Dear analogue smokers, I promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas
that after 33 years of finally giving up that habit......

1) to cheerfully show you my pv and tell you all about them if you ask
2) to never become an anti-smoking zealot
3) to never give you the disgusted sideways, eye rolling look
4) to never "cough" when you light up around me
5) to pull over as often as you need me to if you are in my car
6) to never lecture you about where you throw your butts
7) to never lecture you about the health effects of smoking
8) to never judge you
9) to never forget how hard it is to quit
10) to celebrate with you if you are excited about making it even one day without smoking
11) to make you a comfortable place outside to smoke so you don't feel like you are being punished
12) to never gripe about the lingering smell that follows you when you come back in the house
13) to never feel superior to you
14) to stand up for your rights any chance I get

mccawley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Oregon
I always twisted the .... until the tobacco all fell out to ensure it wasn't burning, then carried it with me to a garbage can, empty soda cup, or the plastic cigarette wrapper. Never tossed on the ground.

Oh wait there were a few exceptions. In designated smoking sections where there was no ashtray.
I mean, if you designate an area for smoking have an ash tray! Really?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I agree with all but this one:
Quote Originally Posted by knobbysmoo
6) to never lecture you about where you throw your butts
Sorry, can't do that one.

Stick it in your pocket, find a trash can. Litter is litter.
Agreed. Even as a smoker, that was a stickler for me. I'll go with the rest though :)

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
If you were capable of standing up for smokers' rights you never would have been bullied into quitting.
I think I missed something here. WHO was bullied into quitting cigarettes? I'll go out on a limb here and say nearly everyone who has quit smoking cigarettes feels liberated from them, not deprived of them.

Especially those of us who painlessly switched to our reduced harm alternative. I know I certainly do not feel bullied. That clearly implies we have been deprived of something. Nothing could be further from the truth.

stkbow

Feb 22, 2011
idaho
I'm guessing you guys that field stripped your butts were Military? I'll never forget having to run all over base trying to fill a couple grocery bags up with butts. Because a anti smoking captain saw one on his way into work and decided all of "his smokers" should do something about it. I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't meant as a punishment. I vow never to be that guy! great post.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm guessing you guys that field stripped your butts were Military? I'll never forget having to run all over base trying to fill a couple grocery bags up with butts. Because a anti smoking captain saw one on his way into work and decided all of "his smokers" should do something about it. I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't meant as a punishment. I vow never to be that guy! great post.

Guilty as charged:) Even after I left the Army I kept on doing it:vapor:
RIMP:evil:

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
I wasn't in the service, but I sometimes field-stripped them. More often, I just popped them whole into whatever I had handy and tucked it into my pocket. Piece of paper, plastic, candy wrapper, whatever.

Sadly, (almost) anyplace you are, there's going to be litter. I picked it up and used it as a container for my butts.

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas
If you were capable of standing up for smokers' rights you never would have been bullied into quitting. And the anti-smokers will simply re-use their same old lie and smear machine against vapers, and you STILL won't be capable of standing up for your rights.

Just because the anti-smoking zealots are winning does not mean people have not been standing up for their rights, it just means we have not made the headway that they have. Noone ever "bullied" me into quitting. I chose to quit because I was starting to feel the effects on my health. The transition to vaping was so easy I have rarely even had a twitch to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread