Day 1 of no analog..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy this was tough and easy. After 26 years of smoking and trying to quit. These e-cigs only took 2 weeks and a patch for a day. Maybe I will patch up tomorrow if it get rough. But this kind of rough has been nothing to my old anxiety attacks and physical pain when I withdrew. I have so much comfort in knowing the e-cig is there for me. Deep breaths...I will succeed! I Can do this! I Will do this!

Does anyone have an opinion on wearing a nicotine patch at the same time you vape? Or did I just find a new way to kill myself faster?

Any help or thoughts would be great!

Megumi:confused:

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Hi Megumi
Do you have any high (24-36mg) liquid.
Maybe if you want to try it - you could substitute the patch for a higher nic level vape when you get a craving.
I discovered finding a flave I liked - and basically chain vaping a lower nic level with a vape here and there of higher level really helped.

Also I discovered that I really needed a consistant P/V
that powered up and delivered good flave/vape ongoing throughout the day.

3 weeks with a 901 and I was still smoking 2-4 fire sticks a day. .... and increasing slowly.
I picked up a Screwdriver (better battery system/longer life) and haven't had an .... log in almost a week.
(also made it so if I wanted one I had to walk to a neighbor's house where I stashed the tobacco)

I smoked for 30 years - and this is an amazing opportunity for me to CHOOSE not to light up. Best of luck in accomplishing whatever is your choice.

30 years of smoking
Vaporized by my Screwdriver!

You are the woman! You seem to really hit it on the mark, of what I need. This balance I am looking for is probably what you are suggesting. I have never tried a screwdriver, but I seem to be on my 510 and pen all day long. I just got a higher grape (24mg) about an hour ago in the mail. So other than I don't have a screwdriver, I will try your way. This day 2 is getting me ansy (sp?)! I don't want to fail now after getting over even a day of no smokes. Last night though (first night) I was up until 3 am. It was way too hard for me to even consider going to sleep without a smoke. But I guess I am still alive today, just jonesing! I even went to see if I could find an old .... outside! Scary! But I really appreciate your support, I seem to be looking for it everywhere. By the way any reccomendations on a screwdriver?

Megumi;-)

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
another thing I do...
I have always said I 'could' have another cigarette if I wanted one
Later - as in I can have one later.

Yes, I've had the can't sleep nights - I think it has to do with the other 'junk' in the fire sticks.

For me it's been almost a week - and I know how really crappy the last puffs tasted - and the dizzy headache. My P/V offers flavors and doesn't 'stink'.

Heck I went to church yesterday... I do occasionally - and even took a few puffs without anyone even noticing.

For me I also kinda see this as a way I can get my 'fix' without the bs from other people, without having to go outside, without a landlord getting ticked ANNNNDDD
dang - I just looked at my fingers (I rolled my own American Spirit) I don't see the yellow stains there anymore.
Win Win Win Win
I keep finding the best in what I can do - and thinking about that.

For each of us it's a step at a time - and whatever we want to accomplish with our P/V.

Human nature can keep us beating ourselves up
BUT if we continue to congratulate ourselves on any and all progress towards our goal
even if/when it's just 1 less .... log a day.... guilt cannot entice us to believe we are anything other than successful!:cool:

Blssssngs

30 years of smoking
Vaporized by my Screwdriver
!

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Congrats on making it this far! I used laziness to help me resist the analogs. I put the cigs in one place in the house, the lighter somewhere else, and the ashtrays somewhere else. To have one I had to get up and go 3 different places, or I could just pick up the PV right by my hand and puff on that for a while. Laziness for the win! :) That and thinking of it as switching brands helped. I think it also helped that I had to wait so long to order because we were short on money for a few months and I really wanted an e-cig and had to wait and wait while reading people rave about them here every day. Finally getting it was like Christmas and while I thought of cigs as a requirement to keep me from murderizing people, the e-cig is something I saved for to treat myself.

mellowdowneasy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
St Louis,Mo
If you want a cig, chain vape. Hot box it.Vape where you used to smoke. If you smoked outside the house then go out and vape.I figured out I missed the sittin outside with a smoke. Now I vape in my old smoke chair.

Put away all lighters, ashtrays, and those nasty analogs this is 2009!!!.

After 30+ yrs 3 weeks today no analogs. For me at least I dont look at it as a great accomplishment.I am still getting the nicotine.just in a way better way than before. If all my equipment dies overnight those analogs will be out of the closet.

Vapr_Life

Moved On
Jul 21, 2009
Newfane NY
www.vaprlife.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I'd say not to vape and patch at the same time because of the time delay with the patch and it will be difficult to gauge if you're getting too much nicotine until it's too late.

The gum wouldn't be so bad because the feedback is faster than the patch.

Overall though I'd just vape like a maniac until it passes. It's all nicotine in the end so if you vape+patch or vape+gum, you might has well just vape+vape some more to be honest.

Best of luck - the cravings do become easier as time goes on - honestly

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
If you want a cig, chain vape. Hot box it.Vape where you used to smoke. If you smoked outside the house then go out and vape.I figured out I missed the sittin outside with a smoke. Now I vape in my old smoke chair.

Put away all lighters, ashtrays, and those nasty analogs this is 2009!!!.

After 30+ yrs 3 weeks today no analogs. For me at least I dont look at it as a great accomplishment.I am still getting the nicotine.just in a way better way than before. If all my equipment dies overnight those analogs will be out of the closet.

For what it's worth, I was the first person I know to start vaping and felt a little self-consicious. So, the first week I smoked at work and vaped all night at home. I have a little area in the house where I smoke to centralize the smell and mess. After I week I showed up at work with my e-cig and never went back. Going those long hours at night let me know it really worked. 50/50. Then I cleaned up my filthy smoking area. Yea, it was not pretty. Cleaned out my glass ashtray spotlessly clean and it's been that way ever since.

I now have a little rubbermaid drawer organizers for all my stuff and my ashtray is still there. It's full of little bottles marked Butter Rum, Licorice, RY4, etc. I vape what I want, when I want.

Oh, and after you've stopped smoking for about a week or a month... PLEASE ask a friend if you can bum a cigarette. Good luck smoking the whole thing. Don't be surprise if you ask yourself "were they always this filty and nasty tasting." The answer is: yes. Who knew? WTF were we thinking all those years.

--Prof Daffy

Leita

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Texas Coast
Quick backstory: I first tried e-cigs a little over a year ago. It was physically huge to hold and made me cough. It got stored away after a few lame attempts and forgotten.

Present day: In May of this year, the husband and I were looking at lovely cottages to rent that were, of course, the absolutely non-smoking 'we'll charge you $250' variety. I ordered a micro brand e-cig to try.

It worked so well I put my analogs on top of the fridge and within a couple days I didn't want them anymore and didn't buy any more.

It was a funny thing, though. A couple days into being analog-free I found myself hankering for something that wasn't in the e-cig. I don't know what that chemical is, but for me, it does exist. Even though I wasn't planning on quitting, I wanted to keep going so I toughed it out.

After a few days, I tried a friend's analog and mercy, it was awful. I wound up coughing up a dozen lungs and haven't tried one as of June 6.

I didn't try to quit; it just happened.

I haven't had an analog since and don't want one. (Note: I did have to change e-cig models since I was chain-vaping and the model I was using couldn't stand my huffing and puffing).

The most curious thing I noted during this was why, if I initially liked e-cigs more than analogs, did I have withdrawals? I smoked lite analogs, switched to high (24 mg) e-cigs to the point I felt the nic. goofies and still felt those pangs of withdrawal.

Someone earlier in this thread noted that it's like changing brands. I agree. It really is, and I was a 30+ year two-pack a day smoker.

guero

Jul 22, 2009
Unbelievable how well my e-cig is working. Two days, have had a pack of smokes in my pocket the whole time and havent needed them. It took me a couple of days to get used to the e-cig, how to use it, and to try a few different liquids to get it right. First three days I had one smoke each day, and now for the last two days, nothing but vape. I really love it at work. So far so good. Got Camel e-liquid from e-smokey treats and red bull flavor too. red bull tastes like bubble gum and is too sweet for me, but the camel is perfect.

I blew it. I smoked. Panic attack, got a pack, smoked it all in one day! You guys are awesome though. I was so embarrased to get on here for the last 24 hours and say anything. But I didn't realized how much this forum helped me. So here I am back on both analogs and e-cigs. I will try again in the morning to start this over. Thanks for being there.

Megumi:cry::oops::mad:8-o:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:oops::mad::rolleyes:

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Don't beat yourself up Megumi! It's not easy and there is no shame in smoking again. Most of the folks here didn't go from cigs to PV's immediately. I only managed it by putting things where they were inconvenient and being too lazy to get up to get cigs if the PV was right beside me :). For once my inherent laziness actually helped my health. Do the Scarlet O'hara thing and remember that tomorrow is another day :).

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
I blew it. I smoked. Panic attack, got a pack, smoked it all in one day! You guys are awesome though. I was so embarrased to get on here for the last 24 hours and say anything. But I didn't realized how much this forum helped me. So here I am back on both analogs and e-cigs. I will try again in the morning to start this over. Thanks for being there. ...

You know, there were several times when the only thing that stopped me from having an analog was seeing my smoke-free counter banner in my sig. I just didn't want to reset it and waste all those days I didn't smoke already and start from zero. :) It is kind of stupid, but it did help. You'll get there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread