Decatur, IL - Soybean Capital of the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's see (I will try not to flame any brand names)...

I started vaping in December 2012... Blue was not my color... $60 gone

Tried both styles of mall kiosk ecigs...
Small cig style was better than the previous, but not revolutionary by any means... $100 gone
The Arizona version isn't much better... $90 gone...

Just ordered an EGO EVOD... Hope it works better!

Sucks there isn't a vape shop here in Decatur... Closest ones are almost an hour away...

Any Central Illinois members know of shops around Decatur, Bloomington, Champaign, Springfield, etc?

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
So let's see (I will try not to flame any brand names)...

I started vaping in December 2012... Blue was not my color... $60 gone

Tried both styles of mall kiosk ecigs...
Small cig style was better than the previous, but not revolutionary by any means... $100 gone
The Arizona version isn't much better... $90 gone...

Just ordered an EGO EVOD... Hope it works better!

Sucks there isn't a vape shop here in Decatur... Closest ones are almost an hour away...

Any Central Illinois members know of shops around Decatur, Bloomington, Champaign, Springfield, etc?

Went through the same as you. Learned a hard $150 lesson before I finally wised up.. I heard there is one in Bloomngton but none here in Peoria except cigalikes at the mall. The Ego is a nice step up from what you are use to. I think you will like the set up much better. Good Luck .... ;-)~

Hey NerdyRick. I just signed up for ECF and this will be my first post. I currently live in Decatur, IL right now and honestly, your best bet is to shop online. Currently, I have 6 mods: 3 mechanical and 3 VV. I started on the vape train with an Ego-C Twist as I noticed alot of my friends in Cali. were buying these, and for good reason! It's the cheapest, best starting battery IMO. Can't go wrong! If you'd like I can refer you to some sites with awesome shipping and good prices. Juice websites too!

Dbrent

Jun 28, 2013
Illinois
I live in pekin il an there isn't a shop around here but there is one in Lincoln called Blono smoke they have a nice little shop and good juice. There will be a shop opening in Peoria in a month or so. Dennis at blono said he's looking to open a shop down by Springfield. Other than that I order from free-cigs.com there up by Chicago and just opened a b&m and mister-e-liquid for my juice need both ship very fast. Anyway good luck happy vaping

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
We have over 30 vape shops here in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area. Most are quickly-set up shops hoping to cash in on the Vapor craze. There ARE several large, high-end shops that offer just about anything you could want and some in between the two. But...NONE of them can beat internet prices on e-liquid.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
Welcome to the site. Things you can't wait for. Buy from a on line shop in the us. I just got a couple of things from Mountaih vapor.
Mountain Vapor has some of the best tobacco flavored Juices I have had. Order from them a lot.

For the OP, Right now, I agree you are much better off ordering online. Cheaper and better quality products. I get a lot of my hardware from Sweet-Vapes.com in Wisconsin. Its a Mom & Pops type store. They have a good variety and fast shipping.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Illinois is a large state with not enough vapor B&Ms. The closest one to me is a good hour or longer drive. They were an online shop before they opened up the storefront and have excellent house brewed juice and good prices. They also ship really fast.

That would be Good Ejuice in Minooka, btw. If you like tobacco flavors, they are a fantastic place to get juices.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
This is a good shop...whoever told you that it wasn't was lying. They have prices than can compete with online vendors, carry name brand products and have GREAT customer service.

It's probably because he's a shop owner and they're stealing his business. Or he's sees them as a threat. Knocking competitors is a common practice in business. You'll never hear an owner of, lets say, Burger King promoting McD's. You'll never hear the CEO of Duracell saying Energizers are better or even equal quality. He's just trying to make them look bad to make himself look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread