David & EastMall Customers.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Oh no, I live in Nebraska, I didn't realize that I didn't have that on my profile, I will fix that. I apologize. I live in the panhandle of nebraska, in zone 4 (according to our normal highs and lows throughout the year). Dragon fruit cannot handle even a touch of frost (well, a small touch might just make it rot, it might survive, but not likely) so, it is not meant to grow in nebraska. But I grow it in the house, in a pot, climbing up a lamp-post. And the thing adapted so well that it doesn't like to get above 65-70 degrees anymore. I think it is phenomenal!

howard

May 11, 2009
New York
Oh no, I live in Nebraska, I didn't realize that I didn't have that on my profile, I will fix that. I apologize. I live in the panhandle of nebraska, in zone 4 (according to our normal highs and lows throughout the year). Dragon fruit cannot handle even a touch of frost (well, a small touch might just make it rot, it might survive, but not likely) so, it is not meant to grow in nebraska. But I grow it in the house, in a pot, climbing up a lamp-post. And the thing adapted so well that it doesn't like to get above 65-70 degrees anymore. I think it is phenomenal!

WOW! Dragon fruit in Nebraska!? That's really amazing. I thought they were plants that required tropical conditions. Perhaps I should try and do some indoor planting as well. Unfortunately for NY the weather is quite temperamental.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
SCUPPERNONG? Ok, now i'm curious!

Howard, no matter the weather...you have a thermostat right! our house is always between 65-70 (65ish in the winter, 70ish in the summer) I ought to take a pic! It really is nothing but a big long cactus now, because all of the sideways growths were taken off, he branched too soon. Now, I need him to branch, but I need to cut him to make him do it, and I don't wanna! LOL. His name is Fred, I bought it off of ebay! Yes, I named the plant...and no, I don't do that often, in fact, that's a first! LOL.

Surprisingly, that looks nummy GreySaber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread