Dark horse builds with 26g

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnigmaX

Dec 16, 2014
No.
edgUX6q.jpg

Current build.
It's kind of out of shape. I tend to beat up my coils a lot.

CnC? What could help save this poor coil?

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I'm still learning the Dark Horse, and it's personality. I know it doesn't like what I normally build, which is 24ga, dual parallel wrapped to 0.14. The danged thing got so hot, it was hard to vape from. So I had to change up my game a bit. I'm running 3 strand twisted 4 wrap dual coil, and had to play around with the afc to get good vape without blowing it out. Flipped the afc and set the inner barrel to full windows. The afc is set to all three at half...and I'm finally getting decent cloud, and so-so flavor.

Next up will be 28ga 3 strand twisted dual parallel coils...I need that thick flavor that I'm getting with my normal build on a 28.5mm Tobh.

This is what I don't like about new gear...learning what works best for it. What works great on one RDA doesn't mean it will work well on another.

Sexy Syndra

Nov 30, 2014
USA
edgUX6q.jpg

Current build.
It's kind of out of shape. I tend to beat up my coils a lot.

CnC? What could help save this poor coil?

Put the same drill-bit/screwdriver you used to wrap it back through to straighten it out, then take it back out. Heat up the coil red hot, then push it together with a pair of pliers. I can keep my coils working like new for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread