Dekang RY4 vs Dekang RY4 - Flavor difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmkeebler

Feb 27, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I recently ordered some RY4 from eliquid planet. It came in a small bottle with an orange child proof cap. This particular bottle says YNDK around the rim. 16mg, 10ml. It has the relabel for ELP on it. Dekang brand I assume having the YNDK.

I also recently ordered 120mls of RY4 from anycig.com (straight from China, however, not straight from Dekang). This cap is white. 18mg, 30ml bottles (four of them). It's label has two small round stickers denoting the strength. The label has a square photo with rounded edges of what appears to be a tobacco field. The rim of the white, childproof cap also has YNDK.

Why the long explanation? Because they taste REMARKABLY different.

ELP's RY4 has a lovely smooth flavor of toasted/roasted nuts of some sort, soft tones of caramel and vanilla with an undertone of tobacco flavor. On exhale, that brief moment of cotton candy sweetness that you keep vaping to taste to be sure you tasted it proper. I love this one. This one is why I ordered 120mls of RY4 Dekang branded. ELP just didn't have a bigger bottle than 10ml.

Anycig.com's RY4 is far from a strong flavor. It's far more subtle. Lightly teasing you that it could possibly be RY4. Maybe. Someday. After some liquid evaporates. The hint of flavor is there. On exhale, there is almost... a very isopropyl alcohol flavor to it. You know, when you inhale while you are cleaning something or disinfecting something. It doesn't have this smell at all. And I only taste it very very briefly on exhale when vaping.

A little input ... please? I know there are different versions of RY4 out there. I have also tried it from one other place I just cannot remember the name of it. A friend of mine had given me a little bit to keep me sane while I waited on China to ship my order.

How is it that two RY4's from the same company vary so differently?
Could I have possibly been victim of foul play?
Has anyone else had RY4 taste like it may have some sort of alcohol in it?
Would anyone like to purchase the weird tasting RY4? (I kid, I won't be selling it, if I won't vape it, not even going to trade it... forty dollars = trash :( )

Last edited:

Loghomeguy

Feb 25, 2010
Quebec
IMHO FSUSA has about the best I've tasted. You can optionally boost the flavor if desired. Backwoods Brew also blends a great RY4, you just need to let it steep for best results.
Counterpoint: Both FSUSA and BWB RY4 taste nothing like original dekang RY4. I've searched for my beloved RY4 which disappeared this May(I believe) when Dekang's CEO and board had a little disagreement. Dekang then changed the recipe. I have yet to find that taste again.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I think "RY4" has kinda lost its meaning in a way. Ok the basic idea was tobacco caramel vanilla, some people taste nuts some don't....i've tried RY4 from probably 6 different vendors now. Every one has its own flavor profile from a very sweet vape with no tobacco flavor (vaporpro) to one that is a strong tobacco flavor with more subtle notes on the sweet stuff (BWB). My personal favorite right now is the BWB but i'm really into tobacco flavors more than sweets at the moment.

Phorbin

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
besides the old good yummy long missed DK i tried the following:
vaporstation (vs4 and ry4), myfreedomsmokes, smokeytreats, puresmoker riskee, cignot, myvaporstore, purevapes ry3, awesomevapor, FSUSA (ry4 and ry5), BWB, HC, LF, vaporflow, liquidxpress taboo, want2vape, madvapes, vaporbomb, vaportalk dulcis, nhaler, oRYental4, re(4)nu plain and twisted, ave juice ry4.
have some TW patriot range ry5, perfumers apprentice, bluemistvaping and some vaperite vr4 and ry4 on its way to try out.

Gizmo362

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
North Coast
MrD,
Of all the RY4 that you have sampled, what most have resembled the NHaler? I'm just curious because I have tried FSUSA, BWB, and others but dislike their perfumy undertones. NHaler 555 tasts better to me but their RY4 lacks the flavor that Dekang gave. Of all the ones you sampled is there anything like the original??

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I've tried many supplier versions of DK RY4(and most of the assorted variants). Something did happen with the "general" DK RY4 recipe back in May of this year, and there are several competing stories as to what and why. You can still get the "original" DK RY4 from a few suppliers(RMV & eliquidplanet being 2 of them). There are 2 main problem with the DK RY4 situation:#1 there is "fake" chinese origin DK in the market and some people may be getting this #2. DK doesn't just have 1 RY4 recipe, they custom blend different RY4 formulations for their many distributors- so the DK RY4 you may be getting from madvapes may not be the exact same DK RY4 that your getting from, say, litecigUSA(I'm just using supplier names at random here for purposes of explanation).

THE BEST(in my humble opinion) RY4 is a variant(probably made by DK and relabeled - but I haven't confirmed this). It is sold by VaporTalk and sold under the label Dulcis. It is, without doubt, the smoothest, best tasting, cleanest and best vapor producing RY4 (or variant) I've ever had. I only use it sparingly as a treat because, again in my opinion, it's far too expensive(even for the quality) - I will NOT regularly spend more than $1 per ml as , again in my opinion, there is FAR too much of a profit margin being asked for by the vendor at this pricing level.

Last edited:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
MrD,
Of all the RY4 that you have sampled, what most have resembled the NHaler? I'm just curious because I have tried FSUSA, BWB, and others but dislike their perfumy undertones. NHaler 555 tasts better to me but their RY4 lacks the flavor that Dekang gave. Of all the ones you sampled is there anything like the original??

i think awesomevapor and liberty flights. at least to me. but taboo, riskee (discontinued but some say strictlyjuice is similar if not the same), HC, oRYental4 and dulcis are all good! thing is that i like those sweet tones that old RY4 had and taste buds are tricky cos i dont get it all the time so i try to eat something salty to achieve that. sometimes i dont get the tobacco from it. but its all good! i do like nhaler also and think that the one i got is the high octane one. he carries different kinds doen't he?

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I've read claims (but can't verify) that Hangsen make some of the original Dekang flavours like RY4 now as that is apparently where the engineer/s who left Dekang went. Don't know if that is true or not, but something I've seen posted.

I've heard that Hangsen was the CEO and left with the recipe to start his own company. I've heard that Hangsen left and stole the recipe and was arrested and charged with theft. I've heard that another high ranking DK employee left, stole the recipe, and was arrested and charged with theft. I've heard a "chemist",who created the recipe, stole it and left and was later arrested. I've also heard that none of this is true and it was all a "fake" DK batch that was distributed by another Chinese company(which I know has happened in the past and still does). I've also heard that it was just a errant DK batch back in May.
Hangsen WAS, at least, a high ranking employee of the company(possibly the CEO) and did leave to start his own company. In any case, the RY4(and all the other recipes) would not be his to take, it/they would be the intellectual property of DK and under lock and key. Even if someone did succeed in "stealing" a copy of the formulation from DK, there would most certainly be a safe, safety deposit box, etc... containing the recipe.

Gizmo362

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
North Coast
i think awesomevapor and liberty flights. at least to me. but taboo, riskee (discontinued but some say strictlyjuice is similar if not the same), HC, oRYental4 and dulcis are all good! thing is that i like those sweet tones that old RY4 had and taste buds are tricky cos i dont get it all the time so i try to eat something salty to achieve that. sometimes i dont get the tobacco from it. but its all good! i do like nhaler also and think that the one i got is the high octane one. he carries different kinds doen't he?

I was using the NHale/Xhale version but haven't tried the high octane as it only is available in 12MG for High Volt rigs.
I might have to give HV a try.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I've read claims (but can't verify) that Hangsen make some of the original Dekang flavours like RY4 now as that is apparently where the engineer/s who left Dekang went. Don't know if that is true or not, but something I've seen posted.

thanks for the info. esmokeytreats is selling Hangsen juice now. Hangsen | Facebook

has anyone that knows the old dekang blend tried EST's Ry4? I've tried so many that have awful, chemical undertones, that i'm back to DIY'g. Less flavor by DIY is better than awful taste to me.

what a shame that e-liquid has become a horrible and costly crapshoot compared to a year ago. Juice has the largest profit margin, so this is not only bad for us, but bad for the vendors as they never get repeat customers once customers try their juice.

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
MrD,

if you like Dekang RY4 you have to try Ikenvapes RY4 same basic flavor but way better. its not my style but im not a big fan of Dekangs RY4 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread