The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dang!! Broke my new to me Grand within an hour.

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by gimmieshelter31, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gimmieshelter31

gimmieshelter31 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    Yahoo!! Received my new to me REO Grand today from a trade in the classies (thanks BrianV). Everything was fine until I decided to take it apart for a thorough cleaning. It was clean when I got it but I just like to know everything is clean, sanded, noaloxed etc. from the get before judging performance.

My issue occurred when reassembling the 510 connection and attaching the female part that the tubing slips on. Overtightened, sheared the threads on the centerpin into the female thingy and now I'm bummed out, feeling like an idiot and awaiting a reply from Robert :). Lesson learned. Easy when tightening.

Fortunately I have other mods to use for now. Can't wait to get this Grand back up and running.

Anyhow, looking forward to joining you all for some further conversation and REO love.

2. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Somewhere out there
    Welcome bro. That makes twice in one day that I hear Spicoli's voice saying "awwww dude, that sucks".

3. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2010
    Bow, WA, USA
    Welcome, gimmieshelter31 :)
    That's rough...I'm sorry that happened, but it will be fixed in no time. When you send it back to Rob, be sure to include a note with your name, phone number, email address, return address and a mention of what needs to be repaired. Make sure the batteries are out and your juice bottle is either out or empty of juice. You can send it to him at:
    Reosmods, LLC
    120 Ida Jim Rd
    Alfred, ME 04002.

4. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

So very sorry to hear this!

A routine cleaning does not include taking apart the connector. That should only be done if you are rebuilding the REO. The tubing and cap can stay on, the delrin cover can stay on during cleaning. In fact the screw in that cover connects in a hole in the REO. It is very easy to over tighten and strip since there is nothing but aluminum as its base.

Once you get parts from Robert, or send it to him to fix, it will be just like new.

5. gimmieshelter31

gimmieshelter31 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    Yes, I found out how easy the pin is to strip :).
    I'll be ordering parts as I'm confident I won't be over tightening next time. I'll post a pic when I get her running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.