• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daxia is in the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks...

I just wanted to let you all know that my wife, Daxia (Ruth) is in the hospital. She was rushed there by ambulance today after with complaints of shortness of breath, confusion and other symptoms. She has a long history of congestive heart failure (pulmonary edema). Sure enough, that's what it is. Unfortunately, she also has pneumonia and anemia. She has a hemoglobin of 6, which is pretty bad.

She is in the ICU tonight and will likely be in the hospital for a good chunk of this week. The prognosis is good, but she is still in serious condition. And, the treatment for this stuff can be dangerous for someone with her medical history.

I will keep y'all up to date.

Thank you folks.

I wish I had better news. Sadly, I do not. Tonight, Ruth is still in the hospital and is in very big trouble. She is in the ICU in very critical condition. She is in a drug-induced coma and is being treated with an incredibly powerful drug. It's an extreme measure, but it has to be taken. Her lungs have almost totally shut down and she is in acute renal failure. If this drug doesn't work, there is nowhere left to turn. The doctors say her chances are very poor. It will take a miracle. But, she has been known to make fools of doctors before. She is a fighter. She has beaten horrible odds in the past. I pray she can do it again.

I will let you know

Howard

Catwhisperer

ECF Veteran
I just saw this! I've been so busy I didn't even make the last ECF meeting. Howard, I'll be thinking of you and Ruth, I only met her once but found her to be very personable and charming. Hopefully your lack of updates is because she's doing better and you've been too busy to let us know.

Best wishes - Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread