Definitive Prodigy Battery Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancer

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
List the Following Info to help identify good/bad battery products outside of the Recommended Tenergy batteries sold with the Prodigy.

1)Type of Prodigy(3.7/6v or regulated 5v)
2)Brand/Make of batteries or site or store info/product number
3)Size/type of battery
4)rated/listed voltage
5)Mah of battery
6)Brand name of Charger used/name of store or site/product number.
7) Run time of these batteries and charger combination.
8) Any comments and pertinent tips to achieving or avoiding your results

Hopefully with this thread we can eliminate issues that may crop up with purchasers of the Base Kit by pooling information in one thread:thumbs:

Last edited:

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Hi guys. My name is Mike and I am new to vaping. I started about 2 weeks ago, and havent had an analog smoke ever since. I absolutely love it. Im feeling so much healthier and I am really enjoying it. I ordered a Prodigy 801 with a 901 adapter. I see the list of batteries I can use, but could someone tell me where I would be able to purchase them? I want to get every kind available right away so they are here before my Prodigy arrives. I am so excited. :)

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Because I can't find a Tenergy RCR123a 5.0 V battery anywhere. I even looked on Tenergy's website. Am I loosing it or what?

There is no 5.0V Battery, Thats why they are pretty tough to find:)

If you ordered the 801 Kit, It includes four 3.0V 750mah Batteries and the proper charger. These are the only type batteries you will need if you plan on using the Prodigy at 5.0V's.
The Prodigy will regulate the voltage to ~5.0 Volts using two of the 3.0V 750 mah Batteries.

If you want some spares added to your Kit order they are listed here... PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For PV's, Parts, & Accessories! I'm sure if ya shoot Casey an email she can get some spares added to your order (saving you additional S&H)

If ya ordered the 801 Base kit and you dont have the correct batteries, I'd suggest ya ask Casey to change your order to a kit. Ya can't beat the deal PS is offering on the Kit if ya don't already own the batteries, charger and atomizer.:D

Hope that helps,

Mike

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Steve or Strat or whoever may know.

I get lost trying to keep up with all the differant threads regarding battery charging/up-keep. I R hopeless in that respect.

Does the Prodigy come with battery instructions?
How long 1st charge, how long 2nd and so forth.

Do I trust the indicator light on the charger? KISS please, Yes or No

TIA, hope the thing gets here before the weekend!!!

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
Steve or Strat or whoever may know.

I get lost trying to keep up with all the differant threads regarding battery charging/up-keep. I R hopeless in that respect.

Does the Prodigy come with battery instructions?
How long 1st charge, how long 2nd and so forth.

Do I trust the indicator light on the charger? KISS please, Yes or No

TIA, hope the thing gets here before the weekend!!!

Yeppers ... the Prodigy comes with instructions ... charging times, etc ...
and as near as I can tell so far ... the charger's green light seems to be in sync with recommended charging times ... :)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yeppers ... the Prodigy comes with instructions ... charging times, etc ...
and as near as I can tell so far ... the charger's green light seems to be in sync with recommended charging times ... :)

Thanks Ladycats! So good to see somebody be-sides myself that sez 'Yeppers'! :)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
OTD
The initial charge is 3-5 hours after that its about 2 hrs. The batteries last me 6-7+ hrs of constant vaping. The prodigy instructions are really helpful and to the point not a long manual that is hard to read like some are. Its everything other models are not!

good to hear VV. Us old farts need it simple and straight forward :rolleyes:

Thanks All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread