dangers of high nicotine dose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any dangers of it? Someone, somewhere, somebody has a bottle, and that person is bound to drip pure juice (I've never heard or read of anyone doing so as far as i know so). If it hasn't happened yet. It will eventually happen. Some people are that stupid, or a mistake will be made. Does the nicotine bond to the glycerin base which delivers it or is the nicotine juice itself capable of vaporizing via standard atomizer.

What is the median lethal dose for nicotine?

I currently vape 1.8% (.... knows what that is in in mg/ml), before that my vaping hovered around 11-36mg (before i bought the njoys 1.8% i was on 24mg before the mega atomizer built up too much carbon)

Also, what's the absolute best way to clear carbon buildup?

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I smoke 16mg juice, and IF i go through 2 ml's a day that is 32MG of nic. Not entirely sure how much our bodies absorb of that amount but i really doubt its the full 32MG. Consider that there are a lot of people out there that vape 24MG and go through 3-6ML a day. I dont think vaping 100MG nic would be deadly as long as the person caught it quickly enough. Even if they had gone through a ML of it, it would most likely make them feel sick enough they'd stop and figure out what was wrong. I'm not a lab tester so i dont know exactly what these numbers here but read this for more information.
Nicotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
I dont think vaping 100MG nic would be deadly as long as the person caught it quickly enough. Even if they had gone through a ML of it, it would most likely make them feel sick enough they'd stop and figure out what was wrong.

That's exactly what happened to me. I had my nic right next to my juice bottle, accidentally filled a cart with nic instead of mixed juice. first off I noticed the lack of flavor. It took only maybe 4 puffs and I decided to touch the cart filler to my tongue to check the taste. No taste but the peppery sting that the nic is known for.

At the most I felt like I'd drank too much coffee.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Ordered some 100mg/ml from a vendor, and it was mixed wrong. I mixed a bottle, and it just tasted horrible. So I mixed another, same thing, tasted real real bad. Had wifey taste it, and she said WTF. We both got crazy headaches, and heart was racing about 100 miles an hour. Didn't vape the rest of the day, lol.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
now that would be scary~!! Did you ever find out what it was that you got?? 200mg?

Ordered some 100mg/ml from a vendor, and it was mixed wrong. I mixed a bottle, and it just tasted horrible. So I mixed another, same thing, tasted real real bad. Had wifey taste it, and she said WTF. We both got crazy headaches, and heart was racing about 100 miles an hour. Didn't vape the rest of the day, lol.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Does the nicotine bond to the glycerin base which delivers it or is the nicotine juice itself capable of vaporizing via standard atomizer.

When you order nicotene from a supplier the highest you can get (that I know of) is 100mg/ml which is 10% nicotene in either PG or VG base, so it is already suspended in glycerin, not pure.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1.8% is usually called 18mg meaning 18mg per ml and that's a nice level. That is what I started on. Danger comes with concentrations above 48mg. especially the 100mg some DIY-ers use and even more dangerous is the pure nicotine which is effectively 1000mg per ml.

If you vape of a normal nic level like 18mg too much you may get headache, lightheaded, just yucky feeling, rapid or irregular heartbeat, blood pressure problems

if you find yourself vaping a LOT, you could buy some lower nic for times when you do that.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
This is one reason I always keep my nic juice in the big bottles I buy it in, there's no way I could accidentally use it by itself. It makes it a pain to mix up bottles of my everyday vape that I mix in 30 mil bottles, but I'll never accidentally use it alone.

Amen to this post. I also store my 100MG nic juice in very distinctly different bottles then any other bottle i might use for my mixes. Same with my VG and PG, they are in brightly colored flip top cap bottles i get from the travel size section at walmart.
My nic storage bottles came from tasty vapor, the big cylinder with the bright blue caps...gotta lov'em. Course the main bulk of my nic remains in its cobalt blue bottle in the fridge, hiding in a sock.

lilbakes

May 4, 2011
Michigan
When you order nicotene from a supplier the highest you can get (that I know of) is 100mg/ml which is 10% nicotene in either PG or VG base, so it is already suspended in glycerin, not pure.
Saw a post on another forum the other day where some Chinese supplier was claiming to sell 99% pure nicotine liquid (990 mg/ml, but not suspended in PG or VG), as well as e-liquid ranging from 36 to 300 mg/ml. I'll see if I can find it again.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Saw a post on another forum the other day where some Chinese supplier was claiming to sell 99% pure nicotine liquid (990 mg/ml, but not suspended in PG or VG), as well as e-liquid ranging from 36 to 300 mg/ml. I'll see if I can find it again.

Remember the rules posted in the stickys above and don't post a link or try to get around the auto filter. You could get in trouble.

Many of us know it is possible to get and know enough to know that we don't have the equipment to handle it safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread