Dekang juice, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The closest place to use sells what I assume is dekang. They say its a high quality juice from china. My wife likes the juices but I'm trying as many differant companies to find what I like. The dekang tastes good and the exhale doesn't seem to have a smell unlike some of the north american juices I've tries that taste good when inhaling but smell like sweaty sneakers on the exhale, some so bad that I'm not allowed to smoke them in the car when driving and I agree with my wife on the smells. I know that every company has their own formula for juices but some are just plain nasty and would like to know what the ingredients are in some of the juices so I can avoid those particular stinky exhale chemicals used.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
This is just my opinion, but I would not deliberately use anything that goes into my body/lungs that comes from China. Their standards/regulations in regards to food/products is nothing compared to standards/regulations in America.

Really?? China invented vaping and the first eliquid. The carto or atomizer you are using is made in China and could just as easily "contaminate" you. US vapers have been using Chinese eliquid since 2008 with no reported ill effects. Approximately 90% of all eliquid used comes from China. A number of long time ECF members have traveled to China and inspected the largest eliquid manufacturing facilites and found them to be very sanitary and sterile. It's more likely that a small US eliquid supplier using their kitchen, bathroom, basement or garage as a mixing station is more unsanitary.

These unfounded and unsupported condemnations of Chinese eliquid gets old to read.

Note: whether in the US, China, the Netherlands, etc, there will be good and safe eliquid suppliers and some that are not so good.

Last edited:

ryb74ii

Aug 17, 2010
Louisiana
Everything is a matter of taste, so what works for one person may not work for the other.

I haven't tried Dekang juices in years, as I am currently re-entering the vaping world . . . Personally, I thought Dekang e-liquids were somewhat disgusting. The only flavors I thought were pretty decent were the Cherry and Green Mint. Other than that, they have a bad aftertaste that seems universal with all the flavors -- kind of a burnt maple taste or something along those lines.

ThunderPumpkin

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
South America
I reviewed 14 Dekang liquids. They're perfectly fine, fair-to-middling e-juices. The fruit flavors are pleasant but weak. I love their mint and cinnamon. Their beverages are hit-or-miss.

None are outstanding. But they provide very clean, light vapes. Let me give you an example. Last night, I chain vaped about 3 ml of my favorite 555 in a bar with a friend. That's a lot of liquid in a short time, and after a few hours I started getting that unpleasant heavy lung feeling, not unlike low-grade asthma. I still needed to vape, and I still needed my nicotine, so I turned to my cheap Dekang juices. The premium US juices all turned me off in that situation -- from experience, I knew they'd only add to the heavy lung feeling. But vaping Dekang Mint mixed with Dekang Blueberry didn't do that -- it's a very light vape.

As an aside, I'm beginning to wonder about the long-term effects of the rather intense flavorings you get in most American e-juices. The PG, VG and nicotine are apparently problem-free, but the thousands of flavorings?

All I know is that when my lungs are feeling tight, I turn to the weak-flavored Dekangs.

ThunderPumpkin

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
South America
Damn. That's impressive as hell! I've been to dentists with far less hygienic conditions. And I'm willing to bet that that facility cost more than the annual profits of the top 25 US juice makers combined, meaning we're not likely to see anything like this for a long time to come.

This has really given me pause to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread