Deciding between IPV2, IPV3, Sigelei 100watt, cloupor T8, or doubtfully a DNA30 device

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
I wouldn't worry too much about the charging cord until you get the unit and find out for sure. Vendors preselling them before the launch don't have a clue what they're selling usually, I would think either it's not proprietary or it's included in the package. I'm not saying I recommend charging it that way just that would be my guess as to what's included. The glass might be half full or half empty, I wouldn't bother stressing over it until it's been poured.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
^that's called price fixing, and it is illegal.

No it isn't manufacturers do it all of the time. Grado from what I've been told has cut off retailers for selling their headphones under msrp in the past. I could see if they had some monopoly on the market. That would be another thing.

Do any of these mods fit a panasonic 3400mah 18650? Those things are wide.

Michael7

May 28, 2014
oregon

Lol its probably illegal to tell them an exact price. But its probably legal to tell them a " suggested price " and not sell to that vendor if they don't follow your suggestions. Just like any business you have the rights to sell to whomever you choose.not selling to people might get you bad rep though.
I knew someone who owned a small lawn and garden equip shop And he said Honda had set pricing that their retailers should sell at. And sure enough if you looked around most everyone selling that mower had it listed at or above that price.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Lol its probably illegal to tell them an exact price. But its probably legal to tell them a " suggested price " and not sell to that vendor if they don't follow your suggestions. Just like any business you have the rights to sell to whomever you choose.not selling to people might get you bad rep though.
I knew someone who owned a small lawn and garden equip shop And he said Honda had set pricing that their retailers should sell at. And sure enough if you looked around most everyone selling that mower had it listed at or above that price.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk
We've been through this before...with elev8vape and ipv2's... I bet it's just like that situation. Total bs from a vendor selling it for $150.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
On a different subject, has anyone heard anything new, in the last few days, on the IPV3 release? I haven't seen any recent progress reports. The last update where I ordered was on September 9th, with an expected release date of September 15th.

26th is the current date where I purchased.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
26th is the current date where I purchased.
At this rate, might be the 26th of December. Seems like they keep pushing it back, week after week. But then again, maybe some vendors posted an early date to try and pick up more sales. Not sure, but I started considering this mod when I first heard about it in August.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico

This was widely discussed. Its called a Manufactures IMAP. Here's a bio from a quick google search. Its completely legal and most vendor do enforce these rules. There are exceptions such as email blasts, hiding price unless item is in cart and coupons. As long as you dont advertise it you are ok. There was a huge debate about this involving Elev8 and Pioneer4you's IPV3. It was said they were cut off from selling IPV3 and a huge scare happened with people thinking they werent getting there IPV's. There still selling them so its safe to assume the rumors were false or they secured other methods of acquiring the IPV's.

IMAP (Internet Minimum Advertised Price)The Internet Minimum Advertised Price refers to a manufacturer’s pricing policy that does not permit retailers to advertise pricesonline that are below the specified amount. This prevents retailers from competing too fiercely on price, thus lowering the manufacturer’s reputation as a creator of quality products. A little caveat is that you may sell below the IMAP by having the customer interact with you in some fashion, such as calling orsending an email. Also, some retailers will not show the price of an item until the customer initiates a buying action. For example,in order for the customer to see your fixture price, he or she has to add the item to the shopping cart.Because the IMAP is for online only, some manufacturers will allow you to show lower prices in your showroom. However, pleaserefer to individual manufacturers’ IMAP policies.

UMAP (Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price)The Unilateral Minimum Advertised Price is similar to the IMAP, only the UMAP refers to a manufacturer’s pricing policy that doesnot permit retailers to advertise prices online or in your showroom that are below the specified amount. You may not show a pricebelow the UMAP, either on your website or on the sales tag in your showroom. Please refer to the advertised price guidelines ofyour suppliers.UMRP

(Unilateral Manufacturer’s Retail Price)The Unilateral Manufacturer’s Retail Price is the rock-bottom price you can’t sell below regardless of IMAP or UMAP. Manufactur-ers have strict rules, and you can get reprimanded if you sell below this price. Each manufacturer has their own rule regardingtheir UMRP policy.Oftentimes manufacturers overrule their own UMRP by offering special promotions. Just be aware that typically this happenswhen they are promoting overstocked or discontinued items. These promotions may have expiration dates. IMAP, UMAP and UMRP have been designed not only to help you maintain your shop but also to help manufacturers maintainthe integrity of the product. After all, Mercedes-Benz will not allow a brand new “S” class car to be sold for $10,000 at any showroom. This maintains the product value as well as the reputation of the manufacturer. Remember, IMAP, UMAP and UMRP alone can’t save you from losing money. As with any business, you have to have good marketing plans to survive. We have seen internet sales up last year. Hopefully this trend will continue through 2012. Keep yourself updated with the constantly changing rules and always askfor product, operational and selling suggestions from your manufacturers and their reps

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
At this rate, might be the 26th of December. Seems like they keep pushing it back, week after week. But then again, maybe some vendors posted an early date to try and pick up more sales. Not sure, but I started considering this mod when I first heard about it in August.

No I am sure they will get it together before X-mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread