Status
Not open for further replies.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
This has been one hell of a start to 2012. Started the new year with the stomach flu and tonight my daughter (22) got hit by a car. She was crossing a busy road (legally) with some friends, 2 lanes of traffic stopped, but the guy in the third lane did not see her and hit her. She was taken to the hospital and she has a pelvic fracture. I went to the scene of the accident because she had called me in hysterics, she had already been taken to the hospital. When i got there, they had her on a gurney in the hallway because they were so full. She told me how much her legs hurt and then she said "the first thing I did was check to make sure i still had my e cig." OMG! Anyway, they are keeping her for the night. They said that surgery will probably not be needed and it should heal on its own but she will be in pain for probably 2 months and on crutches for a long period of time. She has been staying with me and I have a split level house so its gonna be really fun for her to have to negotiate those stairs on crutches.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that any good thoughts, prayers, mojo or juju that you could send her way for a speedy recovery would be much much appreciated. Thank you!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Definitely good thoughts coming to you and your daughter from me.

Also, SUE THE .... OUT OF THE DRIVER! I don't understand why people are so nonchalant about driving and the dangers it poses. Suing him would definitely teach him a lesson, and one less dangerous driver on the roads is always a good thing.

2012 will get better, I promise!

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
so sorry dotma, my prayers are with you and yours, I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. Maybe the guy in the third lane didn't see her, but she was seen and protected by someone upstairs, believe that. I am so glad it was not more serious than it was. God Bless !

Thanks again everyone. I think she is always being watched because she likes to live on the edge!

Spaceballs, That is definitely going to be in the works. My daughter is still extremely angry about it -- I, on the other hand, dont really hold anything against the driver. I think it was an accident, pure and simple. He did stop and stayed until the police arrived and he has called the hospital and wanted to come visit her but she said no. From my point of view, the actions he has taken since the accident have shown me that he is a person of integrity and responsibility and I hold no hard feelings.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Said a prayer when I saw the title. I hope things work out well.

I personally had a fractured pelvis, cranium and C2-C3 vertebra (ejected from a car). Only lingering effects from the damage is a severed optic nerve. Miracles happen for a reason. We just wish we knew what the reason was. May your daughter's recovery be miraculous!

Good news on th PV, too! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread