Deals on Ego Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
So..after hearing alot from people here..I'm consdering upgrading to an ego, and having my 510 as my back up..does anyone know any deals anywhere for a starter kit for one and from someone who's reliable and ships relatively fast..

Also..even if there aren't any deals, because where I've been lookin they all seem to be about $80, who's the best and quickest to ship?

Last edited:

Scucci

Jul 17, 2010
Nashville, TN
So..after hearing alot from people here..I'm consdering upgrading to an ego, and having my 510 as my back up..does anyone know any deals anywhere for a starter kit for one and from someone who's reliable and ships relatively fast

Tastyvapor.us has a pretty good deal on the Ego right now. $49.00

... I can't link here or anything else, but just trust me on that... (friggin' newbie rules)

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Who would you recommend? Cignot or Puresmoker? Puresmoker only has it in red, but cignot has got all the colors, I wanted to get a black and a platinum. The one on puresmoker says that the kit comes with a regular atomizer and a LR atty, which from what everyone says is a ton better. Does the one on cignot come with a LR atty?
I do not believe cignot's kit comes with a lr atty. Theirs do have really good Joye 510 atty's. You're gonna have to eventually buy attys as back up anyway, so I would not make that the deciding factor. I've never dealt with puresmoker but have only heard good things. I have dealt with cignot and found their customer service to be exceptional.

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
Well just ordered an eGo Starter kit from cignot with a black and platinum battery and some empty carts. On a side note, I've been cutting the filler in my carts in half to try and have them hold more liquid, but the filler gets stuck on the atomizer alot of the time, it was doing it alot more, when I was cutting more off, but it's still doing it enough now that it's getting on my nerves pretty bad. What's a better filler I can use? I've read some about the blue foam and a place you could order it pre-cut for carts, but cant find the post. Is that good for PG liquid? I just need something that will feed liquid into the atomizer better because I feel like I am wasting liquid topping off so much..

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Well just ordered an eGo Starter kit from cignot with a black and platinum battery and some empty carts. On a side note, I've been cutting the filler in my carts in half to try and have them hold more liquid, but the filler gets stuck on the atomizer alot of the time, it was doing it alot more, when I was cutting more off, but it's still doing it enough now that it's getting on my nerves pretty bad. What's a better filler I can use? I've read some about the blue foam and a place you could order it pre-cut for carts, but cant find the post. Is that good for PG liquid? I just need something that will feed liquid into the atomizer better because I feel like I am wasting liquid topping off so much..

I have not had any luck with polyfill no matter what I did. I started using marineland foam and have had great success with it. I found it works well with pg or vg and any pg/vg mix. I bought mine online and cut it myself. I know pet stores do sell it, but I couldn't find it at any of my local pet stores.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Yeah Im gonna go to my local petsmart and see if they have any, it's just marine foam? It doesn't have to be blue?
When I researched it, the one people seem to be using with succes was the marineland blue foam. i have heard people say they have used others and were successful too. I just wanted tried and true and went with marineland.
502926.jpg

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
cignots $69 kit is actually TWO eGos Joye eGo - so it works out at less than $35 per kit and free shipping.
eGos like all 510s are great for dripping btw :)

I'm confused about how you're using the term kit. All the eGo "kits" I've seen have 2 eGos(battery at least) in them, but some with only 1 cone as opposed to two. Whether it's the knockoffs, like at Tasty Vapor, or the genuine like at Cignot they come with at least 2 batteries and 2 atomizers., charger, maybe a few carts tossed in. And I've seen both the knockoffs and the genuine kits regularly on sale for $49 for the last couple of weeks at one place or another. Same with the 750maH Riva. Your comment about $35 per kit threw me since for a second I thought you were suggesting Cignot had two kits(i.e. 4 eGos total) for $69 which would be ridiculously cheap. Cignot is an outstanding vendor, and that's where I bought my 510, but $69 doesn't strike me as anything resembling a deal in the current buyer's market. Better than the manufacturer's suggested $78 they were asking, and can no longer realistically demand, but still nothing to write home about.

HexKrak

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix
I'm confused about how you're using the term kit. All the eGo "kits" I've seen have 2 eGos(battery at least) in them, but some with only 1 cone as opposed to two. Whether it's the knockoffs, like at Tasty Vapor, or the genuine like at Cignot they come with at least 2 batteries and 2 atomizers., charger, maybe a few carts tossed in. And I've seen both the knockoffs and the genuine kits regularly on sale for $49 for the last couple of weeks at one place or another. Same with the 750maH Riva. Your comment about $35 per kit threw me since for a second I thought you were suggesting Cignot had two kits(i.e. 4 eGos total) for $69 which would be ridiculously cheap. Cignot is an outstanding vendor, and that's where I bought my 510, but $69 doesn't strike me as anything resembling a deal in the current buyer's market. Better than the manufacturer's suggested $78 they were asking, and can no longer realistically demand, but still nothing to write home about.

What I noticed is that the cheaper kits usually only have 1 cone and 1 atty.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
What I noticed is that the cheaper kits usually only have 1 cone and 1 atty.

True, but if you aren't hung up on a "genuine" cone and atty, which I'm not sure why anyone would be, that's only worth maybe $8, and if you already have 510 gear laying around you may not need the atty to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread