Status
Not open for further replies.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Both are fine mods, but the better option is the MVP 20 Watt (not the Shine 2.0). It has a steady output (unlike the eleaf iStick 20 watt which has wonky power output), a good connection (unlike the MVP version 2.0 and the eleaf istick, which have weak threads and poor center pin) and the same great battery life of the MVP version 2.0 (shine is 2.0 not 20 watt, just to reiterate).

So, why not get the MVP 20 watt? It should be in the exact same price range you're looking at with the Shine and the iStick.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
If looks are important, you should go with the one that you like the looks of best, certainly. There are plenty of wraps available for all of the mods listed though - I thought you were asking as far as performance, my mistake.

There are WHITE and GREEN MVP 20 watts, if you can find them in stock though, if those colors suit you better.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
The MVP 2.0 Shine will have a much lower output maximum, at 5 volts or 11 watts respectively. They are proven to be one of the most durable mods out there though, and have the ability to charge other electronic devices. The 510 threading is a little weak and can strip if you aren't careful. The center connection pin also has a tendency to sink if you screw your atomizer on too tightly again and again.

The eLeaf iStick will have a higher output maximum, at 5.5*(6) volts or 20 watts respectively with the right ohm coil. The 510 threads are VERY weak and you should put an adapter on it to accommodate as soon as possible to increase the lifespan of the iStick threads. The center pin is also suspect, and can sink if you aren't careful screwing on your atomizers too tightly. The power output at lower settings is all over the place, so the display will not be correct when you set it for lower numbers - it will actually be outputting at much higher values (3 volts setting will actually be putting out closer to 4.1 volts).

Both mods are well received and well liked. The iStick is more compact and has a slightly shorter battery life at 2200 mah compared to the MVP Shine's 2600 mah. If you require more power, the iStick is the right choice. If you don't require more power, the MVP is the right choice. If you prefer smaller mods, the iStick is the right choice. If you want longer battery life, the MVP is the right choice, etc, etc, etc.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
It was kinda of a performance question, as im fairly new to all this im not to sure of the differances between all of them, but in reading your previous post i think i might go with the MVP 20 watt and put a wrap on it,

As far as performance, the MVP 20 watt will win every time set beside the other two mentioned, so if that is important to you, I think that is the right choice at this time.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Fattlestar has it right, unless the form factor of the istick really grabs you. If I had to pick between the two I'd grab the MVP 20watt just for the build quality, though things will shake up again a bunch in February. Either way it's not a great time to buy an MVP v2 unless you get a really great deal to hold you over until Februrary or such when things get weird again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread