Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
So here I sit I got the credit card on the laptop and I keep going back and forth on what to purchase. I am currently using a e-lvt (3-15w) which was bought as a work device and will basically remain a work device (unless I just love the new APV too much) and currently run aspire nat mini, kanger aeros and similar tanks. I want to move onto rebuilds and figure a device that I can grow into is going to be best.

So with the IPV2 it is currently not update-able to become 100 watts but will it be in the future? As a noob to such power how often will I be wishing I could move on past 50w in the future? I know that you guys can't really answer that but it is on my mind. I found this at Vape the cape for 89.00 with free shipping. Has a 12mth warranty and is in stock.

With the IPV3 I like the idea of two 18650 bats, I get a day out of the elvt before having to switch batteries but the elvt was bought as a work mod not for 24/7 use but it is being used as my primary unit (puffing on some Oh' Face with it now). I can find it at Vaportekusa for 138.79 shipped. It is a 50 dollar price difference but 100w difference plus it has the two batteries slots. It also probably will have some issues from the IPV2 addressed (hopefully the back cover) Same 12mth warranty as the IPV2 and is obviously pre order

The sigelei would be the one I bought because it is a 100w and it has magnets for the back but what is stopping me from pulling the trigger is the reputation of P4Y and the fact that they have the minimum watts at ten and with my current set up sometimes I like to dial it back to 9w. I know with future builds it will be a non issue but right now if I had it I would have my Nat mini attached. I can find this for 99.99 from eciggity. The Sigelei is listed with a 12mth warranty but after reading the manual it clearly states a 6mth warranty. Pre order

Then there is the Cloupor T8. I have not found much about this unit mainly the T5 which people are pleased with it seems, but other than that the threads I have read seem a bit skeptical of the device I am not sure if that is because Cloupor cloned the dna30 and ppl are fanboys of original Hana modz or what but the people that have the Cana dna30 seem mostly pleased. I can not find the warranty info for the T8, so I do not know what the warranty is, but that does have some bearing on my decision. If it had a 12mth I would be pleased. I can find the T8 at vapenw for 100, or at vapetekusa for 119.00 with a coupon code that would shave off a few bucks. Also pre order with end of Sept or early Oct expected release.

I was originally looking for a Hana clone when all this started a little while back. After some research I threw P4Y into the mix and have completely moved on from the dna30. I would like to have an authentic Hana but justifying to my wife that the original Hana is worth 200 when a similar device can be had for 50-70 is a hard sell since she loves her VTR which is a fraction of the cost lol.

So I guess I need a nudge. I am leaning towards the P2 and if I had a feeling it was upgrade-able to 100w then it would be a done deal. The Sigelei would also be a done deal if the watts were set differently. The P3 is 50 bucks more but a lot more wattage but who knows if in the future I would need to exceed 50w. (I know this is a debatable topic with higher watts). The T8 I just have not heard much about but I want to like it because it is in the price I prefer, has two batteries and Cloupor seems to be building up their own brand from the popularity of the dna30. Any idea on what their warranty is since it is a first batch product?

Thoughts from you more experienced regulated mod guys? I have both the PV's in separate check out pages but am on the fence and want to make sure I gave it enough thought.

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
There's always the IPV2S. It's probably what I would have went with if it used 2 batteries. I ended up going with the ipv3 after finding out the sigelei 100w wasn't going to have a charge port.

I've not used any cloupor products so I didn't look into them when shopping.

Also, the ipv3 is 134.99 at eciggity once you get to checkout.

Good luck, I hope they're all winners.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
There's always the IPV2S. It's probably what I would have went with if it used 2 batteries. I ended up going with the ipv3 after finding out the sigelei 100w wasn't going to have a charge port.

I've not used any cloupor products so I didn't look into them when shopping.

Also, the ipv3 is 134.99 at eciggity once you get to checkout.

Good luck, I hope they're all winners.

I looked at the IPV2s but have not found a place to order.

You are correct about the eciggy price. Are there any coupon codes floating around for them so I can get it down a few more bucks?

Thanks Adrian.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Thanks for the mention of IPV2 at Vape in the Cape or whatever for $89. I'm going to order it now!

No problem. That is the cheapest I have found it for. and it says in stock which is another +. I have my finger on the trigger with the pv3 at eciggy for 134.99. Just not 100% that I would not just be fine saving 45.00 for the IPV2, but either way I am glad you benefited from this thread. :thumb:

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
I looked at the IPV2s but have not found a place to order.

You are correct about the eciggy price. Are there any coupon codes floating around for them so I can get it down a few more bucks?

Thanks Adrian.

No, I tried the 10% one but i guess it wont stack with the discount that's automatically applied.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Don't let the wattage output cloud your mind unless you think you will really be using that kind of power . I also don't think upgradeable should be a deal breaker unless you think you will really want 200 + watts .

It's all about marketing with these manufacturers and the terms "mega wattage" and "upgradeable" definitely can fool one into thinking they need that if you do not have a good grasp on what you require and what will work the best for you .

Decide what features you think you really need and go with that model , there will be new mods being released on a non stop continuing basis that are more capable with higher wattage capabilities than what your currently looking into now so it's important to narrow it down .

I got caught up in the higher power mindset for a short time and it took me quite a while to realize.

To me, after trying countless combos and builds with different wattages i get the best taste and vape experience with builds from around 1 ohm up to about 1.8 and wattages no higher than 20 watts on my dripper's and tanks .

Most people i talk to who have one of the DNA 30's, iPV 35 or 50 watt models have told me they are completely satisfied with the choice they made and have no interest in buying and using more wattage , in other words it fits their preferences .

Without knowing your preferences your really lost in this game.

That being said good luck with whatever you choose and i would stay away from Cloupor , they just do not have the experience and proven chips like some of the others do .

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
No, I tried the 10% one but i guess it wont stack with the discount that's automatically applied.

I tried the 10% too with no luck, oh well.

It seems that the T8 does not have as solid of a warranty so I guess I may pull that off the list unless someone can point me to a different page that states something more like a 12mth for the device.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Don't let the wattage output cloud your mind unless you think you will really be using that kind of power . I also don't think upgradeable should be a deal breaker unless you think you will really want 200 + watts .

It's all about marketing with these manufacturers and the terms "mega wattage" and "upgradeable" definitely can fool one into thinking they need that if you do not have a good grasp on what you require and what will work the best for you .

Decide what features you think you really need and go with that model , there will be new mods being released on a non stop continuing basis that are more capable with higher wattage capabilities than what your currently looking into now so it's important to narrow it down .

I got caught up in the higher power mindset for a short time and it took me quite a while to realize.

To me, after trying countless combos and builds with different wattages i get the best taste and vape experience with builds from around 1 ohm up to about 1.8 and wattages no higher than 20 watts on my dripper's and tanks .

Most people i talk to who have one of the DNA 30's, iPV 35 or 50 watt models have told me they are completely satisfied with the choice they made and have no interest in buying and using more wattage , in other words it fits their preferences .

Without knowing your preferences your really lost in this game.

That being said good luck with whatever you choose and i would stay away from Cloupor , they just do not have the experience and proven chips like some of the others do .
Thank you. That is why I am hedging for a small percentage more I get the higher watts and dual battery. The downside to that is I will need to purchase a couple more batteries to make sure spares are ready. If the battery life is solid on the IPV2 then I keep swaying back to that.

Do you by chance have the IPV2? If so how long are your batteries lasting dripping? I currently am using vtc4's on the elvt. I get a day out of them but that is with a tank atm.

Yeah the Cloupor seems to have some unknowns with what chip they are using and my gut says no.

Yes my preferences are a unknown variable as I have yet to move in the direction I see for myself; which is why I do not want to shoot myself in the foot. I don't know maybe I will pull the trigger on the IPV2 and use my savings to buy a kayfun clone so I can get a little further in my journey to my personal sweet spot. I feel confident that the 50w version will be enough for me. If not I can always go down this road in a year from now when the 10,000 watt versions are out lol.

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I've chosen the Sigelei 100W. The reason is because of the copper battery contacts I saw on the Youtube vid. Then Eciggity made an announcement that they won't have an USB charger built in. Less is more for me.
I doubt I would use the usb charger on any of these devices anyways as I am used to just changing out the battery.I like the Sigelei price point and the dual battery factor but with the minimum watts listed (sounds silly to worry about min watts when I am looking at such high wattage) I was leaning towards the P4Y.

Do you have a 50w version also? If so how is the battery life for your vaping habits?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I doubt I would use the usb charger on any of these devices anyways as I am used to just changing out the battery.I like the Sigelei price point and the dual battery factor but with the minimum watts listed (sounds silly to worry about min watts when I am looking at such high wattage) I was leaning towards the P4Y.

Do you have a 50w version also? If so how is the battery life for your vaping habits?
I haven't purchased any high wattage boxes due to the single battery. They were pointless to me, thinking I'd get the same battery life compared to a mechanical. That's another reason why I pre ordered the Sigelei 100W. :D

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I haven't purchased any high wattage boxes due to the single battery. They were pointless to me, thinking I'd get the same battery life compared to a mechanical. That's another reason why I pre ordered the Sigelei 100W. :D

That is my concerns as well Jimi, I think I will pull the trigger on the IPV3

EDIT: Pulled the trigger on the IPV3 thanks for all the great replies guys. :thumbs:

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
No problem. That is the cheapest I have found it for. and it says in stock which is another +. I have my finger on the trigger with the pv3 at eciggy for 134.99. Just not 100% that I would not just be fine saving 45.00 for the IPV2, but either way I am glad you benefited from this thread. :thumb:

What would be the benefit of the IPV3 over the IPV2, exactly?

I'm not great with math.... with the IPV2 at 50watts, what all will that cover? I like to vape my Kayfuns at around 0.6-1ohm....and I like to vape my RDAs at about 0.4-0.6 ohm. Should this be fine?

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
It looks like the formula is [Watts = Volts X Volts / Ohms]

So considering the 18650 batteries I use are 3.7 volts I believe, that would be [Watts = 3.7x3.7 / Ohms]

So, [Watts = 13.69 / Ohms]

So, the lowest I would go would be around 0.3 ohms.

Watts = 13.69 / 0.3
Watts = 45.63

So that means, if the lowest I would be vaping at would be around 0.3ohms, all I would technically ever need would be around 46 watts? Is this correct?

TornadoAlley

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2014
Oklahoma
It looks like the formula is [Watts = Volts X Volts / Ohms]

So considering the 18650 batteries I use are 3.7 volts I believe, that would be [Watts = 3.7x3.7 / Ohms]

So, [Watts = 13.69 / Ohms]

So, the lowest I would go would be around 0.3 ohms.

Watts = 13.69 / 0.3
Watts = 45.63

So that means, if the lowest I would be vaping at would be around 0.3ohms, all I would technically ever need would be around 46 watts? Is this correct?
Calculate using 4.2, 3.7 is the nominal or average voltage but freshly charged your batts are close to 4.2. There's an app called vapers toolbox it takes all the math and does it for you. Even helps you decide how many wraps to build your coils to. Oh and it's free!
Also make sure your batts are rated to handle the amps of your build!

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
What would be the benefit of the IPV3 over the IPV2, exactly?
For me I decided to play it safe and go with the dual battery which was the deciding factor. 50w would no doubt of been more watts than I currently need but for the price difference of a little bit more than a trip through a Mcdonalds drive through with the wife and kids it seemed reasonable to just get the bigger IPV3 Of course with where I am currently at it is overkill, but the unit definitely has more than enough room to grow into if ever need too.

unlvjeffro

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
lv
For me I decided to play it safe and go with the dual battery which was the deciding factor. 50w would no doubt of been more watts than I currently need but for the price difference of a little bit more than a trip through a Mcdonalds drive through with the wife and kids it seemed reasonable to just get the bigger IPV3 Of course with where I am currently at it is overkill, but the unit definitely has more than enough room to grow into if ever need too.

My thoughts exactly. If I need the watts, I have the ability, and if I don't use the watts, I will have an extremely long time on my 2 18650's. The thing that drove home my choice for the IPV3, was the spring loaded 510 pin. No screwing it in and out to make contact.Plus, the water resistant thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread