De-Knurled and Polished AGA-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
This is the most awesome thing... I thought the knurling looked a bit... cheap and I love my AGA T and had already posted my minor hardware upgrades here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ms/358211-aga-t-upgraded-finger-friendly.html

Thanks to Bad-Habit for posting this and SO69 for the drill pictures, I used an old 510 atty to hold mine in the chuck. I only had up to 220 grit but didn't mind the Satin/brushed finish, here's how mine came out!
IMG_0644.jpg IMG_0655.jpg

and an inner detail:

IMG_0633.jpg IMG_0642.jpg

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Only with PV gear have I ever received a brand new item to modify it immediately haha

My AGA-T should be here next week and at first I wasn't sure about removing the knurls but I must say this thread has inspired me.

Need to get on ordering a IBT replacement tank and maybe see if they'll paint 'er up for me.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I am sad that the AGA W has a threaded tube... the next revision of the AGA T due January looks awesome though, all smooth, oring top, etc!

No m8 it used to be the classic Aga T before!
You 've done a nice job with yours too! Isn't it great without all this knurling on it?
The new version, the AGA W is all polised and without threading in the top cup!

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
No m8 it used to be the classic Aga T before!
You 've done a nice job with yours too! Isn't it great without all this knurling on it?
The new version, the AGA W is all polised and without threading in the top cup!

As Arvidx pointed out, the only problem I see with it is the threading that is on the tank. No glass for that puppy!

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Yep. Just sand away. Work slowly & when you get close, switch to your finest grit to smooth off the bottom.

Just received my AGA-T today and loving it.

Though I do want to correct this airhole alignment issue.

I just need to sand away at the bottom of the cap until it sits in line right?

Will probably be deknurling it soon too. Just looks so much better.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
There is the V1.5 too or something, as the one i have doesn't really look like either.

It doesn't have that flange protruding from the top for the drip tip and the angles of the cap are different too. Nor does it have those flanges on the bottom.

I thought it was supposed to be a 'push-fit' cap using orings though? Am I still seeing some threads?

SO69

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Athens - GREECE
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread