Deal Extreme Health E-cigar (ruyan vegas copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt look at the battery that was in the ruyan when i butchered it but i cant see why any 3v battery wouldnt do. Im sure a visit to maplins and a few quid later it could be ressurected to a good standard. The only problem is if i went to maplins i'd spend way too much for it to be economical. Gadgets n gizmos are my financial downfall.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
The non-rechargeable disposables you can pull the mouthpiece end off which reveals that big cartridge which does have filler which you can refill and acts the same dropping the liquid onto your atomiser as others do but once the batteries are dead you're done.

But Leaford demonstrates this on one of his videos which you'll find on this forum or you tube.

Thanks Ned -

I thought it might be the same as all the others... hopefully one of these days someone's gonna design an e-device with a decent refillable holding cartridge, filled with liquid alone (no filament) that is fed to the atomiser as and when it is needed.... any crazy inventors out there??!

PS. Leaford - great informative video - I think hollywood beckons!

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
I pulled the end off to repair the plug.
The battery is epoxied in.
It is not replaceable.
There was only hot glue on the head part on ruyan. You can just scrape it off with needle etc. Heating it to about 100C should melt it I guess. Then you can use Newton's first law of motion to get that battery out. In short, smack the cigar head down to a hard surface. Cigar case comes to a immediate stop but the battery moves forwards in the tube.

Anyway, it will probably take up to a month until I receive mine.

@smokindeuce:
Yes I'm playing with the idea myself.

Last edited:

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
Great!! Whack me on the waiting list!! It's about time someone slightly more local gave our chinese cousins a run for their money!!
diy_atom.jpg
Aint she a beaty?
How much would you be willing to pay for it?:D

It actually produces some vapor though I wouldn't inhale it because I had to use some not so heat resistant materials. Little funny aftertaste.. Except for mouthpieces, no other parts from e-cigs were used. I really need a liquid container that doesn't leak...

But seriously, building something like this small from scratch takes a fair amount of time and effort.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
we aint up to giving our chinese cousins a run for their money.. they are far to good at what they do.. i have gone as far as modifying chinese components to make a better e smoking device.. i could tell the chinese how to make a better one..

but no way would i try making one (that can be used) from scratch.. how the hell the chinese manage to make and sell them for the price they do amazes me..

trog

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
we aint up to giving our chinese cousins a run for their money.. they are far to good at what they do.. i have gone as far as modifying chinese components to make a better e smoking device.. i could tell the chinese how to make a better one..

but no way would i try making one (that can be used) from scratch.. how the hell the chinese manage to make and sell them for the price they do amazes me..

trog
Chinese companies are good at mass production and stealing others design ideas(rightfully or not). I doubt health does have any own serious R&D and I doubt neither do majority of chinese e-cig manufacturers. It isn't hard to guess why majority of chinese products are brandless...

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think its worse than having no R&D.. i think half the time they have no idea what the purpose of the thing they making is.. we want gizmos they make em for us..

all i know is no way on this planet can we compete with em at making gizmos.. he he.. folks have always said to me.. cheap chinese junk.. i have always replied.. if they can make so so products for twenty dollars.. for thirty dollars they could make the best ones on the planet..

if they wanted to that is.. they are learning about capitalism.. they think the americans want inexpensive (cheap) wally mart type products so thats what they make..

i dont mind cos for the first time in my life i can afford to buy loads of gizmos.. he he

it will destroy us in the end but there aint a lot i can do about that.. the world moves on..

trog

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Got mine a couple of days back. Not real impressed. Worked for a couple of minutes after charging, then nada. Back on the charger for another couple of hours. Half a dozen puffs and then the same thing. Pattern continued until today when it packed up altogether. To cap it all off the LED came off when I was disconnecting it from the lead. I have another one inbound (screwed up the DX order and double bought), and the way QC is with these things it may well be OK. I'll update when I get the other one...

Emp

PakaDay

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2008
Brisbane Australia
Got 3 of them 2 days ago and here's what I think.

Hated the taste so emptied the carts and replaced with my own brew. 36mg cut with flavoring and VG.
The carts hold about 5ml which is fantastic. All 3 worked straight out of the box no problems. All 3 charges work no problems there either. Amount of smoke produced is enough that on a good inhale I can NOT see the TV, awesome smoke production second to none. So impressed was my cigar smoking brother that he bought one off me and hasn't stopped smoking it either. Smoked them constantly and all going smoothly and smoke production has increased lol.

They look great they feel great and even when the paper gets wet it recovers nicely.

Would I recommend them? Hell yeah in a heartbeat, ordered 4 more in case they sell out :)

One little tip is that the atomizer punctures a hole in the new carts foil when you press it in. I found it smoked better when I completely removed ALL the foil. Make sure your liquid is not too runny for this or it may leak, mine does not. After you fill it just tip it upside down before you reinsert it to the cigar and check it doesn't leak out because I do not want to be responsible for your cart leaking and damaging you new cigar.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I am cause I am in cigar heaven i tell you :) smokinnnnnn

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Got 3 of them 2 days ago and here's what I think.

Hated the taste so emptied the carts and replaced with my own brew. 36mg cut with flavoring and VG.
The carts hold about 5ml which is fantastic. All 3 worked straight out of the box no problems. All 3 charges work no problems there either. Amount of smoke produced is enough that on a good inhale I can NOT see the TV, awesome smoke production second to none. So impressed was my cigar smoking brother that he bought one off me and hasn't stopped smoking it either. Smoked them constantly and all going smoothly and smoke production has increased lol.

They look great they feel great and even when the paper gets wet it recovers nicely.

Would I recommend them? Hell yeah in a heartbeat, ordered 4 more in case they sell out :)

One little tip is that the atomizer punctures a hole in the new carts foil when you press it in. I found it smoked better when I completely removed ALL the foil. Make sure your liquid is not too runny for this or it may leak, mine does not. After you fill it just tip it upside down before you reinsert it to the cigar and check it doesn't leak out because I do not want to be responsible for your cart leaking and damaging you new cigar.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I am cause I am in cigar heaven i tell you :) smokinnnnnn

nice one.. he he.. at the price i will order one on your recommendation..

whats the battery run time.. ???

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
thanks.. a cigar unlike a normal e cig is big enough to get decent size battery in.. i am just wondering what has been fitted in this one..

i have just ordered one to play with it will get dissected pretty quickly i recon.. he he

the charger seems to have a 1 amp rating which suggests a high-ish capacity battery.. assuming its a lithium .. it might be not be thow..

trog

Last edited:

threespeed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2008
Birmingham, uk
Hi to all on the forum.

noob who ordered the dealextreme cigar Saturday as my first e-cig.
So many questions? battery life, recharge time, draw, puffs per cart, ect.
How long did the free shipping take from time of ordering.

Also has anybody tried this yet sku.16050

I am a 15 a day golden virginia rollup smoker. aprox 10 puffs per cig.
Any advise for best suited budget devise and nic strength.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
or use it to clean your kitchen sink !

a good dose of liquid is a way of cleaning atomizers.. also for checking how old ones work.. i will probably find a use for it.. it might even get chucked in with some better more tasty stuff bit by bit..

i assume it will be low nicotine stuff whatever the taste..

i am mean by nature.. he he

trog

im wavering. emp says no, paka says yay, so whats your verdict mattty? you've had it the longest. still holding out?

Well ...... Ive ordered another one for when my first dies.

Ive been using mine every night since i got it, at home in the evening this has been my main device. (daytime i use my bling mostly but sometimes penstyle)

I think the liquid in the carts is an "each to their own" situation, i personally like it but not as much as genuine ruyan liquid. Every now and then i have taken the cart out and dripped in some 36mg hilton and some ry4 just for a bit of a different taste.

The performance of the cigar is yet to drop, vapour and flavour production are still pretty much as when it came and im now nearly finished the second cart that came with it. The life of the cart doesnt seem to be as long as the ruyan throwaway but i havent counted puff for puff.

Battery life is hard to tell cuz i use it for about 4 hours in an evening and then recharge the next morning ready for its next use.

The only problem ive got is the paper its rolled in is not that good and easily gets soggy with long smokin sessions. I Did pull it all off but i wont with next as my wife commented on its similarities to a certain type of adult toy for the ladies. :oops:

As i said when i first posted value for money is 10/10 unless like emp you get a dud. Quality of the "health" brand is at best questionable and so ive heard so is deal extremes customer service if you have a problem. Fingers crossed my second will also work perfectly. £12 well spent.:thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread