Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Just wanted to let folks know that about a problem that I had with the included replacement screws for my Dead Rabbit rda. When I received the RDA the first thing I did was replace the slotted screws that were installed with the included hex screws. After a week of squonking bliss I decided to switch from dual coil to single and proceeded to remove my coils. When I attempted to tighten the two screws in for my new build they both stripped. I didn't apply any more pressure than I would for any other screw on a deck but they stripped.

I replaced all of the hex screws with the original slotted screws but I noticed that one of them is already showing signs of wear.

Other than the issue with the screws I love the Dead Rabbit. It performs well with dual or single coils and it is great for squonking.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I haven't replaced them. Rebuilt maybe 2-3 times and I haven't had any issues.

Will keep a look out though.

Hell, I could have just gotten a couple of bad screws. I love the way it vapes. I thought that Element Vape would send me some replacement screws but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Pardon my ignorance, but where does someone go to order replacement grub screws

Reactions: stols001

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
If you know the size you can order some through FT.

Don't contact Hellvape. They were more than happy to send me extra o rings (I'm obsessive with spares), but wanted $9 to ship them to me.

$9 for o rings!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are proud of their Made in China products aren't they?

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I would get some quality hex drivers that won't strip screws like the cheap, under sized hex keys included with most attys.
Whia, MIP/Thorp, and Hudy are good brands.
M1.5 and M1.3 are the most common sizes.

Many thanks for the advice. I'm going to order some as soon as I get done here

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I would get some quality hex drivers that won't strip screws like the cheap, under sized hex keys included with most attys.
Whia, MIP/Thorp, and Hudy are good brands.
M1.5 and M1.3 are the most common sizes.

Got a 5 piece set of Whias. Thanks again

Reactions: puffon

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Four days after Billy reached out to me about the stripped out screws on my Dead Rabbit I got this in the mail. Talk about taking care of the customer!

Q3RMFKnk6n2RNwObF2n2Ar9YAilad3Q_Lq_LdFJJPHx7mdaSllDAg2dlyMYPcN9kfIdc6wsZxojYfjPIEOARe9s3ug5joj4BOtsJkJDImxjvUm_3BAOkzXjG7g7MjJ3pUkqSVCI9rcBi7Aot6ANJ9-sIYSqdhJk1upSmpoqdvhIIoSQIPdMpjPB7nIwXmQfxusxnyNmokyjdpcD8gSsI97ohdk0ctMAgLtlZZxTa8fz3f9bQAPq1h30OM3vHx8avCduPqlT9pcsOcieqnggAgtbqtzr7LTyfvQvt3vXRcdRpJ1jhFP4sEVn599WP3NBKBMqz_5LXPqFIrB8gBk_TUAL2c6S2CYg4D5HeQPQN5DMXFqQvjp7ByFLM7_x2nQnIiAPyEj5y8h0sPRZZSDR21mX_vaVlZxWzY8hTkAQ7PKG2ug-BPzK2NV0rX7dMr-CBVRfXMekRK755mstItYE4tO9zhv5wYt1_Ldl_8PZZAzCuTC9amTbA4PR-uTX_o0MSnxr-eh3CkaBZoyW-MzIWBlwv_T5VpWJHZCWlwEj2UbE0rrOGO1bYbTbPGQQ8H3ujaKASKGtvsXxSg8WfM0rdrrN6re2vKnThNLPX=w742-h588-no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread