Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have to press either the up or down buttons for it to show a regular screen.

Well that's a disappointment isn't it?

I figured the Legend would be just as good as the Aegis.. just goes to show you can never tell!

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
So happy to hear you are alright! smok is known for qc issues, I think it was downright irresponsible of them to blame you instead of investigating. But good news is, you have some excellent suggestions here and now get to go shopping for a hugely upgraded shiny new toy!

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I spoke with the vendor I bought the aegis legend from and they said the back light coming on from time to time is within normal function but it being on and not being able to turn on/off with 5 clicks is not. Geekvape will not warranty the product through the vendor unless I can guarantee they replicate the issue OR send a video as proof. At first they just said replicate the issue, when I pushed they offered that I could send in video should the issue arise again.

I don't know if it's worth getting a new one where it may have the same problem though.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I spoke with the vendor I bought the aegis legend from and they said the back light coming on from time to time is within normal function but it being on and not being able to turn on/off with 5 clicks is not. Geekvape will not warranty the product through the vendor unless I can guarantee they replicate the issue OR send a video as proof. At first they just said replicate the issue, when I pushed they offered that I could send in video should the issue arise again.

I don't know if it's worth getting a new one where it may have the same problem though.

That was the same reason I didn't bother getting my Cylon replaced.

I rarely turn my mods off so hopefully I won't notice a problem.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
My aegis legend just had the back light turn on but it wouldn't turn off with 5 clicks, it was stuck on the back light. I had to remove the batteries and put them back in to get it functional again.

So very disappointed as I had big hopes and paid 63 dollars which might not seem like much but I'm on a fixed income. My girlfriend paid the same and the back light comes on on hers randomly even when the mod is off but with hers with one click, it turns off.

Theres a new firmwere update thats supposed to fix the problem
Firmware Download

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wish I could afford a DNAC chip right now but I can't.

BUT, LOL if I did it wouldn't be a squonk OR a two battery mod. I remain fairly unremorseful that my DNA mod is the Steamtuners mod which won't upgrade, but yes, battery life for days. Also not crazy expensive for a dual battery DNA mod, so I'm not complaining. Unless/Until the leather on it starts peeling off or something (IDK I could see it happening at some point.

Anna

Anna, check out the Hcigar DNA75 Nano (Evolve DNA) at MVS on sale for $49.95. It's the standard DNA75 chip (not DNAC), but it's a great deal for the price and so far mine hasn't burped or done anything it shouldn't so far.

HCigar VT75 Nano Evolv DNA 75

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Anna, check out the Hcigar DNA75 Nano (Evolve DNA) at MVS on sale for $49.95. It's the standard DNA75 chip (not DNAC), but it's a great deal for the price and so far mine hasn't burped or done anything it shouldn't so far.

HCigar VT75 Nano Evolv DNA 75
Thanks for the link, I will have to wait and save up but this is the quality level I want now. Smok got me started, now it's time to upgrade a couple levels!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks for the link, I will have to wait and save up but this is the quality level I want now. Smok got me started, now it's time to upgrade a couple levels!

I'm impressed with the build quality of the Hcigar DNA75 and the sale price is right for anyone who wants to try a DNA mod with the Evolv chip at a low price. Seams are tight and the finish is good. It fits in the hand well and performs as advertised. I'm playing with Escribe right now.

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
:w00t:
I'm impressed with the build quality of the Hcigar DNA75 and the sale price is right for anyone who wants to try a DNA mod with the Evolv chip at a low price. Seams are tight and the finish is good. It fits in the hand well and performs as advertised. I'm playing with Escribe right now.
Well that sale didn't last long! I'll have to catch the next one.

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Went for juice yesterday and the shop had the Limitless in stock. I took the green one, love the minimalist design and interface. The magnetic panels make changing batteries allot easier.;)
IMG_20180619_142023.jpg

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Does escribe allow you to create custom curves on Evolv chips?

c250.jpg

I can create and tune curves really quick and easy with Arctic Fox on my laptop. Problem is I don't want to buy any more of the mods that Arctic Fox works on.

Oddly I have a SMOK G-Priv 2 Luxe and a H-Priv2 and I find those 2 models to be really solid (so far at least), but no way to build custom curves. I found extreme curves unlock extreme flavors on some of my diy mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread