Dekang juice, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'd really like to believe that this video is an actual e-liquid manufacturing facility, but I see absolutely nothing related to e-liquid whatsoever. I see a guy going into a clean-room lab facility and looking at a few stainless steel tanks.

You'd think that a 'proof' video would at least include some like actual proof that this is an e-liquid facility, but I see nothing (though I have no horse in this race and no reason to doubt its authenticity... it's just pretty weak proof).

Leaford is one of the early, original members of ECF. Many of us vets got to know him back in the day. He would not lie or be a party to some fake video. He became an employee of Vapor4Life and went to China in their employ to assist in providing high standard eliquid for Vapor4Life.

Blazebars

May 4, 2013
IJmuiden
I'd really like to believe that this video is an actual e-liquid manufacturing facility, but I see absolutely nothing related to e-liquid whatsoever. I see a guy going into a clean-room lab facility and looking at a few stainless steel tanks.

You'd think that a 'proof' video would at least include some like actual proof that this is an e-liquid facility, but I see nothing (though I have no horse in this race and no reason to doubt its authenticity... it's just pretty weak proof).

I guess you are right.I do not see any real proof.
But on the other hand,on the other video there is also no real proof.
But i doubt neither one.
And China is as far away for me like America is.

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
As uncle Si would say: Hey! Chinese drywall, enough said!:facepalm:

Ok... Seriously...

I first started vaping like many of you... I purchased a cheap Ego kit and some re-labeled Dekang juice (the only juice my local brick & mortar store store had). After a few weeks of vaping, I was thrilled that I was no longer dependent on cigarettes! I was however infuriated to find out the juice I was inhaling was made in China. I began a journey to find the best USA juice available.

After spending many thousands of dollars searching for the perfect American juice, I have settled in with less than a handful of American vendors that really work for me; vendors that I really TRUST. That said, after vaping for some time, I've experienced and read about factual accounts of some pretty deplorable QC issues with some American vendors. And...many "American made" juices I tried were really a just a blend of Chinese ingredients BOTTLED in America. "American made" has become sort of a crap shoot these days. Now from a political, socioeconomic, and patriotic perspective, I would rather buy USA made juice. I rarely buy anything from outside our boarder- because I'm an AMERICAN! But, it is getting harder and harder in this global"economy" to support only American made products- who knows what is really made in America anymore... A good example is pharmaceutical nicotine. Many, if not most American vendors use nicotine from China & India because they are literally giants who own the nicotine market. As brought up earlier, Chinese juices, such as Dekang are not produced with a retail destination in mind. in fact Asia and Europe account for the majority of their sales, so it is very unlikely the Chinese would intentionally try to poison us with their juice.

Like most of you, I too have trust issues with China. I would much rather support and feed American families by buying American made products. As much as I steered away from Chinese juice when I first started vaping, I'm not opposed to it as much now that I've educated myself on the subject. Dekang is ISO certified, which means they practice safe, sustainable manufacturing processes. Any failure in their manufacturing processes (contamination, etc) would lead to a revocation in their ISO certification. I don't know of any American companies that maintain ISO certification- other than maybe JC. Chinese juices are under heavy scrutiny (and sampling) as they are imported into the United States. Chinese juices are also imported with material safety data sheets (MSDS), which outline ingredients and their cumulative effect to skin, eyes, respiratory system, etc.

Anywho...With all of this talk about Dekang... I stopped at a local vape shop and picked up some DK-Tab, RY4, and Desert Ship. I've not vaped any of it yet, but the DK-Tab smells AMAZING in the bottle, and the others aren't far behind..At the end of the day, the best tools we have to keep ourselves and our vaping community safe is to educate ourselves and masterfully communicate our learnings with each other. To this end, I am very grateful to you all & ECF!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
We were raised to be suspect of Communist countries.
Some are old enough to remember what real racist were like right here in the USA.
A common denominator links both. Early educational Values.
We cannot un-learn anything, however it is our responsibility to continue to become more educated and understanding.

I will not hold a country responsible for a man's or companies short comings. If I did I would have to leave the USA as we are just as flawed as any. We simply refuse to see this and continue down our own winding path to distruction.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Ok... Seriously...

I first started vaping like many of you... I purchased a cheap Ego kit and some re-labeled Dekang juice (the only juice my local brick & mortar store store had). After a few weeks of vaping, I was thrilled that I was no longer dependent on cigarettes! I was however infuriated to find out the juice I was inhaling was made in China. I began a journey to find the best USA juice available.

After spending many thousands of dollars searching for the perfect American juice, I have settled in with less than a handful of American vendors that really work for me; vendors that I really TRUST. That said, after vaping for some time, I've experienced and read about factual accounts of some pretty deplorable QC issues with some American vendors. And...many "American made" juices I tried were really a just a blend of Chinese ingredients BOTTLED in America. "American made" has become sort of a crap shoot these days. Now from a political, socioeconomic, and patriotic perspective, I would rather buy USA made juice. I rarely buy anything from outside our boarder- because I'm an AMERICAN! But, it is getting harder and harder in this global"economy" to support only American made products- who knows what is really made in America anymore... A good example is pharmaceutical nicotine. Many, if not most American vendors use nicotine from China & India because they are literally giants who own the nicotine market. As brought up earlier, Chinese juices, such as Dekang are not produced with a retail destination in mind. in fact Asia and Europe account for the majority of their sales, so it is very unlikely the Chinese would intentionally try to poison us with their juice.

Like most of you, I too have trust issues with China. I would much rather support and feed American families by buying American made products. As much as I steered away from Chinese juice when I first started vaping, I'm not opposed to it as much now that I've educated myself on the subject. Dekang is ISO certified, which means they practice safe, sustainable manufacturing processes. Any failure in their manufacturing processes (contamination, etc) would lead to a revocation in their ISO certification. I don't know of any American companies that maintain ISO certification- other than maybe JC. Chinese juices are under heavy scrutiny (and sampling) as they are imported into the United States. Chinese juices are also imported with material safety data sheets (MSDS), which outline ingredients and their cumulative effect to skin, eyes, respiratory system, etc.

Anywho...With all of this talk about Dekang... I stopped at a local vape shop and picked up some DK-Tab, RY4, and Desert Ship. I've not vaped any of it yet, but the DK-Tab smells AMAZING in the bottle, and the others aren't far behind..At the end of the day, the best tools we have to keep ourselves and our vaping community safe is to educate ourselves and masterfully communicate our learnings with each other. To this end, I am very grateful to you all & ECF!

As a conscious consumer, I usually try to buy consumer products made in the USA over imported products.

However, I will ALWAYS choose quality over location product is made. Why? Because even if a product is made in the USA, and as much as I want to support our nations economy and the hard-working people in our country who our economy is made UP of........if a USA product is inferior to a chinese or other nation's product....I will almost ALWAYS choose the foreign product instead.

It is beyond foolish , in my eyes, to support a product that is inferior. I don't care if it was made in the USA.....if the product quality suffers, they aren't getting a PENNY from me. To me, that is all part of being a good, conscious consumer.

Now, price is a DIFFERENT issue. I don't mind paying a higher price for stuff made in the USA. In fact, I often do CHOOSE to pay a higher price for something, just because it was manufactured in the USA and not in China. I have NO issues with paying extra to support MY country.

Certain things though, such as automobiles, and other products, I refuse to shop domestic. I don't like American cars at all compared to Honda, Acura, etc. Therefore, I buy foreign cars.

As for e-liquid, right now I get my eliquids that are made in the USA.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Waiting for my first Dekang and Liqua orders in the mail. Hard to find RY4 but picked up some RY1. Alot of Dekang mystery names in the selections offered.

US Supplier, good people. Generally have all Strengths in stock
Factory Bottled and reasonably priced.

RY4
Search Results

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
Receved my Dekang today and am plesantly suprised. I tried Dekang grape, mango, DK-Tab, Liqua cola and energy drink. The grape and mango are simple and taste good. Kind of like a Crystal Light sweet drink flavor. I am using a cheap RBA and the throat hit is tough but the flavors seem regular not subtle to me. The DK Tab is growing on me in the short time I've vaped it. Kinda nutty, maple, earthy like described by others. My wife said the exhaled vapor stinks on that one. Liqua cola is good. I have that one in a clearo. Tastes like a good ole supermarket brand cola. The Liqua energy drink tastes closer to a Red Bull than another popular vendor's offering. Energy drink kinda tastes more like a diet Rockstar. The Liqua bottles and boxes have expirations for March 2015. Day 1 of vaping Chinese liquids have me currious about other flavors they offer. Think I may pick some other flavors up here and there in the future.

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
My first Dekang order was for Hazelnut, Green Tea, Orange and Black Current, none of which really impressed me, but vapable.
I ordered again, and this time got RedBul, Minty and Strawberry. They arrived today and I like all three. The minty is really strong mint/methol. The Strawberry is good. The surprise is how much I like the RedBul. I've never had the drink, so I can't say if the flavor is accurate. This is one I definitely plan on re-ordering.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Here is a definition from the same source that would appear to fit your opinion:

Prejudice:

Noun

Preconceived opinion not based on reason or experience.

Really? Is it necessary for people to jump on the "you're a racist/prejudiced because you don't agree with me" bandwagon?

I think as AMERICANS we can choose where and what we want to purchase for ourselves. I don't see anyone calling the Dekang fans "commies"? It's just not appropriate either way.

:::::stepping off soapbox::::::

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Really? Is it necessary for people to jump on the "you're a racist/prejudiced because you don't agree with me" bandwagon?

I think as AMERICANS we can choose where and what we want to purchase for ourselves. I don't see anyone calling the Dekang fans "commies"? It's just not appropriate either way.

:::::stepping off soapbox::::::

When a person states I don't eat in Chinese restaurants because I don't like the taste of Chinese food, that's simply stating a taste preference and no one would see that as prejudice. If the same person stated they wouldn't eat in a Chinese restaurant because it's operated by a Chinese person and is unsafe to eat because the owner is Chinese, that's prejudice. Substitute the word "food" with "eliquid", "restaurant" with "eliquid supplier" and the analogy is exactly the same.

You obviously do not understand the difference between a simple "choice" preference based on taste and defaming an entire country by implying that all Chinese eliquid is unsafe. One is understandable and acceptable. The other is prejudice.

Since you don't understand the difference, then you should have no problem with this statement:

Everyone should stay clear of American eliquid because there have been severe illness and deaths from food processed in the US.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
When a person states I don't eat in Chinese restaurants because I don't like the taste of Chinese food, that's simply stating a taste preference and no one would see that as prejudice. If the same person stated they wouldn't eat in a Chinese restaurant because it's operated by a Chinese person and is unsafe to eat because the owner is Chinese, that's prejudice. Substitute the word "food" with "eliquid", "restaurant" with "eliquid supplier" and the analogy is exactly the same.

You obviously do not understand the difference between a simple "choice" preference based on taste and defaming an entire country by implying that all Chinese eliquid is unsafe. One is understandable and acceptable. The other is prejudice.

Since you don't understand the difference, then you should have no problem with this statement:

Everyone should stay clear of American eliquid because there have been severe illness and deaths from food processed in the US.

I agree with this entirely, but it is a futile argument. 99% of the time, people who are slightly racist and/or prejudice aren't going to change. It was ingrained in them as a child, and to them, it is normal.

They don't consider themselves prejudice or racist....and think only the extreme examples, such as violent behavior towards a race, or extreme hating of a race....is racist/prejudice.

I see this in a lot of older folks. They are slightly distrustful of a specific race, or make racist/prejudice comments and think nothing of it. To them, it isn't being racist.....it just how they think. Very, very difficult to get people with these preconceived ideas to change their minds.

In fact, it is very difficult to get ANYONE with preconceived ideas to change their mind! A truly open mind is an extremely valuable tool, because it is so rare. Everyday we are bombarded with information, and everyday our brains are forming beliefs, opinions, ideas, and re-enforcing them as well.

Anyway, to return more to the topic of the post I replied to.....I've seen a LOT of prejudice of vapers towards Chinese suppliers/e-liquids. The ironic thing is, the technology itself comes from China, more or less. Perhaps not the actual blueprints for the designs , as has been debated in the e-cig community, but it was Chinese factories that allowed for e-cigs and their items to become widespread.

The truth that no one likes to hear, especially those of us who value our e-liquid.....is that most e-liquid is the same. In fact, just about all of it is....whether from China, or the US. Besides the one or two companies who use WTA, all the major e-liquid brands from China, US, and elsewhere, use PG/VG/Nicotine/Artificial flavorings. There are VERY little exceptions. The reason some e-liquids taste better to you than others, is usually because of WHICH artificial flavorings where mixed together, and which major supplier they got their artificial flavorings from.

You see a lot of hype for one e-liquid company over the other, you see a lot of advertising, but they aren't THAT different. I DO understand the taste van vary GREATLY. However, the ingredients are usually the same.

Choosing to not order from China, because you have this preconception that somewhere chinese suppliers aren't safe.....is just plain silly, and yes, prejudice. Many people don't understand it is prejudice....because the American media, often times our government, and other groups all buy into this propaganda.......so it seems "normal" to think like this. Normal is a very relative term, however.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread