Defective Eleaf Air coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
A couple months ago I purchased 5 eleaf air coils and they came in individually wrapped packages, not the box. Not necessarily a problem but these have the wrong size threading and will not seat in the tanks. I have forgotten where I purchased them, ebay vendor? fasttech? Has anyone else run into this?
Snapshot_20161114.JPG

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I haven't had a problem at all and I've purchased dozens of them. I'd think what you have is a problem with a shady vendor, not a shady company. That's a strange way to package them, isn't it?

Fasttech is not noted for this type of thing, but with eBay, you never know. I've ordered some things there, but I do my best to choose carefully.

Sorry you're having problems. For the price, I've found eLeaf equipment and coils to be very satisfying,

flambo

Feb 24, 2016
Rayonia
A couple months ago I purchased 5 eleaf air coils and they came in individually wrapped packages, not the box. Not necessarily a problem but these have the wrong size threading and will not seat in the tanks. I have forgotten where I purchased them, ebay vendor? Fasttech? Has anyone else run into this? View attachment 613859

Can you check your orders?
Boring, I know.

If you still have the good ones, they are pretty easy to rebuild-
and worth doing, because the factory wicking isn't great.
Lightly torching the outside makes popping the cap back in easier.
(There are youtube vids)

Someone I know had dud "authentic" nautilus coils, and I stumbled on someone on ecf who'd had the same problem, from the same vendor (best known for being a nic vendor).
At the time, nautilus was super-popular, so QC may have been lowered to meet demand.
Authentication codes are faked.
Someone with lots of nauts physically checked her coils & tanks, and there was something wrong. I forget what.

I know there's been a shortage of the GS 1.5 coils for a while.

She is quite a fan of the various GS Air tanks, and was instrumental in my buying a GS Tank- same coils, after I swore I'd never buy a non-RBA again.
I love it.
(Her last GS Air has fallen apart, and she has tons of coils left-
worse than the manufacturer ceasing production)

I've rebuilt the nickel coils a few times- with tencel fibre, which is tricky. The rayon thread or jeremyR's blog has all the info on the easy forms.
There's enough room in those coil heads to give you several options.
You should be able to fit 28G ss or Ti to 1.5Ω.
(I'm using 30G Ni- would be lucky to fit 0.3Ω...lol)
There are also ss nr-r-nr, which can also be really useful if you get into serious rebuilding on RBA. (Avoid my current love, TiNi wire, because the heat in the "legs" may wreck the grommet.)

I've never had a dud coil coil, but the minefield of fakes & lowered QC drove me to rebuilding, when I thought it was voodoo. (I was also intrigued with TC)

If you've never rebuilt, Derringer v3 is about as easy as it gets (and the reason I don't use my GS Tank more)
With TC, I use it as my main atty everywhere (and carry a pre-built as a spare)
A single 28G ss coil is a bit hot under ~1.1Ω
It should be better twisted-
loop the wire through the handle of a mug & spin it until it's pretty tight.
You can get by with nail clippers, but decent cutters are better. There are a few with stronger blades suitable for ss at FT.

TiNi wire is even better, imo, than ss, if you use TC.
(not suitable for non-TC)

Bookmark Steam Engine

Good luck :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread