Darwin and Ego-T atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I see that Happy Vaper is now offering the Darwin which is pretty cool. I might be interested in getting it, I've read that there's an adaptor that allows you to hook up anything to it, anyone know if you can use ego-t LR atties on it? I assume you can but I'm not spending that much money only to find out it won't work with my gear and have to send it back ;)

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
OK I found out that the ego-t atties are too big for the Darwin, they will fit but you can't close the arm beyond 90 degrees. They say the 510-t atties fit OK though so I've got something to work with now. They also say that forget the LR atties unless you're looking to fry them, they can't handle over 4 volts, which isn't surprising really and was one of the big things I was worried about. So I'll vape away with what I have for now as I'm not looking to throw away $100 worth of atties but when I need to get more hardware I definitely might get this thing along with some 510-t's.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey man!

First off, everything works on the Darwin, usually better then on whatever they were intended for lol.. I was in to see jack on the weekend, I believe he now has the 510-tank connectors in stock. The LR stuff does work, it's just a waste of the power range. I just tried a 1.5 LR 510, and at the lowest wattage setting it was pumping only 3.3v, so don't worry about popping them.

As far as closing the arm goes, just buy a goose neck extension, and you can do whatever you want! I've been rocking a 5ml map tank all week lol!

You can't go wrong wih the Darwin, they stand behind this product. The only thing better then Evolv's customer service is probably Jack's.

Good luck!

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Thanks man, so I'm a little confused with the connectors, I thought that it was a 510 native connection which would mean that you don't need one. I don't see any connectors for sale for this on Jack's site, I'd hate to order it and then find out I have to send away for something else :) As for the goose neck, where would I buy this?

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
The gooseneck is from totally twisted texas. Mine was made for me by a friend, but here's where to order new! IMHO this is the best thing ever for Darwin.
https://www.ttteliquids.com/Shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=28

As for the 510t stuff, I may be wrong, I thought you were originally talking about the big cone style threads, which he does have an adapter now. I'm not that familiar with it could you give me link to what your using? If it's no bigger then a normal carto, it should thread no problem, but I leave a 510-510 extender on pretty much always to protect the threads, so you may just want one of those.

The Darwin is a pricy gadget, but wow is it amazing.

And just FYI, I'm not an expert or anything lol, but I've had my Darwin now for a couple months and I'll try to help however i can!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread