The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Darn it, Maybe smoking wasn't that bad

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by rothenbj, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
  2. lryder71

lryder71 Full Member Verified Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Nd
    We hear daily that decisions can't be made on e-cigs as there needs to be more studies, yet there are studies done for the oddest things and on common sense topics.

3. Anybody

Anybody Full Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    The only reason they want more studies is because the multitude of studies that aren't junk science don't tell them what they want to hear.

4. KODIAK (TM)

KODIAK (TM) Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2014
    Dead Moose, AK
    I began an informal study on the affects of gravity on the pharmaceutical industry the other day.

Conclusion: If you drop a beer bottle on your bare foot it will hurt. I'll experiment further with different brands of brew. Once I'm published, my goal will be to divert the FDA from their current activities and instead look into regulating gravity.

Stand by.

5. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    [​IMG]

6. rothenbj

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    While you're expanding your study, include aluminum cans looking for a harm reduction alternative. While I believe you'll find similar results with unopened products, properly consumed contents should prove that the aluminum reduces risk to ones bare foot; enough, so in fact, that you may be able to enjoy the effects of the consumables from the aluminum where the enjoyment may be lost from the bottle.

7. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Probably so, but as you say, we need more studies. However my own harm reduction strategy is that there must be only non-alcoholic potables in said aluminum can, else I risk losing my mind via permanent black-out before ultimately dying of cirrhosis. A 13 yr study was done on this and I am sufficiently convinced. I am also watching my mother dying by inches from her own much-longer study of this, which adds to my own certainty.

Andria

8. Jeffk123

Jeffk123 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Denton, Tx
    This was a light hearted spin on things. Thanks for the chuckle guys :toast:

9. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Have a bad day at work, feeling down about your job, fight the traffic driving home, nuke som frozen junk for dinner because you're too tired for anything else....

Sounds like you'll be lucky to survive until morning, even without smoking....:vapor:

10. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Everytime I remember that I don't smoke anymore, I just giggle like a fiend and do this little hootchie-kootchie dance. :D :banana:

Over 3 months now! Longest time smoke-free EVER since I started smoking in 1975. Don't mind me, I'll be over here hootchie-kootchie'ing. :D

Take THAT, big bad tobacco! I need to go play The Who's "I'm Free" at volume 11. :D

Andria

11. KODIAK (TM)

Jan 31, 2014
    Dead Moose, AK
    Since I quit I feel like I'm "sticking it to the man" because I've hampered some politician's ability to extort about $7 from me each and every day. :D And of course because of that, here we are now in an FDA thread which is governed by the same politicians who insist I'm still using Tobacco. Go figure. :(

12. rothenbj

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Stock up, learn to mix and make your own mods. I resisted both until earlier this year when I started with liquid, then moved to a mech mod and building my own coils. I figure, whatever they try to do, I'll be good for years, particularly lowering my nic level to 6mg. There's so little nic in a 30ml bottle that I'll have years to avoid whatever they think they're throwing my way. I'm done with their silly games.

13. DrMA

DrMA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Seattle area
    Yep. I'm happy China started selling the sx350. Now we have a viable alternative to the gold standard of the DNA 30, coming from a jurisdiction who couldn't give a rats a** about the FDA and their rules.

14. KODIAK (TM)

Jan 31, 2014
    Dead Moose, AK
    I have so much DIY stuff on hand that if the "big one" comes there will be nothing left in this world except my supplies all being shared by vaping cockroaches.

Not worried about me my friend. More concerned about those who follow that may be denied the same opportunity we've had to lead healthier lives.

15. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    That's why I'm trying to grow fond of some fruit flavors, I hear they're a lot easier to DIY than a complex tobacco flavor like "Virginia" -- tried that, it was horrible, so I have to buy it pre-mixed. But this "blueberry muffin" i'm vaping at the moment is just... scrumptious. I don't know if I could make anything this good, but maybe i could do "blueberry."

Andria

16. rothenbj

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I agree DrMA, that's why I remain fighting for the cause. I'm good for life, but people I care about still haven't gotten it (not all, but some).

Andria, I haven't gone hard core in trying to mix various flavors, but there are currently quite a few vendors premixing for a flavor and there are web sites that have recipes to mix from. I downloaded a spread sheet that has 60 different recipes in it and I'm sure there are more around.

17. AndriaD

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Sure... but every vendor's "Virginia" is different... I've tried about half a dozen, and the only one that's any good is MyFreedomSmokes', though Hangsen's isn't too bad with a couple weeks steeping. The others ran the gamut from strange chemical taste to rotted celery (which is what the FA Virginia flavoring tastes and smells like).

Andria

18. rothenbj

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Can't help you with a cig flavor. In fact, since I'm 4 1/3 years off my last drag on one, I don't even remember how they taste. I have found tobacco flavors that I've mixed a fruit into that really tasted more like pipe tobacco that you could inhale. I rather liked that, however I really never tried to duplicate it in a DIY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.