Defective VAMO...awaiting customer service response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
Hi all, this maybe located in the wrong place if so I apologize. I purchased a VAMO on 12/20. I received the unit on 12/24. Upon receiving the device I first thought it was broken. The entire unit looked "bent". I found that the first battery tube that is attached to the head of the device was tilted to one side. I was able to push it back into place and all was well. A few days later I realized that this was turning into a real problem. This first tube no longer stays attached to the head. There are no threads on the base of the head for this tube to screw on it is just pressed together. I emailed electronicstix on 12/29. This unit works exceptionally well except for the fact that it simply falls apart. It comes off so easy that if I try to pull a drip tip off while holding onto the bottom of the device I will pull off the entire tank and control head in one piece. The battery tube and battery will stay in my hand. I'm hoping after this holiday I get a response and hopefully a replacement unit. Has anyone else's vamo done this? I'm just curious.

P1020202.jpg
P1020203.jpg
P1020206.jpg
P1020208.jpg This last picture shows the bottom of the head, as you can see zero threads.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
I hear ya! I thought about glue but I'm a little hesitant because once it's glued it may not make a solid connection which is required to complete the circuit. I also thought about just making a wrap for it. I dunno. If it's not replaced I will figure something out. Hopefully they work with me though. This was my first order with them but I've heard nothing but good things. Hopefully that proves correct!

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I hear ya! I thought about glue but I'm a little hesitant because once it's glued it may not make a solid connection which is required to complete the circuit. I also thought about just making a wrap for it. I dunno. If it's not replaced I will figure something out. Hopefully they work with me though. This was my first order with them but I've heard nothing but good things. Hopefully that proves correct!

yeah a modwrap from jwraps would certainly help hold it together.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
I received the replacement unit yesterday. While it is fully intact, the battery spring on this one is weak in comparison to the first one. I will find a replacement spring. This unit works fine about 90% of the time but it has cut itself off multiple times which I can only assume is the battery moving a little. Just wanted to update this thread so everyone knows that they did in fact replace the defective unit.

applefr3ak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Ogden, Utah, United States
MSE, submit a ticket on our site, we will be happy to send you a replacement v2 spring.
Jake, it has always been our policy to do exact exchanges. I will have our web guy look at the site, if it does indeed say that we do refunds we can try to work something out. But i dont believe it states on there that we do so. We always issue an RMA number and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread