The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dark horse builds with 26g

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by EnigmaX, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Full Member

Dec 16, 2014
    No.
    Currently running a 5 wrap dual parallel with 26g kanthal, pushed to center. Kind of underwhelming but not too bad.

Have 30a vtc4s and a paragon clone.

Any ideas on good cloud chaser builds with 26g?

Ohms out somewhere between .2-.3
    Was .2 flat before I centered coils

2. Necrotic

Necrotic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Tried twisting the 26 gauge? I've used twisted 26 gauge and about 8 wraps came to about .28 ohms. Twisted 2 strands nice and tight and made dual 2 mm coils. Right now I'm running twisted 28 gauge at 5 wraps which was about .35 ohms.

3. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    i use 24g and it runs at 0.19Ω.

This is a dual 26g i made today weighing in at about 0.38Ω - get it close to the airholes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T

4. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Full Member

Dec 16, 2014
    No.
    I tried twisted 28 on my mutation x but haven't on the dark horse. It was nice. (I used 4 strands of 28g wrapped like 5 times)

I'm really looking for the .1-.2 ohm range.
    Have you ever tried dual parallel twisted?

5. Necrotic

Necrotic Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I've not tried a twisted parallel. I might have to try that next time I rebuild. I know with the twisted I tend to get better flavor than just straight kanthal

6. EnigmaX

EnigmaX Full Member

Dec 16, 2014
    No.
    [​IMG]

Current build.
    It's kind of out of shape. I tend to beat up my coils a lot.

CnC? What could help save this poor coil?

7. Wern314

Wern314 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    I would try a dual parallel on 7/64 (2.78mm) ID with like 6 wraps. Should get you right at .2 ohms. Here's my current build right now. 24awg, 8 wraps on 7/64 ID at .36 ohms vaping it on my IPV3 atm. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Stringplucker

Stringplucker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2014
    Tarentum, PA, USA
    I'm still learning the Dark Horse, and it's personality. I know it doesn't like what I normally build, which is 24ga, dual parallel wrapped to 0.14. The danged thing got so hot, it was hard to vape from. So I had to change up my game a bit. I'm running 3 strand twisted 4 wrap dual coil, and had to play around with the afc to get good vape without blowing it out. Flipped the afc and set the inner barrel to full windows. The afc is set to all three at half...and I'm finally getting decent cloud, and so-so flavor.

Next up will be 28ga 3 strand twisted dual parallel coils...I need that thick flavor that I'm getting with my normal build on a 28.5mm Tobh.

This is what I don't like about new gear...learning what works best for it. What works great on one RDA doesn't mean it will work well on another.

9. Sexy Syndra

Sexy Syndra Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    USA
    Put the same drill-bit/screwdriver you used to wrap it back through to straighten it out, then take it back out. Heat up the coil red hot, then push it together with a pair of pliers. I can keep my coils working like new for months.

10. CloudChasing

CloudChasing Full Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Mary Esther FL
    Always use the same bit to straighten it out heat then use pliers to push em together, (as suggested above) but i slide votton through also to clean any gunk, always keep your coils vlean by constantly putting in new wicks

11. CloudChasing

CloudChasing Full Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Mary Esther FL
  12. Ivan Michalko

Ivan Michalko Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    canton, oh, usa
    image1 (2).jpg

this is my current build now to try it on my dark horse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.