Decided On A Joye eGo, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
It comes with 5 tobacco cartridges, and they do not have any blank cartridges for sale. I was planning on getting a 30ml of Cappuccino and 30ml of Caramel because I had just bought an XHalesO2 yesterday and can't stand the tobacco flavor, but really want to drop these analogs ASAP.

I was also going to go with the 14mg Nicotine since I currently smoke lights about a pack a day, and don't take long draws.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

sprink0281

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
S.W. Burbs of Chicago
Well you can just take the filler out of the pre-filled carts and wash them out with water and dry them with a paper towel till they are dry and put it back in the cart and fill it with the juice of your choice...
Good luck and happy vaping!

P.s. for me I also get some high nic like 24-30 mg's for the bad cravings. I started with 18 and found that first in the morning and after meals and while drinking I need something stronger. The higher nic has solve all my craving issues to the point I'm not even thinking of a analog anymore..

Edit: supplier do sell packs of 5 blank carts some just might be out of stock but you can usually find them for $3-4 go to the suppliers section here on ECF and visit some of their sites. Try to buy them with juice to help equal out the shipping charges.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Yeah, I 2nd (or 3rd, 4th...) the dump the "pre-filled tobacco carts" answer. Pull the filler and wash them/it out. Keep the now blank carts. Get ya some real USA sourced juice (since your in the USA).

The nicotine level is real subjective. If you order a "doubler" of a flavor, and a higher nic level (say 24)... you can "cut" it to whatever level you want. 50/50 cut of 24mg is 12 mg, for example. This will let you experiment with the nic level without a lot of waste and without losing flavor. Get a small (3 ml) empty bottle for mixing.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Mine came with pre-filled carts too but it's so simple to just take the filler out, soak it in a little hot water, swish it around. Then press it dry on some paper towels til no more moisture comes out. Stuff it back in the cart and drip your new juice in. Don't see a point in buying blank ones when it's so easy to clean them out.

sprink0281

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
S.W. Burbs of Chicago
Generally it should be a question of finding the right spot in the vendor website...

Or, you can get it here, as an example. The Tornado and the eGo are compatible.

Good luck with quitting the analogs.

That was a link to tank carts, if you have a tank model then those would work but if you don't
Then go here. FreedomSmokeUSA or here. FreedomSmokeUSA gave links to flat tip or round tip.. they are $4 there and they have good juice.. you can find them a little cheaper if you look around I just had that page bookmarked so I just posted so I didn't have to search around too much..

Last edited:

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
You should probably look at getting a syringe too... Makes cart refilling a breeze. Just suck some juice in, slide the needle to the bottom of the cart, and fill until the top looks slushy.

Otherwise, fill the cart with juice first, and then slowly put the filler back in. I've found that if I put the filler in first, and drip onto the top, it takes forever to wick, and doesn't always fill the cart completely, leaving the bottom of the filler dry.

DropEmCigs

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
EU, Copenhagen®
That was a link to tank carts, if you have a tank model then those would work but if you don't
Then go here. FreedomSmokeUSA or here. FreedomSmokeUSA gave links to flat tip or round tip.. they are $4 there and they have good juice.. you can find them a little cheaper if you look around I just had that page bookmarked so I just posted so I didn't have to search around too much..

Oops. Thank you for correcting me.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
You can get eGo Cartomizers at litecig or several other good websites. They're expensive, and a royal pain to fill (I pop the top on my juice container, and put the atty side on the top so that any leakage goes right back into the juice bottle), but they taste amazing, hold a lot of juice, and work great with the eGo. I only use 510 stuff and ego cartos with my ego. I don't like the ego attys or tank carts as much as the 510 and eGo cartos.

JamesGang

Jan 30, 2011
S.C.
I think you'll find the 18mg to be just about right, in regards to replacing light cigarettes.

I'm a former pack a day smoker of light cigs as well.

Right now I'm vaping some 24mg 555 and it's plenty.

I like to tell folks that in my experience if you're a former smoker you should start with 18-24mg. Like I said you can make whatever juice you order weaker, but you can't make it stronger.

Some take this a step farther and order the strongest juice they can get and dilute it. This is the most economical choice. This is especially helpful if you get a batch of juice with too much flavor.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Some take this a step farther and order the strongest juice they can get and dilute it. This is the most economical choice. This is especially helpful if you get a batch of juice with too much flavor.

Or, to piggy-back on that idea; if you can order your juice with double or triple the flavoring (some vendors do this) AND you get the highest nic you can and dilute it down to whatever mg you like without losing too much flavor. That's what I do, and it doubles my value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread