Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yhea, they're good at doing that. My smoke alarm is in my hallway and when pottering about vaping I managed to set it off, not fun.
On the bright side I guess it means they work though. That which does not kill us makes us stronger even it does occasionally provoke the occasional undies check

Reactions: Mordacai

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Haven't done it with vaping ... but OMG when the house was rewired and I was stiil smoking my pipe, I couldn't darn well light up in the kitchen nor the hallway without waking up all the neighbours in our block .... mind you as most of them still smoked the place sounded like bedlam until we all took the batteries out of the accursed things!

I know I know - back in the naughty corner for Old G!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Gave your heart a good workout! I shouldn't laugh but hell, some things you just Have to laugh at-when they happen to someone else. I'd say I'm sorry it happened but we all know I'd be lying :lol:
As the old saying goes tragedy plus time equals comedy. Comedy timer this time was about a minute, which has long since passed.

Reactions: Anise

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dude, you should be checking all your fire alarms on a regular basis. Most have a test button, for well... testing.
Oh they get tested alright. The fire department guy comes by every year and makes me check both the function and date of manufacture for each and every one. (I think I’ve got something over a dozen. Not sure. I’d have to count em) Things are only good for ten years.

That particular one was “officially” tested about 3 weeks ago.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I set off one fire alarm once with a single, well placed MTL puff. It was right above the thermostat, which I was investigating.

The thing that burned me up a bit was like, we have 11ty jillion smoke alarms in our house (FHA thing) and NONE of them worked during the fire. Only the one original to the house worked.

It's potentially possible the husband reported that and the smoke alarms were changed. But if not, I was a bit miffed about it.

I just change out ALL the alarms when I get my first "Beep-- beeep---beep," I figure like why not? The batteries are all about the same age.

I think we test ours periodically now but a housefire will like, do that to you. We never really fully settled back in.

Anna

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Our home has the smoke alarms wired together. If one trips they all sing! Now, guess which one caused the symphony?? Let's run around with a step-stool to mash the reset button in them all until the offender is identified. Now, I need another cloud... Repeat process if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread