Defective atty? .. Just toss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Bad-atty.jpg
The atty in the lower image was 'the very first atty' I tried to vape off of.. :( I thought "this sucks a**"! It emits a tiny bit of vapor nothing more, it wasn't one that came with my starter kit, it was an extra one I bought. I put a good one on and "Hallelujah!" :toast: I've been analog free ever since...
It has a fiber looking thing that might be touching the metal on the side.... Is it Fixable?

Last edited:

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
No don't toss it!! That's your wick material hanging out. It helps bring the juice from the mesh and bridge to your hot coil that's hidden below. Just simply remove the bridge and the wick material (white fibers) and drip directly onto the coil...once you've tried this, you will probably de-bridge all of your attys. BTW, same thing happened to me! But then I found this de-bridging video and I've never looked back!!!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/132683-bridgeless-drippers-dream-atty.html

I cracked open an new atty today, that has a bridge to compare it to my now bridgeless one...now tomorrow I'm going to debridge that one too :p

Good Luck!

ice

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
The second atty I attempted to use barely did anything. I assumed it was a total dud and set it aside. A few days later when I did an alcohol soak on the two I'd been using for a few days I threw the "dud" into the soak too figuring I had nothing to loose. Gave it another try the next day and WOW worked great and has continued to for the past two months and still going strong. Yep, that fibers just part of your wick.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
The second atty I attempted to use barely did anything. I assumed it was a total dud and set it aside. A few days later when I did an alcohol soak on the two I'd been using for a few days I threw the "dud" into the soak too figuring I had nothing to loose. Gave it another try the next day and WOW worked great and has continued to for the past two months and still going strong. Yep, that fibers just part of your wick.

Actually, probably should have mentioned this first...good advice grandmato5. This is def a simpler fix. I actually tried that on mine, and it worked many times. Then, one of the times I used compressed air at work to blow it out and I completely blew out all the wicking material! LOL So then my coil would get hot, but there was nothing left to wet the juice from the bridge to the coil :( I then did the bridge removal...and was so happy to still have a working atty, actually, a far better working atty now!!

ice

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Does a bridgless and wickless atty take less juice? Right now I use standard 510 attys on my ego, I drip 4 drops which last roughly 10 -15 draws. Im eager to try the mod but don't want to find myself dripping more often.

You know what, I think you are right. I feel I tend to drip more without the bridge and mesh. I suppose it makes sense, there is less wick and mesh material to hold juice. However, the bridgeless atty produces insane vapor, TH, and the flavor is more intense :p So I like those aspects. I posted elsewhere that yesterday I opened a new 510 atty that still as bridge and everything, and tried dripping on that...there was a huge difference in vapor production, TH, and flavor...all noticeably less than using no bridge.

ice

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Edit: (I didn't see the post just above), It is highly unlikely I will do business with them again (A.S.) maybe they are respected here, but there were to many negatives - Lack of products, lack of e-juice in stock, my 110+ dollar order arrived in a ripped open padded envelope... I don't believe I'd want to go through an RMA process for one atty.

I concur, I removed the bridge and the other stuff, it now works and produces about 25% more vapor. Been using it with my fruit flavors and am thinking of doing one more for the tobacco juice. Thanks

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have an atty that I dewicked /debridged that I have used for peaches & cream ... & one thing about raw coil dripping is that there is not much, if any flavor carry over if ya vape it till dry... basically a dry burn ...so you can use a different flavor immediately when you choose to....just don't over do it ... or you will "pop" the atty... so I've been told .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread