Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Oh...I learned my lesson with my first preorder with Chinese devices..no more preorders.. I'm probably going to look into getting a sx350 chip. I want a bottom feeder, but I'd hate to invest in just a mechanical for that.. Yeah.. I'm probably going to be online for like 38 hours again.lol

And thank you...I was very lucky to get it, and all of us were somewhat a part of the mod production.... All the credit really goes to the small group at Gus, with the idea from qorax, and I think dspin may have had a lot to do with the conception of the kiss qe also..I don't know - seems like some tension in how the serial number is on the kiss qe. Q-xxx

I didn't know the kiss qe was a different finish and engraving than the original kiss..so I guess I'm ordering an 18650 tube, ss switch, and another polished estia.. but in 510. I mean I can't have a ~$40 tank sitting around... gotta buy an atomizer to give it purpose. (in the future..cuz I'm poor.. once I pay bills due on the first, I'll buy all that to help create the crisis at the middle of each month.lol) Comes without a fuse for positive contact, like original, and is also 20x1 threaded for hybrid use.

The MBI nuke 14500 cells are working out rather well.. just remembered about the thread, oops. But I may end up getting a 14500/g16 mod. Cuz their switch is great..I'd like to see how their 16mm mod plays with an aiolos dripper- was just wanting that for the 5 minutes I was first looking at it, and I ventured to the rest of the site.

Very fair prices..kiss qe was about $150 (€=~$1.37 when I paid for mine)..plus, the dollar is getting closer to being even to the euro..see what's causing it play out.. It may be great for me and my European shopping list.

Sales pitch over...except.. it's pretty nice to be part of the estia club.. I'm #334...doing pretty well since March...considering I don't hear anything about Gus anywhere else..evidence of sleep deprivation.:)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Aqk_I7pEFKilpa_Cg&sig2=K39RcyiQYY19HFsa-nmuyw

So what's the deal with the estia atty from GUS? I looks kinda cool in the small amount of pics I've seen of it. It looks bigger that 22mm as well.... Which is kinda weird since I believe all GUS mods are 22mm.

I own a GUS 18500 Core, which I guess is kinda old school now to the new vapers or people with new GUS products. Mine is so old that it still came with the spring on top under the 510 connection. I got a paps brass telescoping top pin to get rid of the spring design (which just kept collapsing on lower ohm builds).

The thing I can't stand about my GUS is the fact the switch will get really hot on sub ohm builds. If I go bellow 0.6ohms I'd say, it unusable. I wish there was an easy fix for this, as I do like my GUS. My switch is no the new ball bearing one, which looks pretty sweet by the way. I mostly by reccesed switch mods now, but would love to get my GUS to rock on lower ohms. Its an 18500 tube, so I can't go to low on ohms anyway, but I can always buy a 650 tube. GUS has always been cool to me and answers my emails the same day I send them.

Anyway, sorry to get off track.... I know this is box mod thread.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
It's definitely metal , what kind and how duable it is , is what i would be interested in hearing about. Looking forward to hearing reviews after it has been on the market for a while and lets hope whoever buys it doesn't find out Asmodus is the outfit handling the warranties.

So the maker of the other ones didn't do the warranty themselfs? The had some second hand company called asmodus doing it?

I really want a 50+ Watt box mod bad right now... Just worried because there all so damn new and everything. Hate beta testing for China. That's why I slowed down on co-ops and pre-orders. I used to jump on all them, getting whatever was new as soon as it came off the line. Getting things long before shops or anyone had them... But I ended up with so many products with issues. Now I like to wait until it hits the market and everyone discovers the issues, complains about them, then the manufacturer fixed them. By that time the Internet vape sites prices are just about the same or less than the co-op price I would have got it for.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
So the maker of the other ones didn't do the warranty themselfs? The had some second hand company called asmodus doing it?

I really want a 50+ Watt box mod bad right now... Just worried because there all so damn new and everything. Hate beta testing for China. That's why I slowed down on co-ops and pre-orders. I used to jump on all them, getting whatever was new as soon as it came off the line. Getting things long before shops or anyone had them... But I ended up with so many products with issues. Now I like to wait until it hits the market and everyone discovers the issues, complains about them, then the manufacturer fixed them. By that time the Internet vape sites prices are just about the same or less than the co-op price I would have got it for.

I wasn't aware a third party would be controlling the warranty when I preordered my IPV2..and I definitely wasn't aware I'd have to pay shipping prices for warranty claims..
So what's the deal with the estia atty from GUS? I looks kinda cool in the small amount of pics I've seen of it. It looks bigger that 22mm as well.... Which is kinda weird since I believe all GUS mods are 22mm.

I own a GUS 18500 Core, which I guess is kinda old school now to the new vapers or people with new GUS products. Mine is so old that it still came with the spring on top under the 510 connection. I got a paps brass telescoping top pin to get rid of the spring design (which just kept collapsing on lower ohm builds).

The thing I can't stand about my GUS is the fact the switch will get really hot on sub ohm builds. If I go bellow 0.6ohms I'd say, it unusable. I wish there was an easy fix for this, as I do like my GUS. My switch is no the new ball bearing one, which looks pretty sweet by the way. I mostly by reccesed switch mods now, but would love to get my GUS to rock on lower ohms. Its an 18500 tube, so I can't go to low on ohms anyway, but I can always buy a 650 tube. GUS has always been cool to me and answers my emails the same day I send them.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14168005

Base is 22mm. Slim tank is slightly wider. Qorax has it measured on the first page of his thread..tank and top cap are held in by SUPER strong orings..wide-open has the perfect amount of airflow for me-4inlets to 1-3 outlets.. juice flow control that works...and 1-3 coils..you have screws to seal each air outlet, and yada-yada-yada-buyit-yada-yada..

I haven't gotten any heat in my switch..good bit coming from my estia... But I'm only pushing a ~0.3 Ohm build on my estia..I did have a 0.2 Ohm dripper running without incident though...and those ball bearings, once they all come out.. good luck getting them back in, but really isn't noticeable without them if switch is clean and lubed up..I used lps2, but cnc makes a better product for this application..cnc 2-26? Thekiwi

After cleaning the mod - which it didn't need what so ever, my bearing ring started to seize up on my switch.. applied the lube, and golden.. better than when it arrived, and that was petty good.

You can check out the switch parts on the site and compare it to yours... that was before my time.. I think...at least before my mech days..

Anymore gus stuff, just message me..

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
eciggiy has announced that the ipv3 will now be shipped without the cord as p4y goofed the cost, sounds weird, but not that big of a deal to me. Us beta testers have to expect some things to pop up and I keep hoping for a smooth operating unit.

Off topic but, I have been eyeing the Gus but have yet to pull the trigger on one. I looked at the non 1.1 Lord clone vs authentic Lord review by Twisted as well and the real Lord looks pretty nice. Been contemplating a used one but I think I would rather spend the money on a nice atty, yet my mind keeps thinking about it lol.

I suppose I should find a Gus thread.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA

Yeah paying to be a beta tester does seem like crap. I have my fingers crossed that the IPV2 issues will be addressed in the IPV3 but with a new design comes new potential problems. I went the pre order route and hope to have one in hand before to long.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I will wait for the beta testers IPV2 lasted a few days before going postal, Sigelei 50W smoked after a week. Cloupor T5 after the 75W update you guessed it killed its self and melted.

Not a chance I am touching the 150W IPV3, Cloupor T8, Sigelei 100W or 180W God Mod

Odd to the SX350 @ 60W has been solid for weeks.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
eciggiy has announced that the ipv3 will now be shipped without the cord as p4y goofed the cost, sounds weird, but not that big of a deal to me. Us beta testers have to expect some things to pop up and I keep hoping for a smooth operating unit.

Off topic but, I have been eyeing the Gus but have yet to pull the trigger on one. I looked at the non 1.1 Lord clone vs authentic Lord review by Twisted as well and the real Lord looks pretty nice. Been contemplating a used one but I think I would rather spend the money on a nice atty, yet my mind keeps thinking about it lol.

I suppose I should find a Gus thread.
I hope you mean the USB update cord and not the proprietary charging cord.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I will wait for the beta testers IPV2 lasted a few days before going postal, Sigelei 50W smoked after a week. Cloupor T5 after the 75W update you guessed it killed its self and melted.

Not a chance I am touching the 150W IPV3, Cloupor T8, Sigelei 100W or 180W God Mod

Odd to the SX350 @ 60W has been solid for weeks.

Damn! I knew there were some issues with these new high VW devices, but I had no idea they were dieing that fast and even melting. Guess I'll keep waiting and watching for now.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
The IPV and IPV2 have issues from:

A.) One vendor actually got beta versions it seemed.. practically every one had issues.

B.) The 510 screw can easily be grabbed by atty pins.. even sealed ones, like origen..edit- causing a change in contact resistance.

C.) The battery cover isn't sealed...so even a dripper that pops liquid out of airholes will get liquid in the mod if it's facing the right direction..

..my daughter seems like she's trying to push my buttons this morning. Lol..she is my child after all.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I hope you mean the USB update cord and not the proprietary charging cord.

I believe it ships without the charging/usb. From my understanding a cord does not come with the unit now, at least according to eciggitys facebook page in their update from last night. You might want to do your own research on that though. Me personally I have no intention of ever charging through the box so it does not worry me to much. If you were relying on that and lack a reputable charger like the xstar pv2, intelligent charger, then yeah you might want to do more to verify this.

EDIT: It is listed on this page as well http://www.eciggity.com/ipv3-150-watt-box-mod/ scroll down a bit to the update text.

Last edited:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I believe it ships without the charging/usb. From my understanding a cord does not come with the unit now, at least according to eciggitys facebook page in their update from last night. You might want to do your own research on that though. Me personally I have no intention of ever charging through the box so it does not worry me to much. If you were relying on that and lack a reputable charger like the xstar pv2, intelligent charger, then yeah you might want to do more to verify this.

EDIT: It is listed on this page as well http://www.eciggity.com/ipv3-150-watt-box-mod/ scroll down a bit to the update text.
I do have a nitecore 4 bay charger. I found that on my 2 week vacation from home, it was much more convenient to plug my cana in to charge, especially in the vehicle, going down the road. The charging option was the main reason I ordered the IPV3 over the Sigelei 100 watt. I looked at the page you posted and it does say no charging cord included. The IPV3 uses the USB port for updates only. A second round shaped port shown on their most recent video, was said to be a charging port. Just about every site I look at says charging cord included. Why should i have to wait and pay for it myself? It looks to be proprietary to the mod. Since I ordered through a site that stated no cancellations, then I'm stuck. IPV warranties are already being scrutinized by AsModus demanding return shipping even though it did not state this in original warranty paperwork. If I do not get a charging cord with my IPV3, as description states, I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER buy another IPV/Greenleaf product again! I will also make sure that all my friends that vape, also know about this. Guess Sigelei or someone else will get my future business. If I have to swap out batteries, I want a magnetic back cover such as Sigelei has. Rant over but I'm still going to be ...... until I find out for sure. No use emailing Greenleaf. I did that over a week ago about warranty info and never got a reply.

I took the leap and pre ordered a cloupor T8 150w. I love my cloupor dna 30 and really want more wattage. I doubt I will ever use it at 150w but knowing the power is there is awesome. Ive been making my builds at .8 - 1.0 ohms dual coil and at 30w its nice but im sure at a little higher wattage it will be even better.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I do have a nitecore 4 bay charger. I found that on my 2 week vacation from home, it was much more convenient to plug my cana in to charge, especially in the vehicle, going down the road. The charging option was the main reason I ordered the IPV3 over the Sigelei 100 watt. I looked at the page you posted and it does say no charging cord included. The IPV3 uses the USB port for updates only. A second round shaped port shown on their most recent video, was said to be a charging port. Just about every site I look at says charging cord included. Why should i have to wait and pay for it myself? It looks to be proprietary to the mod. Since I ordered through a site that stated no cancellations, then I'm stuck. IPV warranties are already being scrutinized by AsModus demanding return shipping even though it did not state this in original warranty paperwork. If I do not get a charging cord with my IPV3, as description states, I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER buy another IPV/Greenleaf product again! I will also make sure that all my friends that vape, also know about this. Guess Sigelei or someone else will get my future business. If I have to swap out batteries, I want a magnetic back cover such as Sigelei has. Rant over but I'm still going to be ...... until I find out for sure. No use emailing Greenleaf. I did that over a week ago about warranty info and never got a reply.

Yeah all these issues are a bit disconcerting for me as well. I am mainly concerned about firmware vs charging, but I know that a lot of people will be wanting the cord for the reasons you stated. Plus it would be good to have if one was in a bind. In reality the cord is only a couple bucks, but when I purchased the box the cord was an included item in the listing details. P4Y should have properly calculated their margins and if not they could have removed it for future orders and versions. If they are figuring a cord is a profit changer then where else are they possibly cutting costs as shipment and fulfillment gets closer? Magnets would be a great option yet p4y has decided against it maybe for the IPV3s (sarcastically lol).

I can cancel my pre-order but I am not going to. There have been many ppl that did not have tons of issues with their IPV2, and I am wanting that out of the IPV3 and I am ultimately hoping that I will be satisfied with the ipv3. For a buck thirty five I could have added a little more green to the pot and have had my choice of some nice mech mods or a good box mod like the Reo. So for the price even though it is reasonable I want a satisfying product, and not one that is plagued with issues. I just have to hope they have learned from their past problems. If I was not an impulsive patient person I would have waited for a revised version rather than a pre-order but alas here I am checking their site for when this thing will ship. I personally am find with delays as I expected as much, but hopefully they are taking a minute for qc rather than trying to rush it to meet deadlines, only time will tell though.

The Sigelei has had some hiccups as well. The adjustable 510 pin being one of them. From what I have read some required replacement. Yet the flip side to that is that I believe there are many satisfied customers but for the most part we tend to hear the bad press a lot more than the success stories.

Either way we can compare notes on the ipv3 before to long and I wish for you to have a worry and problem free box. :)

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I took the leap and pre ordered a cloupor T8 150w. I love my cloupor dna 30 and really want more wattage. I doubt I will ever use it at 150w but knowing the power is there is awesome. Ive been making my builds at .8 - 1.0 ohms dual coil and at 30w its nice but im sure at a little higher wattage it will be even better.

I can only handle one pre-order at a time so I will have to wait on the reviews before I decide to check one of those out. I do not own a dna30 device but considering one is how I ended up on the ipv3. I hope it is a great unit and look forward to the review.

These types of box mods are moving very quickly so it will be interesting to see how they perform over time.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
It's not a yihi or clouper chip... the specs I've seen say PWM also.. it could be like the ant...33.3Hz or whatever...I haven't looked into it.. I'll wait for one to be on a scope before I say anything for certain.

I'm thinking the smy god may be my next regulated mod...

I'm about to buy a friend's reo, so I'll have time to love that for a few weeks before reviews come for everything.

I bought the IPV for trying out the sx330 for modding.. I want more info about the smy god chip..lol cuz I wanted to copy the design of the body..might end up just copying the smy god into a bottom feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread