OH BOY...

adjective: vile; comparative adjective: viler; superlative adjective: vilest

extremely unpleasant. "he has a vile temper"

synonyms: foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; More

IMO: God created our bodies and we were made perfect in the beginning because God said it was GOOD, so I conclude that because of sin entered man in the garden our bodies became vile. Thus man has a standard to measure himself by which is God.:)

Edit in

In KJV it say LOWLY BODY

Look it up and it say's lowly
    adjective: lowly; comparative adjective: lowlier; superlative adjective: lowliest

1. low in status or importance; humble.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Matthew 25:40 (KJV)
    "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    – Philippians 2:5-8

'Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:' This is one of those sentences in Scripture that jumps right off of the page! I have checked different Bible versions to get the full meaning of verse 6. WHAT???!!!! I am reading conflicting definitions and I am 'confruzzed!' :confused: Jimminy Crickets! Will someone explain verse 6 to me? Now I know what I've already read, but am interested in a different viewpoint on it......pretty please with molasses on it???? (Yuck....I hate molasses....except in gingersnap cookies! :) )

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    John 4:14 (KJV)
    But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
    – Nehemiah 8:10

You can look at John 4:14 in 2 different ways......'well of water springing up into everlasting life' can be sharing Jesus' water with others to the Glory of God, and #2, can mean Jesus' water for just one's self. I personally like the 1st one over the 2nd one, as we need to share the water with everyone, and then they share the water, etc.

Nehemiah 8:10 - Man, there it is in black and white!!! It's okay to eat fat and drink sweet without worrying about cholesterol or triglyerides!!!!!! :w00t:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    James 2:10 (KJV)
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.
    – Psalm 71:3-5

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 16:24 (KJV)
    Then said Jesus unto his disciples, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
    – John 16:23-24

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Matthew 16:24 (KJV)
    Then said Jesus unto his disciples, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
    – John 16:23-24

I heard a story from either my pastor or on a Christian channel. Can't remember which one.

There was a man who was barely able to carry this cross into a room full of crosses and Jesus was standing there. Jesus said, "What can I do for you, my child?" The man answered, "I just can't carry this cross anymore and was wondering if I could trade it in for another." Jesus replied, "Of course you can. Look around the room and choose another." Well, the man looked at each and every cross in the room, different sizes and his eye landed on this tiny cross, which was the smallest cross in there. The man said, "I want that one, please." Jesus smiled and said, "That is the cross you walked in with."

That just stands alone. I can't add a thing. :)

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Mark 9:43 (KJV)
    And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched.

Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
    – Exodus 15:1-2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread