Decadent Vapors At US TW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Yes, they will.:)

Hmm, I only see the flavor concentrates listed right now, and only a small subset, but it's a good start! Will full liquids be carried? (Even if the answer is yes, I imagine I'll still have to order from DV directly to get them in zero-nic/all-VG form, but at least it would be nice for others.)

I just tried my first DV liquids yesterday, and posted a review, if anyone's interested:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-reviews/38709-decadent-vapours-parma-violet-habana-reserve-absinthe-diabolo-loco.html

I am looooooving this stuff. :)

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA
TW US will indeed have the liquids, in a 36mg strength.

Expected date is 22-23 of Sept.

I read your reviews yesterday and they were very good! I especially like the Diobolo Loco review! ;)

The Parma Violet is my favorite vape......:)

Hmm, I only see the flavor concentrates listed right now, and only a small subset, but it's a good start! Will full liquids be carried? (Even if the answer is yes, I imagine I'll still have to order from DV directly to get them in zero-nic/all-VG form, but at least it would be nice for others.)

I just tried my first DV liquids yesterday, and posted a review, if anyone's interested:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...let-habana-reserve-absinthe-diabolo-loco.html

I am looooooving this stuff. :)

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Nice to see a Decadent Vapours sub-forum. Was wondering if Totally Wicked's US site will carry your juice?

Yes they will - any day now. There's a consignment of 10 flavours of 36mg PG-based already on US soil, which should be going live any day now (once it clears customs and reaches TW in Florida.)

Eventually every flavour and strength should be available through TW, in PG, VG and possibly PEG400, though I'll probably carry on retailing the existing 'green bottle' range while demand continues for weaker juice in fancy bottles :) (they're cute, but the Platinum Ice is a lot cheaper per mg ;))

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Eventually every flavour and strength should be available through TW, in PG, VG and possibly PEG400, though I'll probably carry on retailing the existing 'green bottle' range while demand continues for weaker juice in fancy bottles :) (they're cute, but the Platinum Ice is a lot cheaper per mg ;))

Well, I'll remain a customer of the green bottles direct from the UK for as long as you continue to make them in VG/zero-nic. :) I'll probably place another order as soon as you're taking them again.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Are they back up yet??????

Not for retail sales I'm afraid, and not likely to be in the foreseeable future (until we are actually able to meet existing demand anyway, and so far we're still not keeping up.) But we've expanded the range of products offered via TW and TECC, since they have the distribution and warehousing expertise to shift far larger volumes of juice than we could currently hope to.
We're concentrating on expanding our production here and introducing more flavours (43 in production so far,) and diluents (PG, VG, and PEG-400 so far.)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Not for retail sales I'm afraid, and not likely to be in the foreseeable future (until we are actually able to meet existing demand anyway, and so far we're still not keeping up.) But we've expanded the range of products offered via TW and TECC, since they have the distribution and warehousing expertise to shift far larger volumes of juice than we could currently hope to.
We're concentrating on expanding our production here and introducing more flavours (43 in production so far,) and diluents (PG, VG, and PEG-400 so far.)

Fingers crossed that I'll be able to buy zero-nic VG liquids from TW, then; otherwise I'm out of luck. :(

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Fingers crossed that I'll be able to buy zero-nic VG liquids from TW, then; otherwise I'm out of luck. :(

They'll certainly have them eventually (we're working down from 36 - bottling 11 this week,) but you'd save a LOT of money by buying the flavour concentrate and a bottle of Aqueous Glycerine - unless you're addicted to the glass bottles, it works out at less than 1/4 of the price to mix your own.

Every flavour we produce except Absinthe is now available as a concentrate too (some new arrivals still have to work their way down to the warehouse, but we're up to 43 here now,) and I'm working hard to stabilize an absinthe concentrate that doesn't eat into the dropper bottles (the current problem.)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
They'll certainly have them eventually (we're working down from 36 - bottling 11 this week,) but you'd save a LOT of money by buying the flavour concentrate and a bottle of Aqueous Glycerine - unless you're addicted to the glass bottles, it works out at less than 1/4 of the price to mix your own.

It's more a matter of convenience, time, mess, etc. I'm sort of past the phase when experimenting with mixing liquids was fun and interesting, and now I really prefer just buying ready-made liquids as long as I like them. But I probably will take your advice, since the concentrations are specified and I guess even I can't muck that up too badly. :)

Every flavour we produce except Absinthe is now available as a concentrate too (some new arrivals still have to work their way down to the warehouse, but we're up to 43 here now,) and I'm working hard to stabilize an absinthe concentrate that doesn't eat into the dropper bottles (the current problem.)

Yikes! Makes me wonder what even the diluted concentrate in the liquid is doing to the cart/filling it's sitting in...

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
It's more a matter of convenience, time, mess, etc. I'm sort of past the phase when experimenting with mixing liquids was fun and interesting, and now I really prefer just buying ready-made liquids as long as I like them. But I probably will take your advice, since the concentrations are specified and I guess even I can't muck that up too badly. :)

I mix most of them at 15% in the premixed juices, so start with that and you can't go too far wrong (except the menthol - you'll probably find 5% plenty!) Though different folks have different preferences, so you may want them stronger or weaker; that's the beauty of MYO (mixin' yer own,) - you can suit yourself :)

Yikes! Makes me wonder what even the diluted concentrate in the liquid is doing to the cart/filling it's sitting in...

It appears to be the essential wormwood oils - high concentrations just don't get on with HDPE. But we're working on it - maybe bring out a low-wormwood version with other bitters, or find other bottles.

It doesn't appear to be a problem with diluted absinthe juice - I have a dropper bottle of absinthe 36 that's a couple of months old (it's a flavour I only vape occasionally,) but there's no thinning of the walls or discoloration.
Carts (PVC I believe,) and polyfill (the standard polyester or polypropylene - I can't comment on the "blue foam" craze that's sweeping the forums ATM,) are fine, at least with diluted juice (I have no polyester foam bottles to test the concentrate on ;)) - it's only HDPE that exhibits the effect.

tsmith35

Jan 17, 2010
USA
I got the Platinum Ice DV kit in PG and love the flavors, but I've noticed that vapor production is much lower than with the standard DeKang and other juices. I've tried several different flavors and have mixed everything according to TW instructions and using TW ingredients at the 18mg strength. I'm using a Joye 510 and have tried a couple different attys and fresh batteries. No difference tho.

When I go back to the DK RY4 and others, vapor production is great.

Any ideas? Is there something else I can add to this to improve vapor production?

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I got the Platinum Ice DV kit in PG and love the flavors, but I've noticed that vapor production is much lower than with the standard DeKang and other juices. I've tried several different flavors and have mixed everything according to TW instructions and using TW ingredients at the 18mg strength. I'm using a Joye 510 and have tried a couple different attys and fresh batteries. No difference tho.

Any ideas? Is there something else I can add to this to improve vapor production?

Add at least 30% VG. If you're in a humid locale, cut down on or don't use any water.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com

I'd advise adding 10-20% VG to the mix - some atomizers (801 particularly, and even the 901 is ok,) perform fine with all-PG formulations, but I find the 510 (mine's a Titan, but that's basically a rebadged Joye,) runs very hot, and doesn't make so much vapour.
I believe Dekang add 10-15% VG to their juices, and I know the TW red label juices contain 20%.
More than 20% will add a distinct sweetness and mute the throat hit a little, so if you prefer the PG flavour and throat hit, that's probably as much as you want - it'll certainly thicken the vapour up nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread