Death Of A Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Löki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Reo Mini Little over a week old.

It was working just fine 10 min's ago. Battery's are charged and working. Spring not collapsed. Tryed many atty's that work on other mod's. Fresh noalox applied after failure did not remedy anything. Unit never dropped. Not a scratch on it.

I would guess theirs maybe something went wrong with the switch. ? .

Please advise

Thank you

ö

(EDIT)
It worked fine, Turned off switch set it down picked it up 10 mins later turned switch and nothing.
The switch moves freely. And goes down like it should and hit's the battery, I can feel it hit.

Last edited:

Löki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Check the ground spring is it lose ? Have you checked your battery ? Try cleaning the positive contact with some alcohol and a q tip

Everything is clean just the noalox on the pin. Spring is not lose. Just tryed it again and it's sparking at the top of the battery. when button is pressed but still not working

Löki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Its possible the pin may be broke try to move the pin it may be held together with the insulator only .I would clean the contact there could be something on your positive pin . Your welcome to give me a call
207-490-9783

Cleaned pin of all noalox with q-tip. Atty fire's once every few button presses now, I would say one out of every 5 or 6 times of pressing the button. Still sparking at the top of the battery. Sparks only when the atty does not fire.

(EDIT)
2-510 attys, 2-306 attys and one 510 carto tryed with same results.

Last edited:

Devilman2075

Verified Member
May 10, 2011
Pittsburgh Pa
Löki;3560568 said:
One last update. I think it's the atty connector.

It will fire if the atty is un-threaded a few turns but it get's wiggly and then seems to spark more.

Battery removed and I'm done messing with it.

im sorry to hear about your luck. But looking at your avatar, atleast you got back ups:p

Dino73

May 11, 2011
Serpent Lake
Löki;3560278 said:
Cleaned pin of all noalox with q-tip. Atty fire's once every few button presses now, I would say one out of every 5 or 6 times of pressing the button. Still sparking at the top of the battery. Sparks only when the atty does not fire.

(EDIT)
2-510 attys, 2-306 attys and one 510 carto tryed with same results.

Wait, what? You cleaned the Noalox off?
Mine wont fire either when it sparks. You need to get some Noalox either on the firing pin or on the nipple of the battery. This works for me every time.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Löki;3560568 said:
One last update. I think it's the atty connector.

It will fire if the atty is un-threaded a few turns but it get's wiggly and then seems to spark more.

Battery removed and I'm done messing with it.

Which batteries are you using? AW IMR's? Which brand atties, and what ohm are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread