death atty what just happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMerced

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I am not a new user, been on the ecigs for a few years now. I have an EGO-T that I was smoking this morning. Never had any problems with it. Took a nice big hit and some horrible cloud of toxic smoke assaulted my lungs as if I just took a big hit off a tailpipe. It was HORRID. I've had a few nasty moments with dry atties and the like, but never like this. My lungs are still burning.

So here are the details- a tank atty that I've had for a while, but a brand new tank cart filled with my usual liquid. First two hits were fine, the third, awful. The atty was not dry (of this I am certain). I have just given the atty a hot water bath and will blow it out (if I ever regain lung function again). I am seriously scared to test it though.

Anyone know what could have caused this and how I can prevent it from EVER happening again? :blink:

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
You may want to look at the hole in the tank and make sure it punctured fully. Also check to make sure the tank is pushed all the way down. Don't know if that's it but it's what happened to me. I had been using it and when I changed tanks after a couple of hits it seemed to go dry. Didn't have the tank all the way down. I also now take tweezers and get rid of the little flap puncturing causes inside the tank.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Take a straight pin and gently push it down inside the T-atty to one side of the wick but still in the wick tube. Somewhere on ECF is a better description if this isn't clear enough.

It really works to make certain the juice is getting to where it needs to be and with enough volume.

Also, on the T-attys, I use several gentle rather than one huge hit...hold the vaper in my mouth and then inhale.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I take a new tank and put it on the T-atty to puncture the hole. Then I take it back off, take the end off, and cut off/pick off the little flap of plastic.
Then I put it back together, fill it with a 14 gauge blunt tip needle on a syringe, wipe it off, put it on the T-atty, and vape away for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread