Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m loving my Zeus single coil somewhat more than the dual. I’m not sure it can be improved upon!! One of the best flavor attys I’ve tried. I normally drip but the single coil is my go to RTA.
I’ll wait for users reviews b4 jumping on board.

Any new RDAs coming up for release soon? I think I have almost all of them at this point lol!! Oh except the Baron.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I’m loving my Zeus single coil somewhat more than the dual. I’m not sure it can be improved upon!! One of the best flavor attys I’ve tried. I normally drip but the single coil is my go to RTA.
I’ll wait for users reviews b4 jumping on board.

Any new RDAs coming up for release soon? I think I have almost all of them at this point lol!! Oh except the Baron.

Maybe in April

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Maybe you could have a try on this one with single coil

I finally ordered one of these to try. It' will probably be a week or two before I receive it though. I like the original zeus so much that I just had to try this one.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    What are the measurements of the build deck? Length, width, height? Distance between post holes? Is it true that the kit includes hex screws to replace the flathead ones? Is there enough room for 3.5mm coils?

Replying to self here. My new Zeus X just arrived in the mail and I'm upgrading from the Zeus Dual. The deck's post holes are 10mm from outer edge to outer edge. I installed a pair of 0.21ohm 5-wrap 3.5mm staggered framed staple coils. They were a tight fit and are probably the largest coils you could install on this deck. (3mm round wire coils would be a breeze.) The build clocks in at 0.11ohm, runs at 150W, and it's cloud and flavor heaven here.
    1.jpg
    The build deck is substantially roomier than the Zeus Dual's. The juice wicking channels are wider too. And yes it comes with a set of hex screws and an allen wrench as an alternative to the pre-installed slot-drive screws. (Although slot screws are good because they are very hard to strip, so I'm not sure why the Youtube reviewers complain about them.) As far as the advertised "open access" to trim the wires: no set of diagonal pliers is going to fit in that tiny space, but it's still useful to visually gauge how much excess remains to trim. Long legs make for an inefficient coil that wastes battery.

It comes with the usual Geekvape accessory bag full of every type of O-ring imaginable, spare screws and drivers, ultem drip tip, drip tip adapter, a nice pair of nichrome fused clapton 0.4ohm coils, and a pair of fancy shoelace wicks. The installed low-profile drip tip is the shortest I've ever seen and the Ultem one looks great too.

This is indeed a no-leak tank as long as the cotton is installed properly. Even when lying on its side. Even if you place it upside down! Be sure that the cotton fills the wicking channels all the way down to the bottom. The wider channels mean you probably won't need to rake your cotton to thin it out. The cotton forms the plug that regulates juice flow from the tank so it needs to completely fill that space or you'll get spitting and flooding.

This RTA is absolutely spectacular—my instant favorite.

Last edited:

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    Replying to self here. My new Zeus X just arrived in the mail and I'm upgrading from the Zeus Dual. The deck's post holes are 10mm from outer edge to outer edge. I installed a pair of 0.21ohm 5-wrap 3.5mm staggered framed staple coils. They were a tight fit and are probably the largest coils you could install on this deck. (3mm round wire coils would be a breeze.) The build clocks in at 0.11ohm, runs at 150W, and it's cloud and flavor heaven here.

The build deck is substantially roomier than the Zeus Dual's. The juice wicking channels are wider too. And yes it comes with a set of hex screws and an allen wrench as an alternative to the pre-installed slot-drive screws. (Although slot screws are good because they are very hard to strip, so I'm not sure why the Youtube reviewers complain about them.) As far as the advertised "open access" to trim the wires: no set of diagonal pliers is going to fit in that tiny space, but it's still useful to visually gauge how much excess remains to trim. Long legs make for an inefficient coil that wastes battery.

It comes with the usual Geekvape accessory bag full of every type of O-ring imaginable, spare screws and drivers, ultem drip tip, drip tip adapter, a nice pair of nichrome fused clapton 0.4ohm coils, and a pair of fancy shoelace wicks. The installed low-profile drip tip is the shortest I've ever seen and the Ultem one looks great too.

This is indeed a no-leak tank as long as the cotton is installed properly. Even when lying on its side. Even if you place it upside down! Be sure that the cotton fills the wicking channels all the way down to the bottom. The wider channels mean you probably won't need to rake your cotton to thin it out. The cotton forms the plug that regulates juice flow from the tank so it needs to completely fill that space or you'll get spitting and flooding.

Thank you for the detailed message.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for sharing all that information. I'm looking forward to receiving mine. I doubt that I'll run mine that high.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    That 3.5mm dual coil setup didn't work out. The resistance became unstable and I was having to change the cotton daily. The length was too great and there wasn't enough room for the cotton to curve down into the channels. I downgraded to a pair of Geekvape F202 0.25ohm 4-wrap 3.0mm framed staple fused claptons for 0.13ohm at 100W and I'm getting better results.
    IMG_20190321_222445632 - Copy.jpg IMG_20190321_222548711_HDR - Copy.jpg IMG_20190321_224125429_HDR.jpg

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    @Geekvape_Official i have two questions,
    Deck of zeus single coil is now available, i need one for putting on dutty a old soldier i have wounded,
    Also im interested in some sparte drip tips for ammit MTL, i wish they were 1 piece, but no... crappy plastic ones...
    Regards,

For accessories, we may recommend you to contact, support@geekvape.com

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    No, it was from 3avape. They had a good price but I didn’t realize shipping would take so long. It shipped on the 8th and still isn’t here. However, I ordered buttons and skeletons for my aegis minis from the geekvape store and it took quite a while.

VforVape

Mar 9, 2018
    S-E Asia

Regarding your point about diagonal pliers not being able to fit, maybe you could use the kind that comes with the Coil Master DIY Kit V3? The blades are much more angular and I've been able to use them to trim my coil legs to the tip when they're installed on the build deck.

I'm having spitting and flooding problems now and your tips on wicking are much appreciated, am going to try raking the cotton less once I get around to rewicking the thing.

@Fidola13 check out the wicking pics in this thread, this is similar to the way that I've installed the coils on mine. Close to the deck and the side airflow holes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread