Day three of vaping, some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!
I am now on day three of vaping and amazed that i have gone this far with virtually no cravings! I have had no real withdrawals except feeling tired and not quite on this planet but i think that could just be my body detoxing.
I am vaping Dekang juice which tasted fine on my first day but now i cant taste anything at all. I have 4 clearomizers going with different flavors in each and am drinking tones of water but it is still not getting any better, do you guys have any suggestions on what more i can do.
Also I am getting a real dry mouth and water doesn't seem to be cutting it, any tips on this would be great.
Thanks guys. x

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Try adding some lemon or other citrus fruit to your water, sports drinks help some. The "no taste" is refered to as vapers tongue. About the only thing you can do is stay hydrated and wait it out. Your taste buds and sense of smell are starting to recover from smoking and shut down from sensory overload. They will come back soon.

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
First of all, congratulations on quitting --- or at least starting to.

Secondly, welcome to ECF.

Onto the main point:

I personally have never had a problem with dry mouth and I barely drink water in the first place. So I don't believe I'm of any help to comment personally, however I have had friends who find that just drinking water helps with the dry mouth. It sounds like it might be your nicquid that could be the culprit here. I've heard a lot of mixed information about Chinese nicquids such as Dekang.

Maybe I'm just biased as I'm an American, however I would not buy nicquid unless it was from Europe, Canada, or the US.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
Drink more water. If you're spitting feathers you definitely need more. More than you think I bet. Avoid things that dehydrate you. You might be experiencing vapors tongue if you want to look more into that. One thing I've found that helps is throw in a real different flavor to change it up. I always keep a menthol around just in case I need a little taste bud shocker.

I've had bad luck with dekang juice in that I think it's gross so maybe try some new juice too. Mt baker is a great vendor to try new types of flavors for not very much money.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Ah, Vaper's Tongue. Just grind through it, it will pass. You can try some things to see if it helps, like drinking water, as suggested, changing flavors, drink something strong, or eat something strong, like a coffee bean, or some lemon, you can sometimes "reset" your tongue that way (that's why they have cups or containers of coffee beans at wine tasting). Brush your teeth - I've gone from once a day to 3 times a day. Gargle with some mouthwash.

Your tongue was abused from years of smoking, it's going to be a little wonky from time to time as it recovers.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Water intake is crucial. Body needs ot fo flush out all that accumulated gunk from analogs. Body needs it also to offset the dryness caused by PG.

Vapers tongue - guess we all have to go through that. Depending on how much your sensory equipment has been clobbered with tobacco, it mighht take a while for taste/smell to return. Did experience the same as you did : After a week into vaping, it didn't make a difference to me. If I had the world's best liquid or some raw sewage, could hardly tell 'em apart. Got me into DIY liquids early on.

Have a care though, I don't know if this info is still up to date, but if it is, you might wanna look into the art of stealth vaping.

Electronic Cigarettes

CRspang

Jan 4, 2014
Lexington, SC
I'm certainty no expert but it could be possible that you're getting more nicotine than you were before with analogs. It happened to me. So far I've had no ill effects such as you've described save for too much nicotine causing a loopy/ill feeling. No extra thirst our dry mouth, quite the opposite actually. I'm using ego batts and protank minis.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Your sense of smell will come back shortly. Juices are mixed by non-smokers and they are lighter in flavor than smokers would like. As you recover, you will taste the subtle flavors much more intensely.

I use Lorann Oils flavorings to touch up Dekang Tobacco, which is a mild tobacco flavor that lends itself to the addition of flavor. Use it as a base and order some small bottles of Lorann's to spike the Dekang Tobacco. You can make juices that are great flavors and adjust them to you taste now and later.

Order only those that say "soluble in water". That means they are oil free. You don't want to vape oil based flavors.

I like Vanilla Butternut, English Toffee, Cotton Candy, and Key Lime. A small drop in a Protank (2.5ml size) is a good starting point. Adjust to your taste and modify as you recover from smoker's nose!

LorAnn Oils - Flavors, Candy Oils, Essential Oils & Supplies for Candy & Baking | Lorann Oils

bkkdaytrader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Thailand
Thanks so much for your tips guys!
I will give it all a try!
I am thinking of trying a different e juice vendor but im living in Thailand and im not sure who would ship all the way out here. also not too sure if my ego 4 is even legit after buying it here!

there are much better juices available in thailand--check out vapor-mist facebook pages--he can ems to phuket no problem

rj134

Jan 6, 2014
Cologne
Since you started just a few days let me go ahead and assume that you just got your kit and you're pretty excited about the whole thing so you are probably doing what all of us did in the beginning... vape a gallon of liquid a day ;) That's probably where your "vaper's tongue" is coming from. The taste will come back soon after you cut the vaping back to more "normal" levels.

If you're feeling dizzy you need to reduce your nicotine intake. It's easy to overdose on nicotine with ecigs because you can keep going nonstop, which you don't do with analogs unless you're a chainsmoking addict.
Get some 0mg liquids. You can vape on those all day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread