DCT smoketech tank 2 ohm cartos not working on EGo-T NOOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
The to do or not to do debate on 1.5 DCs with eGos is killing me. I do not have enough information either way to give an educated opinion on the topic but I would really love to know some facts about the eGo batteries. On ECF I frequently see folks saying DO NOT and the other half says DO. It's so frustrating! Does anyone know any hard facts on the battery specs on the eGo batteries? A C rating at minimum would at least get me pointed in the right direction. I have a 1.5ohm DCT that I wanted to at least try out but I am nervous about vaping it regularly. So far I have just used it for one tank full because I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
The debate over whether or not to use the DC cartos on an eGo stems from the PV having a tiny PCB and voltage regulation that may not have the capability to handle the increased amperage that the DCs require. Alot of people use them on eGos, none the less. There is a possibilty of the DC carto frying the PCB, but many have used them, myself included, without fail. My best friend uses his eGo with DC cartos only. He has been using them for months without a fried eGo. This proves to me that you're safe to use the DCs on the eGo. Be aware that it could cause a problem, but it's unlikely, given the number of people who use them together without fail.
The to do or not to do debate on 1.5 DCs with eGos is killing me. I do not have enough information either way to give an educated opinion on the topic but I would really love to know some facts about the eGo batteries. On ECF I frequently see folks saying DO NOT and the other half says DO. It's so frustrating! Does anyone know any hard facts on the battery specs on the eGo batteries? A C rating at minimum would at least get me pointed in the right direction. I have a 1.5ohm DCT that I wanted to at least try out but I am nervous about vaping it regularly. So far I have just used it for one tank full because I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
The debate over whether or not to use the DC cartos on an eGo stems from the PV having a tiny PCB and voltage regulation that may not have the capability to handle the increased amperage that the DCs require. Alot of people use them on eGos, none the less. There is a possibilty of the DC carto frying the PCB, but many have used them, myself included, without fail. My best friend uses his eGo with DC cartos only. He has been using them for months without a fried eGo. This proves to me that you're safe to use the DCs on the eGo. Be aware that it could cause a problem, but it's unlikely, given the number of people who use them together without fail.

Thanks for the input. Is there any evidence or accounts anywhere of a catastrophic failure being attributed to their use?

romaniac

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Las Vegas, USA
www.jazzcartopipe.com
I'm using dual coil 2 ohm cartos on 3.5ml tanks from smoketech with my EGo-T . They worked great the first 3 weeks now none of them work. I've tried 3. Do I need a different voltage to make them work? What am I doing wrong? I draw on it but nothing comes out. I'm using 75%PG 25%VG mix. Thanks.

Try the single coil 1.7 ohm cartos from smoktech

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Big fan of these smoktech DCTanks and 1.5ohm dc carto's. Ordered some dc carto's from smokeyvapor.net this past fri. and received them on monday--made it from oregon to philly that fast... also haven't seen a better price at $1.89 a piece:Smoktech 1.5ohm Tank Cartomizer (Single). Also, shipping is free with a $10 or more order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread